• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

CMPMAN1974's 2010 Growing Log

Well, I created a different thread, but I can't find it. It was in the wrong section anyways so I'm starting over.

The season is on. Here's a peek into early activity. It's no AJ set-up, but....

P1080622.jpg

P1080623.jpg

P1080629.jpg

P1080630.jpg

Plants looking great Chris very healty what kind fertilizer you use are you using Chili Focus or something else? I like the color of wild ones they growing well for you hope we have better weather & season this year.

why do you prefer the square pots? so that you can evenly fit them on a rack with no wasted space or will the plant grow better?
NIce Greenery BTW

WOW. I just drooled a little bit looking at all those salad greens. Have you planted any out yet? Still too cold in Mich?

PRF, most of them are not new to me, except Tovarii and Buforum. Thanks for the compliment.

Nate, I use mostly square pots for space compaction as you guessed. You can fit a lot of 2.5" square pots in my hard plant trays (24). I like that size a lot, though not as large as others use here. I've used my share of solo cups and many other sizes over the years. All work well.

915River, you won't believe this, but I hardly ever fertilize my plants indoors. Very small doses of Monty's 8-16-8 liquid plant food, small dosing of H2O2, and maybe a tad of Karma fertilizer. They really don't need a lot IMO, but whatever the hell AJ does works better. My goal is not to get crazy growth because I can't manage the size of hundreds of plants like that. I run lights 12/12 too to stop too much growth. My larger plants were started early January. I hear you about the weather. I hope it's better this year. I don't know how I managed what I did in 2009 given our horrid weather!

Milkworkman, thanks. I love salad greens and other stuff. Too early yet to plant out in MI. First to second week of May most likely. I hate our climate here. It's not good for someone like me who loves gardening! :)

Chris

It's getting crazy in the basement. 300+ pepper plants. Most years, some are runts and I cull them. THis year things have went well so far. I'm very happy. That said, we'll probably have a tornado in August or something. lol. I don't have room for 300 plants though. A small part of me wonders if I should try selling a few plants. :) I've never been into that, but maybe a few to recoup lighting and soil expense. I have a good friend with a 100' x 100'+ garden. I always can borrow some of his area too. I grow him lots of exotic melons/pumpkins and other stuff just for fun. Come harvest time, I'm there. :)

Chris

Sounds good Chris. I would try and sell some and recoup some costs but also use your friends space. Never know when you might need extra plants.

Very cool grow list. You definately have your hands, basement, backyard and possibly a parking lot full ;) 300+ plants...I can't even imagine all the work that goes into that. As someone said earlier: thats a full time job. Best of luck to you this grow season. I lived most of my life in MI so I know what you mean about the weather...can be very unpredictable at times :rolleyes:

Been waiting for this update for what seems like forever. All that luscious green growth, beautiful.

Chris, do you use any nutes at this you tender stage?

Back