• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

CMPMAN1974's 2010 Growing Log

Well, I created a different thread, but I can't find it. It was in the wrong section anyways so I'm starting over.

The season is on. Here's a peek into early activity. It's no AJ set-up, but....

P1080622.jpg

P1080623.jpg

P1080629.jpg

P1080630.jpg

Wow. Looks like your yard will be quite sustainable. Ah, to have a yard. With the costs of setting up multiple raised beds, if your goal is to be sustainable (as far as greens go), have you found it to be cost effective or will it meet it costs after a season or two?

ooo, fresh greens. One day I will have a yard I can grow greens in. Sounds much better than grass.

I am so in awe. I have 15 pepper plants and i'm hoping I can keep up with those!

People still grow rhubarb? Well I'll be. Neighbors always grew it where I grew up. Man can I remember the sour.

I love fresh horseradish! Hate chopping and grinding it up but I love it when I'm done.

You got enough yard for all of that?

This weekend is plant-out time! Weather looks gorgeous for next 7 days. I'm looking forward to FINALLY getting these in the ground after all this effort! :) Putting some tomatoes and eggplant in the garden too. lol.

Chris

Beds looking great Chris. Plants too for that matter. How many beds do you have back there?

I hope you have a great season!
jacob

Nice plants. I have only just started planting stuff a little over a month ago. I wish I had plants like yours. =D

100 plants in the ground this morning! I'm wearing out. I've got 8-9 raised beds and other planting area around a patio and pots. My next venture is to clip off some of my buddy's 100' x 100'+ garden! :) I'm speculating though. I'm hoping some temptation in the form of rare seedlings will win him over!

Chris

Now I understand--you're keeping up with the Jones' next door! Can't allow anyone in the 'hood to grow a bigger, better garden. Good luck talking 'em into sharing some space Chris. If he likes heat you're in. If not then win him over with the promise of some fresh rhubarb pie.

holy shnikees you have been busy chriss helll yeaa!
I like crosses to chris. all an adventure to me. can't wait to see more updates! BTW yellowCardi is doing great

Back