• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

CMPMAN1974's 2011 Growing Log - Started 1/29/11

Well, I finally got motivated and dropped some seeds in my 162 count plug tray this afternoon. Filled up 100 of the spaces. It's always so hard to narrow anything down. I've got the seed tray on a heating mat calibrated to 86 degrees. Sowing so many individual varieties is always one huge chore. I kind of envy people like AJ planting 100 of the same variety.

I sowed a lot of C. chinenses, some wild bird types, and wild praetermissums and a few other wild species. There is nothing very common on this years' list. lol. :) Tons of strange super hot cross attempts from people. At least I've got a solid system now as far as spreadsheets and tracking.

I wish I had acres to grow all I want. I could really get carried away!

I'll start the Annuums and Baccatums in early March. I'm cutting way, way back on Rocotos. I struggled last year to get them to produce (well ripen) on time. I'm not a quitter by any means though. :)

I will be pretty much growing 100% in the ground this season. I don't feel like spending money on soil this year. I built three more 4' x 12' raised beds last Fall to add some growing space. I should be fine.

Chris

That is a good sized tomato next to the Trinidad Scorpion Morouga Blend Yellow - AISPES. What monsters! it's no cherry tomato I assure you.

Chris

P1090588.jpg

P1090587.jpg

P1090593.jpg

Thanks. So far most of these Pimenta Elisa spin offs do not have super hot heat. One did, but not that strain. Still pretty hot. The beauty of the pod is enough for me. Nothing like it.

The Maldivian Heart has a story, but I'm not the one who knows it well. There's a member on another forum (Pepperfriends.com) from AISPES that knows all about it. Apparently, I was the only one lucky enough to germinate it this year out of many. :) I think he sent seeds to several around the world. It's a nice plant. I'm looking forward to taste testing the next pod.

Chris

Pimenta Chris is an amazing photo. It looks like molten lava. Is the flavor like fire too? Maldivian Heat is a real beauty too.

I am able to trade seeds of most later in the season. Can't keep up with it all right now which I'm sure many understand. Some varieties from AISPES and a few others I'm not able to per the sender's request. Nothing personal. I always share when I can, but I try to respect the wishes of individual/organization kind enough to share something unique with me. :)

Bell x Bhut did not taste like much. Slight hint of heat..bell flavor. Very weird honestly. If it would have had more heat, it would have been a winner for me. None of the Bhut flavor was captured unfortunately.

Chris

What they said. Nicely done, Chris. Trading seeds from any of these varieties? How does the bell x bhut taste?

Chris, once again....... you've displayed some beautiful pods thru your artistic photography!...well appreciated!

I just experienced some serious pain taste testing. I need a break. My stomach hurts. These varieties are just off the charts hot.

Vladan, Armageddon is deadly hot as you can tell from the interior. BIG smacking heat right upon initial bite. Lingering burn. For me, the 7 Pot Chiguanas #2 was amazingly hot. Hurt me bad. Pods are enormous too. Smokemaster asked me to reproduce seed. lol. He didn't tell me he was trying to knock me out. :) In my unprofessional opinion, the NOT Black Naga from my '10 seed is the hottest. Pods are really bumpy. I don't know what it crossed with, but it's a really nice one.

P1090601.jpg

P1090610.jpg

P1090602.jpg

P1090598.jpg

I was instructed not to give away seed of TS Morouga x Bhut as it was produced by 'Fatalii' in Finland. He was thinking world record holder before. I begged and begged for the seed. lol. He made it clear no release yet. I'm sorry. If you can get his permission, then....

P1090595.jpg

P1090609.jpg

P1090603.jpg

That is a good news that "Armaggedon"-Vladan.S is very hot, the color & interior look cool hope lot of people going to like my cross.Also you my friend have some nice new variety ,hope my pods ripe faster,I made bunch new crosses this year hope they are going to be hot as hell like "Armaggedon-Vladan.S.Next year I will start germinating lot of my crosses, some of the crosses I never try yet that going to change next year. :)

The "Armaggedon"-Vladan has got to be the most brutal looking pepper I've ever seen. Down right ugly! It looks like something that would be used to guard a junkyard. Just downright freaking scary ugly. I LOVE IT! Look at the way the oil is pooling at the bottom of the pod. Wow! Vladan you should be extremely proud! You guys ever have a spare seed I would love to grow that monster.

Chris aren't the AISPES TS Morouga Yellow's about the biggest pods you've ever come across for something with that kind of heat? Crazy big! I'm happy to say the plant I have under the tulle is filling up with pods. Huge, HUGE pods.

Great pictures as always, thanks.

The "Armaggedon"-Vladan has got to be the most brutal looking pepper I've ever seen. Down right ugly! It looks like something that would be used to guard a junkyard. Just downright freaking scary ugly. I LOVE IT! Look at the way the oil is pooling at the bottom of the pod. Wow! Vladan you should be extremely proud! You guys ever have a spare seed I would love to grow that monster.

Chris aren't the AISPES TS Morouga Yellow's about the biggest pods you've ever come across for something with that kind of heat? Crazy big! I'm happy to say the plant I have under the tulle is filling up with pods. Huge, HUGE pods.

Great pictures as always, thanks.

Thank you for the compliment my friend.I give my good friend Chris the seeds of "Armaggedon" I made cross last year but I was moving in another house so I did'n start the seeds this year Chris did but if up to Chris if he want to spread the seeds, I have no problem with that. :)

Vladan, all of your crosses are VERY interesting. I have more growing and I love the looks of them all so far. No others ripened yet. One is turning an interesting mustard color so far! Not sure where it will end up.

I did want to make sure you were OK with me sending your crosses out as you produced them. Feel free to PM me about that issue, but it sounds like you're OK with this one. :) Patrick I'll remember.

I agree the TS Morouga Yellow AISPES is huge. It's the 2nd largest C. chinense I've seen. Remember the rare pod Beaglestorm mentioned that requires misters and 3,000 ft altitude to grow from Trinidad? While a made up story, it actually is partly true. LMAO. I've got a pod that is 50% larger than those TS Morouga Yellows from T&T. Just waiting to see if it ever turns color. I swear it never moves.

The Purple Bhut ripens ridiculously slow too. it's like molasses.

Chris

I love this time of year when you start posting all your new photos. I usually hit up your photobucket account during the winter. A nice pick me up during the depressing, cold months.

Back