coffee-tea Coffee

I just finished a bag of beans that a mate brought me back from Vietnam.

I have no idea what they were, neither does he. All I know is they were very dark beans possibly due to a long roast and had the most amazing caramel and vanilla after taste you could imagine. If you added milk, the color was more reminiscent of hot chocolate.

Shorerider said:
I just finished a bag of beans that a mate brought me back from Vietnam.

I have no idea what they were, neither does he. All I know is they were very dark beans possibly due to a long roast and had the most amazing caramel and vanilla after taste you could imagine. If you added milk, the color was more reminiscent of hot chocolate.
WoW that does sounds nice!

All Winter i've been putting together a "Hot Spiced Chia Latte' recipe, lots of experamenting with different spices and quantities....i reckon i've just about nailed it ! Nothing like a spicy hot chia latte on a cold winters night.I'll post recipe and picts soon.

Roasted some Dominican this morning, well worth roasting your own if you like good Coffee :)

Z8mNDnw.jpg

dragonsfire said:
Roasted some Dominican this morning, well worth roasting your own if you like good Coffee :)

Z8mNDnw.jpg
I bet your house smelt awesome this A.M.

What are you using to roast with?...300grams ?

dragonsfire said:
Vietnam has Robusta beans compared to other countries that use Arabica. Has almost twice the caffeine.

A friend who owned a Chinese restaurant had an employee who who would bring back coffee from Vietnam. I would swear there was more than caffeine in that coffee.

I heard back from friends and was told whenever they brought back coffee the customs "Confiscated" the coffee ????
E-mailed company to see how much shipping for 4 lb of beans. Here Kona is $60/lb cdn. Over their its $27 us/lb, but shipping has made most things useless to buy.

I used to have whole bean Blue Mountain brought back to the US every time friends went to Jamaica. Not sure if was bought at a "duty free" tourist trap or not. All i know is it rocked and worth every penny.

10oz of Parry Estate Reserve whole bean is well over $20 here so your 4lb price isnt all that bad. 1.5lb is well over $40 before shipping. Good Kona is the closest thing to Blue Mountain ive tasted. I like the beans roasted just slightly darker than blonde. Just under a medium roast.

I like darker roasts but mostly with other beans like Sumatra, Colombian or Kenyan. Good Sumatra with a shot of cream is really nice.

Looking forward to them, hope its worth it. Yup anything over brown ruins the taste of the bean, most people are used to black beans since thats how the industry maintains consistency flavour by burning the beans.

Back