seed-train Coheed's 2014 and Beyond Seed Train ***NOW ACCEPTING MEMBERS FOR ROUND 3***

Nigel said:
Vincent has asked me to tell everyone that he is moving house right now and has no internet connection. He has the seed box and will send it out as soon as he can, but it might be a week or so because of his situation.
He will compile a list and send it out in a few days.
Thanks for the info Nigel.

HP22BH said:
All of this cross talk is getting really confusing.
I heard all aboard, but I haven't heard a train whistle. Sounds like the seed box is moving. Is that still from # 2 or has #3 rolled out of the station???
I hope you`ll give Vincent a little leeway in this case. I`m sure he would appologise if he were online, but please let me appologise for him. Moving house has been the least of his family issues lately. 

Nigel said:
I hope you`ll give Vincent a little leeway in this case. I`m sure he would appologise if he were online, but please let me appologise for him. Moving house has been the least of his family issues lately. 
I am gong to go out on a limb here based on where the conversation is heading and without checking the bios. I don't know who Vincent is. Now, I take it that Vincent is Coheed 196?  If that's the case, then all makes more sense and no apologies are necessary. I never made the connection.

HP22BH said:
I am gong to go out on a limb here based on where the conversation is heading and without checking the bios. I don't know who Vincent is. Now, I take it that Vincent is Coheed 196?  If that's the case, then all makes more sense and no apologies are necessary. I never made the connection.
Sorry for not explaining better. Yes you have it spot on. 

coheed196 said:
Yes sir they did. Glad you said something, otherwise I probably would've forgotten to put them in the box.
1.XLNT
2.Geonerd
3.Ikeepfish
4.Smitty
5.Pash
6.Fiogga
7.Helldozer
8. MeatHead1313
9. HP22BH
Oh I'm just seeing this, am I supposed to PM someone?

Also, weird question...where do you guys buy baggies?  I'm kind of nervous asking a clerk about them after going around and spending all this money on hydroponic equipment, perlite, bat guano, digital food scale, epsom salt, etc. ;)  And my search history.  Would they have them at like a Walgreens or something?  Normally I just send them in small manila coin envelopes but I ran out after sending a lot of seeds a few months ago, having a hard time finding those too

ikeepfish said:

Also, weird question...where do you guys buy baggies?  I'm kind of nervous asking a clerk about them after going around and spending all this money on hydroponic equipment, perlite, bat guano, digital food scale, epsom salt, etc. ;)  And my search history.  Would they have them at like a Walgreens or something?  Normally I just send them in small manila coin envelopes but I ran out after sending a lot of seeds a few months ago, having a hard time finding those too
Walmart has em in the craft aisle. I think 100 costs $1

ikeepfish said:

Amazon carries them too.  

ikeepfish said:

http://www.amazon.com/1000-Zipper-Resealable-Plastic-Shipping/dp/B000OVNN5O/ref=sr_1_7?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1402412956&sr=1-7&keywords=1000+plastic+bag

I buy my coin envelopes at Staples or Office Depot, and my baggies on Ebay the size is 55 x70mm with a .003 thickness

Martin
XLNT said:
I buy my coin envelopes at Staples or Office Depot, and my baggies on Ebay the size is 55 x70mm with a .003 thickness

Martin

The baggies I like the best have a "White Block" to write on and zip close and are thick.  55 X 70 mm is AKA 2in X 3in  Similar to these.  
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200-WHITE-BLOCK-ZIPLOCK-BAGS-2-x3-WHITE-STRIPE-WRITEABLE-2MIL-BAGGIES-2x3-SMALL-/190833259507?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6e8c73f3

Just a word of caution on the baggies, check the thickness- the thin ones suck.

Like a lot of other people I store my seeds in trading card sleeves inside a large 3 ring notebook similar to these http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-TRADING-Ultra-Storage-PRO-CARDS-SLEEVES-PAGES-9-POCKETS-BCW-/190654970155?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c63ebf92b  So both the Baggies and the Coin Envelopes fit nicely in the binder.

Full disclosure-  these are not my ad's but the prices seem fair.

Martin

ikeepfish said:

Coheed 196 will sort it out once he`s online again.

In this specific case, ebay is your friend. For either manila coin envelopes or small ziplock baggies.

jewelry-baggies.jpg

Look for these at Walmart, crafts section. They will be next to the beads and jewlery making supplies. $1 for 100 and they have a couple sizes that are good for seeds. At craft stores, the same bags are up to $3.

If you have any bead shops in your area, check there, as they normally carry these in bulk and have several different sizes to pick from.  When with my wife to a bead store one time and thought I found the motherload of small baggies.  Some have the white square for writing on, and some don't.
I would like to join this round as well.  I got many seeds from the pods I grew from a previous train, so I have plenty to add to the box when it comes.

Back