• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Colors from your garden - a colorful thread

Please post the photos of all those colors you find in your garden.
Could be flowers, veggies,fruits, peppers or foliage

Could be anything... post away those colorful pictures.
I will keep posting them regularly.

6PFi8fD.jpg

Great stuff! Being in the subtropics, TheGreenMan, do you continually have bug-battles? I love those colors! I can picture Pitcher plants around those. But what do I know? ‍♂️ Lol

I snapped this lone daffodil yesterday. Then I noticed about ten more today...phone not on me, of course.
PjHyjxH.jpg

Nice, Andrew! I hope you'll have lots of purple again this year in the pepper garden. That bee-on-Pube pic made me think of this one I took last year while passing by a neighbor's house.
fSjsckl.jpg

Bhuter said:
Great stuff! Being in the subtropics, TheGreenMan, do you continually have bug-battles? I love those colors! I can picture Pitcher plants around those. But what do I know? [emoji2371] Lol
Oh yeah, neverending whiteflies, mealybugs, scales, thrips, aphids, and mites. It's a constant battle.

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
some of our Daylillies
honeybee on a pubescens flower

Awesome GIP. Let me see if I can catch a bee in action this year.

Bhuter said:
Great stuff! Being in the subtropics, TheGreenMan, do you continually have bug-battles? I love those colors! I can picture Pitcher plants around those. But what do I know? ‍♂️ Lol

I snapped this lone daffodil yesterday. Then I noticed about ten more today...phone not on me, of course.

Nice, Andrew! I hope you'll have lots of purple again this year in the pepper garden. That bee-on-Pube pic made me think of this one I took last year while passing by a neighbor's house.

Lovely pictures Bhuter. Those flowers are 2 of my son's favorites.

Bhuter said:
I love that color! It pinkish, but it's really close to the color I really like..."coral". Like a pastel orange or light salmon. Beautiful!
 like this color ? 
WFZOMb8.jpg

saiias said:
Hibiscus

as5DeFK.jpg
cool  :cool:   this is our 'Hardy Hibiscus'  only one i have been able to keep alive in a protected heavily mulched corner of our zone 4 garden
B3ya735.jpg

and a couple more daylily pics
H70RAO0.jpg

NdIukpV.jpg

ANg9jyw.jpg

i've got soo many more flower pics from our garden, i'll drop more here as i find them on my phone, or wife's phone, or other computer  :D

i think Swamp mallow (Hibiscus moscheutos), also known as rose mallow hibiscus or swamp hibiscus, a shrubby, moisture loving plant in the hibiscus family, is the hardier Hibiscus

and
Hibiscus rosa-sinensis, known colloquially as Chinese hibiscus, China rose, Hawaiian hibiscus, rose mallow and shoeblackplant, is a species of tropical hibiscus, a flowering plant in the Hibisceae tribe of the family Malvaceae  is the more tropical hibiscus 

i just googled that up real quick
all I knew was that most of the hibiscus won't survive this far north.  :mope:

The salmon colored flower is a lily 'Lilium' not a daylily 'Hemerocallis' (bulbs, not fans) 

found a pic of the Tulips  :D

UEH6nDf.jpg

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
like this color ? 
WFZOMb8.jpg

cool  :cool:   this is our 'Hardy Hibiscus'  only one i have been able to keep alive in a protected heavily mulched corner of our zone 4 garden
B3ya735.jpg
Yes! Exactly! LOVE IT!!! Thanks for the name, too!

skullbiker said:
One of my artichokes left to flower last season.

attachicon.gif
40E1988D-3725-46D9-81D1-349B9A5F6467.jpeg
Wow! I've never seen an artichoke flower before. Beautiful!!! Spiky, like the fruit (?) pod(?). Lol

Back