• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Colors from your garden - a colorful thread

Bhuter said:
Very nice, Nancy & Kevin! Colorful!

Kevin: Is that 3rd picture down a Bleeding Heart...or Fuchsia...not sure if those are the same or not. Lovely!

You painted that amazing flower specimen, right Nancy? [emoji1939] Holy makerel...unbelievable colors!!! Huge, and uber bright! Fabuloso!

Ran around the yard taking pics of itty bitty flowers hiding in the grass.

9Vk2bBn.jpg

0HSa2lm.jpg

qCjXP4d.jpg

Some past friends! Old pics. The spider on the bottom right is chowin' on an aphid.
wEMUX9a.jpg

Various Capsicum Flowers
5lsRvHa.jpg

I have a lot of mushroom pictures as well. Would anybody be interested in seeing those? Don't be afraid to speak up or say no.
I think some of those are blue eyes grass, and or Rainlilies

For years, we've had a jungle in the side yard. Only about 4 feet wide, but the entire length of the property line. Walnut trees, oak trees, & various other "weed trees", with numerous vining plants that have them all in bondage. While walking past it yesterday, I noticed flower petals on the ground that I had never seen before...within the jungle. I asked GIP if he had any clue as to what it was, and he immediately had an answer....and one that seemed to be accurate.

Catalpa bignonioides
johmAoj.jpg

I live up north. This is a southern tree. But I guess it doesn't care about climate. Lol

Bhuter said:
For years, we've had a jungle in the side yard. Only about 4 feet wide, but the entire length of the property line. Walnut trees, oak trees, & various other "weed trees", with numerous vining plants that have them all in bondage. While walking past it yesterday, I noticed flower petals on the ground that I had never seen before...within the jungle. I asked GIP if he had any clue as to what it was, and he immediately had an answer....and one that seemed to be accurate.

Catalpa bignonioides
johmAoj.jpg

I live up north. This is a southern tree. But I guess it doesn't care about climate. Lol
i live in the northeast and there is one of these trees next to the parking lot where i work. the flowers are beautiful and very fragrant when in bloom but the tree really makes a mess. there are long beans that are about a foot long that drop when they dry up. they drop after the flowers drop. finally the leaves drop in the fall so 3 times during the growing season it sheds a lot and i learned not to park under it. 

Back