• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Colors from your garden - a colorful thread

Cross-post from my Growing Other....

20190424_152200.jpg

nmlarson said:
Yeah, it's crazy, right? It's a passion flower vine and is supposed to grow up to 15' so it should put on quite a show. A plus is the passion fruit it bears!
Heck yeah! Just amazing! I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled for one of those. You're a little further south than I am, but our seasons should be similar. What a great variety!

nmlarson said:
Plus, I bought it not knowing about the fruit. All I can think about now is what kind of hot sauce it would play well with!
Oh, dude!!! I didn't even think about hot sauce!!! I was only thinking of ways to incorporate passion fruit into some dishes as a raw fruit. Man... that WOULD be good!!! Was that a greenhouse/nursery buy? Scrum-diddly!

Bhuter said:
Oh, dude!!! I didn't even think about hot sauce!!! I was only thinking of ways to incorporate passion fruit into some dishes as a raw fruit. Man... that WOULD be good!!! Was that a greenhouse/nursery buy? Scrum-diddly!
I think the correct term is dudette. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Bhuter said:
Don't worry about the "Dude." LOL

Yep, greenhouse. A little Mennonite place down the road from my Mother's in eastern Lancaster County.

A friend had given me some seeds last fall.

I'd put them in a baggie with a coffee filter on the 4th of this month and wasn't seeing any action, so I bought the one I posted, along with a red one, "Lady Margaret."

20190425_192044.jpg

Soooooooooooooo, guess what I find this morning when I went to toss the baggie?

Right. Two of the seeds had popped. So, looks like I will have a couple of vines, if the two I planted today survive. Ha! And, these look a bit different from the ones I bought. These have kinky whiskers. The one I bought doesn't.

nmlarson said:
Don't worry about the "Dude." LOL

Yep, greenhouse. A little Mennonite place down the road from my Mother's in eastern Lancaster County.

A friend had given me some seeds last fall.

I'd put them in a baggie with a coffee filter on the 4th of this month and wasn't seeing any action, so I bought the one I posted, along with a red one, "Lady Margaret."

attachicon.gif
20190425_192044.jpg

Soooooooooooooo, guess what I find this morning when I went to toss the baggie?

Right. Two of the seeds had popped. So, looks like I will have a couple of vines, if the two I planted today survive. Ha! And, these look a bit different from the ones I bought. These have kinky whiskers. The one I bought doesn't.
Awesome! Yes, I see the whiskers. Do you know if they're slow growing? I'm just wondering if your seeds will fruit the first year, how old your plant is...AND are they annual or perennial?

Sorry for all the questions. I guess I could look that up myself. Lol

Bhuter said:
Awesome! Yes, I see the whiskers. Do you know if they're slow growing? I'm just wondering if your seeds will fruit the first year, how old your plant is...AND are they annual or perennial?

Sorry for all the questions. I guess I could look that up myself. Lol
This is my first time growing it, so you probably know as much as I do, at this point. However, here's the rear of the seed pack, which shows bloom in 50-80 days. I DO know there are many varieties throughout a number of growing zones.

20190426_114627.jpg

Back