• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Completely Random Comments

We have at least 30 sushi places within 20mins and our melting pot is 30mins away. Not to mention countless Thai and pho places really close. I like living here :) we also have this frozen custard place that totally kicks a$$ that's like 5mins away. Good lord guys making me hungry!

Hey Megs - Sum taught me that if you double post.....it just tags along with your previous post....without the "edit" thing....and it kinda makes ya look ga-genius and insightful! Well, that's how I saw it anyway! haha

Where was I...oh damn you all and your sushi....

tumblr_ljcyybpEWI1qdsk77o1_400.gif

I got 12 more years of pee tests....It's really not a big deal. I failed my first one to get in, had to wait 6 months to re-test and go through this whole process to get a "Drug Waiver". I was a fat kid so I guess the herbs stuck to my guts a little longer than most. But it has been 8 years and haven't even really thought about it. It is funny though, when I tell someone that I grow peppers they are like....riiiiiight.....

My reply is I am for real, it is great practice for when I retire. Then it is GAME ON!

Yeah - I went through something similar - studied horticulture in Humboldt Co, & worked on an organic farm there...then went to Holland to do an internship 10 mi south of Amsterdam.

Came back & on job interviews I caught a lot of grief. "oh - I see you farmed in Humboldt - what exactly were you growing (wink wink)"
Me: vegetables, mostly.

"and then you worked in greenhouses near Amsterdam huh? What'd you grow theeeere?"
Me: Roses, saintpaulias and lillies.

Gah. It was not cool.

Sure I grew weed in college - just not professionally, and I resented the implication.
:D

i get the same thing when i tell people i have hydro peppers at home, they say " yeah right, "peppers"" as i cannot drink alcohol i substitute it with my chocolate from time to time and after a hard days work a few "beers" takes off the edge! i cannot wait for my ripe peppers!

Back