• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Compmodder26's 2012 Grow Log - New Video Update

So I just finalized my grow list for 2012, aka my first attempt at growing peppers. I'm starting out relatively small for my first time, although it has been tough trying to narrow them down thanks to Jamie (romy6) and his extreme generosity. But at any rate here is what I plan to grow:

Red Bhut Jolokia - 1
7 Pot Jonah - 1
Naga Morich - 2
Brain Strain - 2
TS Butch T - 2
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia - 1
Yellow Fatalii - 1

So that's a total of 10 plants and 7 varieties. I'll be starting at the first of the year.

Wish me luck!

Edit: Hehe, I just posted this and I'm already changing it up. I decided that since I'm growing 2 naga morich, they are supposed to be similar to bhuts so I dropped 1 red bhut and added 1 7 pot jonah

Just decided to go count how many pods were on my two naga morich plants. Whew, if I can get half of the pods from them to be mold free I will be VERY happy. On the oldest plant I have 109 pods and on the youngest I have 88. So 197 pods total. :woohoo:

I haven't counted the pods on the other plants, but they don't compare to the Naga Morich plants (well the Not Yellow Fatalii may rival them).

Dang man! That's a lot of pods! She's a BBW and her sister is too! Glad to hear your mold issue is dying down. It's like you take care of one problem just in time to start on another...I tried to watch you video but there was no volume for some reason. Lovin' the harvests. Can't wait until mine start ripening more than one at a time.

Here's a review of that big 7 Pot Jonah I teased about in the Butch T review:

Loved the review. As I do with all your reviews. You should have seen me going "Whoowwwww" when you popped that pepper. Then you chewed through all that heat... OMG Jaime sent me a Barrackpore and I ate a sliver and was about to pass out. I have no idea how you do it. I want to be like you when I grow up. Keep up the reviews and Love the Glog.

Dang man! That's a lot of pods! She's a BBW and her sister is too! Glad to hear your mold issue is dying down. It's like you take care of one problem just in time to start on another...I tried to watch you video but there was no volume for some reason. Lovin' the harvests. Can't wait until mine start ripening more than one at a time.

Yeah I was surprised when I finshed counting them. They aren't very tall (maybe 2.5 feet), but they are VERY bushy. Hmm... wonder why you couldn't hear anything? Which vid was it?

Loved the review. As I do with all your reviews. You should have seen me going "Whoowwwww" when you popped that pepper. Then you chewed through all that heat... OMG Jaime sent me a Barrackpore and I ate a sliver and was about to pass out. I have no idea how you do it. I want to be like you when I grow up. Keep up the reviews and Love the Glog.

Thanks Pia!

Hey, Brian! Let's hear it for NOT mold :cheers:

Glad things are looking up for you. I wonder if the mold somehow
inhibited the pod growth, hence small pods with the mold? Who
knows? It's just good that the problem pods seems to be declining
in number; so let's not look a gift horse in the mouth!

Growin' success to you, brah!

Hey, Brian! Let's hear it for NOT mold :cheers:

Glad things are looking up for you. I wonder if the mold somehow
inhibited the pod growth, hence small pods with the mold? Who
knows? It's just good that the problem pods seems to be declining
in number; so let's not look a gift horse in the mouth!

Growin' success to you, brah!

Indeed, I'm not questioning it! I'm just happy things are turning around.

Thanks for the well wishes Paul!

Here's today's harvest:

Top Row: 7 Pot Jonah
Bottom Row: Naga Morich. The one on the left has a little conjoined twin.

All were mold free!

P1100488.JPG

Edit: I need to stop using the flash on the camera. The pods are really red, but the flash makes them look orange.

Harvest time:

Top row: Naga Morich (all but largest were molded)
Bottom Left: 7 Pot Jonah
Bottom Right: Yellow 7 Pot (I didn't cut open the largest because I plan on reviewing it this weekend, probably tomorrow)

P1100490.JPG

Nice pods, great review. I'm surpised I really haven't come by your glog at all. I'll be following now.

Another harvest pic.

Top Left: Butch T x2.
Top Right: 7 Pot Jonah x4
Bottom Left: Naga Morich x1
Bottom Right: Yellow 7 Pot x3

P1100517.png

I cut open the Naga Morich and 7 Pot Jonahs and they were mold free. I haven't cut the others though, but I suspect they will be mold free as well since the latest pods I've picked off of those plants have not been molded.

And it is almost time for me to make some sauce!! Can't wait.

Naga Morich pods for sauce:
P1100518.png

7 Pot Jonahs for sauce:
P1100519.png

I've still got about 12 Yellow Brainstrains in the freezer so I think I'll combine them with the Jonahs and make a sauce out of them. Planning to do so sometime this week.

A lot to update on today. First, Judy (pepperlover) has shown why she is so well respected, once again. She sent me a great assortment of pods to do reviews on. I cannot say enough good things about her.

Here's what she sent me:
Top Row (left to right) - 7 Pot Con
go SR, White 7 Pot, Orange 7 Pot, Red 7 Pot Brainstrain, Yellow 7 Pot Brainstrains, Red Trinidad Moruga Scorpion, Yellow Trinidad Moruga Scorpion
Bottom Row (left to right) - 7 Pot Primo, 7 Pot Douglah, Trinidad Scorpion Butch T, Yellow Fatalii, Yellow Bhut Jolokia, White Bhut Jolokia
P1100521.JPG

I reviewed the Red Moruga Scorpion last night. It ranked right up there with the Butch T that Butch Taylor sent me in heat. However the heat of the Moruga didn't last as long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4paTvnOFVyE

Finally, I got my first ripe Bhut Jolokia today. You can tell it is a first pod as it doesn't quite have the true shape. The other 2 have on the plant are much better looking. But nevertheless, I've finallly got a harvest off that plant.

Top left: 7 Pot Jonah

Top right: Naga Morich

Bottom: Bhut Jolokia

P1100524.JPG

The review master. You are setting the bar high my firend. Looks like your harvest are getting better everytime. Oh and one thing about some bhut's they never seem to have a consistant pod shape :party: And there are so many strains it is :crazy:

The review master. You are setting the bar high my firend. Looks like your harvest are getting better everytime. Oh and one thing about some bhut's they never seem to have a consistant pod shape :party: And there are so many strains it is :crazy:

Danke Jamie! Yep, the harvests are improving quite a bit. Especially since the past few have been completely mold free. You are correct about the bhut's shape variance. But the other two I've got going on have that wonderful gnarly look to them. I'm going to open up and hopefully eat this first bhut with lunch and we'll see what kind of heat and flavor it packs compared to what I'm accustomed to with bhuts.

Lookin great bro, just stumbled upon your vids on the tube. Great job, it is last as if you aren't effected. Beast is probabliy a great word for description.

Congrats on the harvests and fighting the mold battle. They always start slow and then explode out of nowhere.

Lookin great bro, just stumbled upon your vids on the tube. Great job, it is last as if you aren't effected. Beast is probabliy a great word for description.

Congrats on the harvests and fighting the mold battle. They always start slow and then explode out of nowhere.

Thanks a lot Matt! Believe me, I'm affected. Don't let me fool you. I always enjoy watching your vids on here too and I never think to subscribe on youtube. Well that's just changed, you've got another subscriber my friend.

Finished my review for Day 2 of my pepper reviews of the pods from pepperlover.com. This review was of the Red 7 Pot Brainstrain

http://youtu.be/_BfIfo0PKh8

great review I am so surprised you did not think that pepper was hotter than that. Your tolerance lever is through the roof.. Great job

Back