• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Compmodder26's 2012 Grow Log - New Video Update

So I just finalized my grow list for 2012, aka my first attempt at growing peppers. I'm starting out relatively small for my first time, although it has been tough trying to narrow them down thanks to Jamie (romy6) and his extreme generosity. But at any rate here is what I plan to grow:

Red Bhut Jolokia - 1
7 Pot Jonah - 1
Naga Morich - 2
Brain Strain - 2
TS Butch T - 2
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia - 1
Yellow Fatalii - 1

So that's a total of 10 plants and 7 varieties. I'll be starting at the first of the year.

Wish me luck!

Edit: Hehe, I just posted this and I'm already changing it up. I decided that since I'm growing 2 naga morich, they are supposed to be similar to bhuts so I dropped 1 red bhut and added 1 7 pot jonah

Good luck with this, Brian. I'm sure there will be pods comin' your
way if all your plants bite the dust mold. Hope you are finding the
Bonide will solve the problem, and that most plants escape unharmed.

We'll be sendin' good thoughts your way, bro :pray:

Thanks for holdin' the spot, Shane.

Man I hope you get this nailed down...have you hit up Guru? Maybe pull them a little early??? I dunno man, once you get your ph tested hopefully you have a clear direction??? Keep us posted brotha! If you continue to have issues I got no problem sending a few pods your way so you can get some sauce together. I know its not the same when they aren't your pods though...

Thanks Shane. Haven't talked to Guru yet. I'm going to see what the PH is like first. I appreciate the pod offer. I'll let you know if I need any. I'm hoping that I can get this knocked out soon. Hopefully the theory on spores being present on the flowers is accurate and the Bonide will have taken care of that. There's still plenty of time for new pods to form and give me a good mold free harvest in the next couple of months. Just sucks that the existing pods will most likely have about a 60 - 70% mold rate.

Good luck with this, Brian. I'm sure there will be pods comin' your
way if all your plants bite the dust mold. Hope you are finding the
Bonide will solve the problem, and that most plants escape unharmed.

We'll be sendin' good thoughts your way, bro :pray:

Thanks for holdin' the spot, Shane.

I appreciate it Paul. Hopefully this gets resolved soon and I won't have to rely on generosity and/or pay for pods. But if that has to happen, I will be very grateful to everyone who can hook a brotha up. I appreciate the well wishes!

I reviewed another Butch T tonight. This time I had sound working. Check it out:
http://youtu.be/kA4ls_uQOJ4

Great review Brian...very composed in spite of the terrible pain I know you were in! Could hardly even tell you ate a super! The only hint that you were on the pain train was toward the end it seemed you were having a hard time concentrating on the review. Amazing you can do that. My body goes through an all out revolt when I eat a really good one. My brain is still able for formulate complete thoughts, I just have no way to get them out through the hiccups. Great looking pod too...picture perfect. Try to find the half full glasses if you know what I mean man. Its been real hard for me to stay positive over here too with all my issues. I've had a couple mornings when I went out only to find new sick ones everywhere that made me want to just pull them all and call it a season, but then I take a closer look around and realize I still have a lot of really cool stuff going on out there.

Great review Brian...very composed in spite of the terrible pain I know you were in! Could hardly even tell you ate a super! The only hint that you were on the pain train was toward the end it seemed you were having a hard time concentrating on the review. Amazing you can do that. My body goes through an all out revolt when I eat a really good one. My brain is still able for formulate complete thoughts, I just have no way to get them out through the hiccups. Great looking pod too...picture perfect. Try to find the half full glasses if you know what I mean man. Its been real hard for me to stay positive over here too with all my issues. I've had a couple mornings when I went out only to find new sick ones everywhere that made me want to just pull them all and call it a season, but then I take a closer look around and realize I still have a lot of really cool stuff going on out there.

Thanks for the kind words Shane. Yeah, that pod really put a hurting on the whole bottom half of my mouth. I really am trying to keep an optimistic attitude through this. Like you said, it does get hard. But I keep telling myself that each good pod I get is one more pod than I would have had if I hadn't started this hobby. Thanks for watching!

Here's a small harvest from this morning. Only 2/5 were moldy (both Naga Moriches) so, looking on the bright side of things, this time the majority of the pods were mold free! :)

Top row: 7 Pot Jonah, Butch T, Not Yellow Fatalii. Bottom Row: Naga Morich
P1100441.JPG

I could pretty much tell that the Naga Morich on the left would be bad from the wound site at the bottom. That was indeed the only moldy spot. Suppose I could have just kept the top half but I didn't want to chance it.

Another small harvest.

Top row: Butch T, Butch T, Not Yellow Fatalii. Bottom Row: 7 Pot Jonah, 7 Pot Jonah, Red Bell

P1100451.JPG

The smallest Jonah was molded, but the larger was fine. Haven't cut the others open. I went ahead and picked the bell because it was getting soft on one side (you can see it a bit in the pic) despite not being fully ripe. We'll see what condition the inside is when I cut it open.

Edit: The other's were fine. :woohoo:

Had another harvest this morning. All but 2 pods were mold free :woohoo: . Hopefully this will be the norm from now on.

The obvious ones are the bananas and the bell. That bell has a really cool color. I'm not sure if I left it on longer if it would have ripened to bright red, but I went ahead and picked it because I think that color is really cool.

Here's the ids on the rest of them. Top row: 2x Not Yellow Fatalii (smallest one molded). Middle: 2x Naga Morich (smallest one molded). Bottom Left: 2x 7 Pot Jonah (the largest was FULL of placenta and loaded with oil. I bet it is just as hot if not hotter than the one I reviewed. It will be good for a sauce!). Bottom Right: Butch T.

P1100473.JPG

I had the best pizza last night. We went to a local pizza place called "Village Host Pizza" (for all my Lexington Peeps, I recommend you try this place). We had a sausage pizza. The pizza by itself is really good but throwing some of Wayright's "Super Spice Blend" (courtesy of Jamie) and half of a Butch T pod on a slice of it made it absolutely wonderful. Such an excellent flavor and a NICE burn.

Here's a pic of Natalie's Morning Glory. It is really sending out ancillary vines now. To manage them I'm just wrapping them around each other. It makes the plant look really bushy. But it makes it nice to look at as well since the vines will put out flowers at the same time and they get grouped together.

P1100474.JPG

Awesome! Glad your ratios are moving toward the mold free side. I really thought this thing would work itself out in the end and sounds like its doing just that. Fingers crossed, and happy thoughts headed your way for it to continue the trend! :pray: Maybe it was just something weird in the chemistry for the first pods???

Awesome! Glad your ratios are moving toward the mold free side. I really thought this thing would work itself out in the end and sounds like its doing just that. Fingers crossed, and happy thoughts headed your way for it to continue the trend! :pray: Maybe it was just something weird in the chemistry for the first pods???

Yeah I don't know either. But as long as the ratios stay for the good, then I'm happy. Thanks for the happy thoughts!! :)

Great review PJ and milk I need to remember. That awesome that the mold issue is not affecting your harvest as much as before. How the plants doing? What is going to be the next review?

Great review PJ and milk I need to remember. That awesome that the mold issue is not affecting your harvest as much as before. How the plants doing? What is going to be the next review?

Thanks Socal! Hoping that mold trend keeps decreasing. Plants are doing well. They are nice and healthy. For my next review, Hot Pooper is sending me some of his hot sauce and I'll be reviewing that. Not sure about pods yet. I've got a yellow 7 that's getting ripe, but I've not had much success with them being mold free. So hopefully it will be mold free and I'll do a review on it.

Harvested more pods today. Mostly Naga Morich, but also 1 Not Yellow Fatalii. From the pod shape, the Not Yellow Fataliis seem to be VERY similar to the Naga Morich pods. However, the heat is decidedly less than a Naga Morich, so I'm still inclined that to say that they are closer to a Fatalii than anything else. Perhaps they are some type of cross because majority of them don't seem to have a "true" fatalii shape to them. This one, however, is pretty close.

And my mold count continues to decline. Only 2/7 Naga Moriches had mold and the the Not Yellow Fatalii was clean as well. Also the ones that were molded were the smallest pods too. That seems to be the case for the majority of my molded pods.

P1100486.JPG

:dance: Glad the mold count is on the decline brotha! Just out of curiosity was it the two smallish pods on the left that had mold? Just wondering if its sticking more to the small "first" pods?

It was the two on the bottom left. And I like your theory. There have been a small amount of large pods that had the mold, but for the most part it has been the smallest ones. And come to think of it, the large pods that had mold were some of the first to set as well.

Glad the morning glory continues to do well for you! Also, good to see your mold count going down. I'm hoping it's an early season thing for you. I like Shane's theory about the small, first pods. I have had some mold issues this year, but not too much, and it's the smaller first pods. As things have gotten going, the plants straighten out.

Glad the morning glory continues to do well for you! Also, good to see your mold count going down. I'm hoping it's an early season thing for you. I like Shane's theory about the small, first pods. I have had some mold issues this year, but not too much, and it's the smaller first pods. As things have gotten going, the plants straighten out.

Yeah the morning glory is growing FAST. I'm hoping too that the worst of the mold issues are behind me. Thanks Andy.

Awesome pods and chili tests bro!!! Keep doing what your doing, we love it!!! :party:

Thanks Jon!

Man I'm loving these daily harvests. And to top it off, only 1 molded pod in this harvest too (smallest Not Yellow Fatalii).

Top Left: Naga Morich
Top Right: 7 Pot Jonah
Bottom Left: Not Yellow Fatalii
Bottom Right: Butch T

P1100487.JPG

Back