• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Contest for First Ripe Pepper

Even though I wont be in the contest I realized something today while chatting with a buddy of mine in town here..His wife has a side buisness breeding skinks,gekkos etc..Now she has a bunch of custom built cages that him and I built..each chamber is heated and has flourescent lighting and another type..In one of the empty chambers im going to start some seeds in there..Too bad I didnt think of that earlier..and I found me a humidifier..
http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/.../?action=view&current=cage2006-02-0520070.jpg

tell me what ya think

Canuk Pepperhead said:
If its ok ill come in as a late contender...I know I wont win but hey its all in fun

Oh who knows, maybe gecko poo will prove to be the perfect Naga fertilizer.

You're welcome to jump right in as far as I'm concerned.

Fine with me for CP to join in.

stillmanz said:
mind you if you win Pablo I'll denie all and have you struck from the record books lol
LOL,its nice to know I can count on you in a jam...thanks

Pam said:
I like Omri.
so do I

How many generations of selective breeding does it take before you have a recognizable new variety?
well I think thats way beyond my education level,
just to guess I think the genotype will remain the same as long as another species is not introduced,
however the phenotype {what we can see in a plant} can be manipulated thru its environment.

Omri said:
Sure, it's all just for fun. :)
Thats right Omri ...so lets have some fun...

Omri said:
I'm so going to kick all your asses...
Replacing all my light setups with Agro lamps. :cool:
well this is where I could really hep ya out ,but since Im in this to win,i'll keep it to myself...lol :onfire:

good luck

pablokia :hell:

pablo said:
well this is where I could really hep ya out ,but since Im in this to win,i'll keep it to myself...lol :onfire:

good luck

pablokia :hell:

Check the original post. Aren't we supposed to share how we are growing the peppers and what techniques we use? This is supposed to be not only a contest for the first ripe pepper but a learning experience too isn't it?

I here what your saying AJ but I can see why Pablo may be a little fired up towards Omri (it's how he totally dismiss anyone else opinion), he's a precocious shite stirrer, that fine hell so am I but you gotta know when to pull back. I know I'm just adding fuel to a fairly big fire but I can see were pablo is comming from.
And hell it s a open forum if omri wants to wind people up (wether he is right or wrong) surely they have a right to respond, I'll go back in my box now.... be gentle Pam lol.

One thing we all have in common is we all love hot peppers or we wouldn't be here.

Being a relatively new pepper gardener, I am open to any and all suggestions that will make my peppers grow better, bigger, faster, and hotter.

This site is exactly what I needed because I can learn from the best. If you think about it, we are chile heads from all over the world, from Alaska, to Israel, to the land down under. This makes us our own nation.

Anybody know the number of countries we have participating in this forum?

Grandpa always said "Don't let your aligator mouth overload your canary ass".....

stillmanz said:
I here what your saying AJ but I can see why Pablo may be a little fired up towards Omri (it's how he totally dismiss anyone else opinion), he's a precocious shite stirrer, that fine hell so am I but you gotta know when to pull back. I know I'm just adding fuel to a fairly big fire but I can see were pablo is comming from.
And hell it s a open forum if omri wants to wind people up (wether he is right or wrong) surely they have a right to respond, I'll go back in my box now.... be gentle Pam lol.
So I guess you don't like me much... too bad, because I like you.
Maybe I am acting a bit rudely, but I don't mean to.

AlabamaJack said:
Being a relatively new pepper gardener, I am open to any and all suggestions that will make my peppers grow better, bigger, faster, and hotter.

Being a pepper gardener of more years than a lady cares to admit to, I am open to any and all suggestions that will make my peppers grow better, bigger, faster, etc...

stillmanz said:

Oh, butch up, you big girl! Just because Omri doesn't use a bunch of weasel words in his posts doesn't mean he's a shit stirrer. All he does is stand his ground in a debate. Honestly, if you think Omri is bad, don't ever go on Usenet. Your brain will explode in the first 15 minutes.

His prose style is spare and terse, and I think you're *interpreting* it as belligerent or dismissive. If I'm not mistaken, English is not his first language, so instead of assuming malice or mischief, consider that the problem might be one of cultural or colloquial interpretation.

Ive decided im doing things myself and not at my buddies house to start..I got kinda of a cool redneck idea for a setup involving an old coffee table a 2x4 cut to size and my flourescent lights with its overpriced lux lights..Hopefully ill have the seeds planted by the end of the night..Just not shure how long you soak them for

4 seeds 2 nagas,bents bab bird,and my mystery cat loving bird plant

POTAWIE said:
Group hug!

Agree with Potawie...peace out

By the way, I started my Naga Blog if anyone is interested. I posted some pics too.

Back