• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Contest for First Ripe Pepper

Omri said:
Yo AJ, when did those Red Savinas sprouted? They look really young. cute, though. :)

I planted them Sunday, 15 Dec, so they are 2 weeks 4 days old from seed.

AlabamaJack said:
I planted them Sunday, 15 Dec, so they are 2 weeks 4 days old from seed.
How long did it take them to sprout? they are so cute.
Now I want to grow some Savinas as well. :oops:

Omri said:
How long did it take them to sprout? they are so cute.
Now I want to grow some Savinas as well. :oops:

Don't know exactly...I left on holiday Saturday 22 dec after I planted them and just got back this past Sunday and they were already up...so somewhere between 7 and 14 days...

heres my setup revised(I do electronics on the side) and have a few dead receviers peeps give me thinking they can get fixed for 20.00 lol I was going to send them for scrap but finally they have use..I lit it up to show for tonight...yes im using peat pods...as for under heat that old coffee table is sitting on top of a vent...plenty of heat there.....Well my experiment..I hope I grow something lol
any advice more than welcome.......

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee292/_Canuk_Pepperhead/?action=view&current=rednecksetup.jpg

AlabamaJack said:
Don't know exactly...I left on holiday Saturday 22 dec after I planted them and just got back this past Sunday and they were already up...so somewhere between 7 and 14 days...
That's cool, hope they'll grow fast. ;)

Canuk Pepperhead said:
heres my setup revised(I do electronics on the side) and have a few dead receviers peeps give me thinking they can get fixed for 20.00 lol I was going to send them for scrap but finally they have use..I lit it up to show for tonight...yes im using peat pods...as for under heat that old coffee table is sitting on top of a vent...plenty of heat there.....Well my experiment..I hope I grow something lol

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee292/_Canuk_Pepperhead/?action=view&current=rednecksetup.jpg

That is so cool......

I just threw a cherry bomb in too for the hell of it..Ive got a tonne of those seeds
im chopping the legs on that table tomorow to bring it closer to the vent(It was garbage anyways pulled from the last tennants that got evicted for my peppers)

I think I started about 9 seeds all in dirt except one which will be hydro... coco run to waste using a wetpot gravity feed to be exact, all will be out doors no lights,we'll see how they go.

Canuk Pepperhead said:
I just threw a cherry bomb in too for the hell of it..Ive got a tonne of those seeds
im chopping the legs on that table tomorow to bring it closer to the vent(It was garbage anyways pulled from the last tennants that got evicted for my peppers)

You evict tenants for your peppers? I'm really impressed, all I did was tear down a couple of sheds and rent a tiller.

Pam said:
You evict tenants for your peppers? I'm really impressed, all I did was tear down a couple of sheds and rent a tiller.
Lol no they were already evicted
I just grabbed an old coffee table they left behind to put my plants on in front of my living room window.

:P heres a snapshot of my newly hatched Nagas. 3.5 days it took for germination of all four (Big POd) Naga seeds, these seeds wouldnt be any older than a month old, these are from seed from my own Home grown Nagas:P

seedlings080151.jpg

Back