• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Contest for First Ripe Pepper

I use the same fish tank germinater set up... I got heaps of old 2 foots and heaters from when I breed tanganykin shell dweller cichlids.
I tell you it works perfect, I was going to set a 3 foot cube upand grow a coco inddors naga but couldn't be bothered... next year.

hello all
not really much to add ,the cuttings have not wilted so thats a good thing and i may have one of the jolokia seedlings emergeing tday,there seems to be a small green seedling popping out.
hopefully more will appear eventually. thats all for now.

keep it green
pablo

nothing as yet with my other seeds, geez those 4 must of been keen to see some daylight:cool:
pablo what method are you using for your cuttings? Ive been doing them in coco, which is working ok (3 weeks good root system) Im now in the process of building my own aeroponic style cloning tank, Ill post pics when its up & running:)

anyone else got a sprout yet?:P

billyboy said:
nothing as yet with my other seeds, geez those 4 must of been keen to see some daylight:cool:
pablo what method are you using for your cuttings? Ive been doing them in coco, which is working ok (3 weeks good root system) Im now in the process of building my own aeroponic style cloning tank, Ill post pics when its up & running:)

No sprouts here yet......:(

Germinated !!! yesterday along w/ Piquins, datils, scoth bonnets, purple tigers, siams, black manaqualana still waiting for fatelli and bhuts ...

under grow lights now till bigger then a bigger setup... I'll take pictures when the Naga grows from the hole in the rock wool. :cheers:

billyboy said:

hi billyboy
lets see, I use 16oz solo cups,poke a hole in the side about 1/2 inch from bottom of cup,fill cup with peralite/vermiculite mix,poke a hole in medium with a pencil,cut trim clones and dip in rooting gel,place in cup and cover with a clear plastic cup for a humidity dome,place on heating mat and wait.
what your useing now,coco is probably one of the best choices for a medium,Im just kinda cheap so i buy bulk peralite and vermiculite...and mix it myself.

pablo

POTAWIE said:
What sort of lighting do you give your cuttings?

Hi POTAWIE
compact fluroescent bulbs, cool white bulbs/tubes do very well for seedlings/cuttings/vegetive small plants.
the ones I have now can be found at wally world ,23 watts each @ 1600 lumens..I use 5 in my small little grow box
so 115 watts at 8000 lumens in an area 36"x 30"x24" . :cool:
these bulbs are cheap and have a life of 10,000 hours .
Id much rather have a 4' 8 bulb T5..
but i dont have that much to spend.

pablo

Ok, and how close are your cuttings to the light? Just wodering how much light is needed in the cloning stage.

POTAWIE said:
Ok, and how close are your cuttings to the light? Just wodering how much light is needed in the cloning stage.

hi POTAWIE
they are about 10-12 inches below the bulbs,I dont think very much light is needed to root plants. more important is the warm temps and high humidity. I think a shop light with good grow bulbs would be fine for cuttings or seedlings.
However ,if you grow alot of seedlings and plant a large garden ,you might consider something brighter.

pablo

YEAAAAAAAA!!!! Two little hooks emerging this morning at 4:30 am.

Looks like I am on my way...

sprouted0011dy9.jpg
[/IMG]

Congrats on the sprout AJ:)

Ive just finished building my very own aeroponic cloning station its small scale (20 litre bucket), fits 7 cuttings its up & running! Ive already taken a few Naga cuttings & they are in it now, its a bit of an experiment, Ive gone 10 liters of rainwater with a few drops of supathrive didnt touch the ph I guess it would be around 7ish didnt use any rooting gel or the likes just stuck em in the cut pool noodle discs, the aero thingy will run 24/7 till good roots appear, & the lighting will be on 16 hours. Looking for quick healthy growth of roots :cool:

Ill post a pic later, its time I get some shut eye:halo:

Back