• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Contest for First Ripe Pepper

Pam said:
For LOSERS who can't grow a decent pepper!

Pam......how many cans can I put you down for?:):lol:

no sign from my little fellas but I'm still quietly confident.
Read: I hate you guys and am making small voodoo dolls of naga plants with certain internet handles attached to stems.
.....whatever it takes lol.

stillmanz said:
no sign from my little fellas but I'm still quietly confident.
Read: I hate you guys and am making small voodoo dolls of naga plants with certain internet handles attached to stems.
.....whatever it takes lol.

I feel you pain. No, no, seriously, I was about to accuse Pepp3rFreak of setting me up with dud seeds. Then there was a glorious moment of a little seedling sighting.

Now I join everyone else in ragging your ass.

OK....first hurdle comes...I have a start of green mold on the top of my seed starting soil...is this going to hurt the seedlings and how do I get rid of the mold?? I may have been overwatering the seedlings....

AlabamaJack said:
OK....first hurdle comes...I have a start of green mold on the top of my seed starting soil...is this going to hurt the seedlings and how do I get rid of the mold?? I may have been overwatering the seedlings....

What! Give Aid and Comfort to the Enemy? Are you mad?

*heavy sigh* oh. Ok.

Dilute chamomile tea, baby powder, and corn meal are all supposed to help. A light spraying with Neem oil will also help.

Pam said:
What! Give Aid and Comfort to the Enemy? Are you mad?

*heavy sigh* oh. Ok.

Dilute chamomile tea, baby powder, and corn meal are all supposed to help. A light spraying with Neem oil will also help.

Thanks Pam...'goes running out the door to walmart or homus depus'

AlabamaJack said:
Thanks Pam...'goes running out the door to walmart or homus depus'

Um, if you're after Neem, be sure you spray lightly. The little seedlings have delicate leaves. Might just spray the soil.

Pam said:
Um, if you're after Neem, be sure you spray lightly. The little seedlings have delicate leaves. Might just spray the soil.

couldn't get neem oil yesterday and forgot about the camomile tea...just went to walmart to get neem oil and they don't have it...I will get it from my local nursery today...in the mean time I just sprinkled some cornmeal on the soil....do you know the mechanics of why the cornmeal works? what does that do ?

AlabamaJack said:
couldn't get neem oil yesterday and forgot about the camomile tea...just went to walmart to get neem oil and they don't have it...I will get it from my local nursery today...in the mean time I just sprinkled some cornmeal on the soil....do you know the mechanics of why the cornmeal works? what does that do ?

No, I've just read several articles about it working. Some people use it on their skin for mystery rashes and the like. I know it's very trendy in green circles to use corn meal to suppress weed growth on your lawn. You put it on in the spring for the weeds, and as it decomposes it adds nitrogen to the soil. I've tried in on my lawn, and it did work, but it was too expensive to get it from the lawn care folks. I never tracked down a feed store or some place that might sell it cheap.

Pam said:
...Some people use it on their skin for mystery rashes and the like.

That is the first time I have ever heard of using cornmeal...my grandmother used to use corn starch on me when I had heat rash under my arms in the summer time...wonder if corn starch would work like corn meal?

I just started another blog with pics for the Naga Contest..

AlabamaJack said:
That is the first time I have ever heard of using cornmeal...my grandmother used to use corn starch on me when I had heat rash under my arms in the summer time...wonder if corn starch would work like corn meal?

I just started another blog with pics for the Naga Contest..

*grumble* You're going to make me look it up, aren't you?

*google, google, google*

Ah ha!

http://www.dirtdoctor.com/view_question.php?id=116

I knew I'd read it somewhere.

Updated Status - 1-15-08 1600 hrs CST (GMT +6)

POTAWIE - got sprouts with pictures - check blog
Pam - got sprouts with peeectures
Omri - got sprouts
Luckydog - got sprouts
Bowhunter - got sprouts
Devil Duck - No word
Trexxen - No word
Canuk Pepperhead - got sprouts with pictures
Billyboy - got sprouts with pictures - check blog
Fisting Mayfield - No Word
Rainbowberry - No word
Pablo - got sprouts
Stillmanz - got sprouts
AlabamaJack - got sprouts with pictures - check blog

DD, Trexxen, Fisting, Rainbow,....any word on sprouts?

AJ yes 1 busted out today and tomorrow goes under the lights. Just to let you know I will be putting them in the dirt.
Dan

LET IT BURN

Back