• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Countdown to Vegas!

Well, the countdown has officially begun. I will be flying to the big dry ditch on Saturday May 1. I am sure many of you have been there and I would like to see and do as much as possible while I am there. So, please pass along anything you feel I must do or see while I am there. I am counting on TB to be my travel guide/bail bondsman, but I will appreciate any other help I can get.

Other than the usual joints, possibly a trip to see and experience the world famous Blues Shitter is in order? I do recommend high on the list, StripBurger, across the street from the Wynn. One place I haven't had opportunity to go to is Big Mama's Soul Food. Another highly recommended. I'll call The Liberace Museum and let them know you're coming.

Hoover Dam is supposed to be a thing to see although I've never -- I think its quite a drive from Vegas though -- How about Carson City as well? and Fto say you've been there Lake Tahoe and grab a giant pinecone and stroll thru Trucky (?) These places are probably to far though?

texas blues said:
Other than the usual joints, possibly a trip to see and experience the world famous Blues Shitter is in order? I do recommend high on the list, StripBurger, across the street from the Wynn. One place I haven't had opportunity to go to is Big Mama's Soul Food. Another highly recommended. I'll call The Liberace Museum and let them know you're coming.

I am scared of the Blues shitter! Oooh the Liberace museum. I'll bring my costume! How far do you live from the strip TB?

meh...Hoover dam ain't all that impressive from the ground. From the air though....WOW! Not actually a whole lot going on here in Vegas. Dine and gamble on the strip or play golf or catch a show. Lots of major concerts. AC/DC earlier this month. They sold out MGM and could have sold out 4 shows! mrs. blues and I are pretty much homebody's and if we weren't here because of our jobs and to make money, I'd drag mrs. blues to Texas.

JayT said:
I am scared of the Blues shitter! Oooh the Liberace museum. I'll bring my costume! How far do you live from the strip TB?

We're in Summerlin close to Red Rock, 'bout 20 minutes from the strip. WTH? Today I had to wear my jacket. Might only get to 60 today. For you amigo, bring your shorts and sandals.

JayT said:
It was in the upper 60's here. I am so anxious. Never been there before.

You'll have fun no worries. Watch out for the prostitutes though....they all carry little purses about the size of a pack of smokes.

For me, Vegas is actually a bit boring. Dry, dusty, and every building is the same.

People in Vegas are probably the nicest I've met in the USA though. Everyone was so friendly. Even the mexican dudes with the naughty pamphlets on the side of the road :)

I'd be hitting the Bellagio...

3600 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109

Give the poker room my regards. (They already have my money)

Actually, we are going to a steakhouse at the Bellagio. Don't plan on doing much gambling. I am saving my money for the bail bondsman after hanging out with TB.

Back