craft beer

haha not a fan of either of those. ;) i'll drink them..but i don't buy them. i like whiskey and rum.

well i was farting around ebay looking at things and came across a pretty cheap set of trois pistoles glasses that also came with 100 unibroue coasters. got them in the mail today. ;)

IMG_2484s.jpg

xgrafcorex said:
haha not a fan of either of those. ;) i'll drink them..but i don't buy them. i like whiskey and rum.

well i was farting around ebay looking at things and came across a pretty cheap set of trois pistoles glasses that also came with 100 unibroue coasters. got them in the mail today. ;)
I can barely stand the brown liquors nowadays...i can only do the clear ones. Probably due to severe over-usage in my youth:lol:

Yo, how much you want for a few of those coasters?

Sickmont said:
I can barely stand the brown liquors nowadays...i can only do the clear ones. Probably due to severe over-usage in my youth:lol:

*raises hand*

It's a rare occasion when I drink anything but wine or beer these days; but when I do, it's generally some sort of vodka drink. Even a sweet rum drink can give me evil flashbacks.

Sickmont said:
Yo, how much you want for a few of those coasters?

if you want i can just mail you some(i think i have some extras :P )..or if you really want to trade something...send me a bottle of beer you guys get on your coast that i can't get here heh.

ross - yea they are very nice. it's too bad i'm out of trois pistoles now though. :(

If you are drinking a Hefeweizen you should swirl the yeast around in the bottom and pour the remaining contents into your glass. If the beer is filtered and the yeast removed, then it isn't considered a true 'Hefeweizen'. If you prefer your beer to not contain any yeast particles, then I would suggest not buying any type of top-fermented wheat style beer, be it German, Belgian, or the like.

In Germany a wheat beer MUST be top-fermented. Since I've had the opportunity to have been to Germany and sampled the beer, I can understand why. Quality is everything, and Germans know how to brew some really great beer, some of the best in the world next to the Belgians.

Ever have a Delirium Tremens?!? Excellent example of what a really great top-fermented blond beer should be like. Not to mention the killer buzz this stuff will give you after 2 pints!

To each his own. -Lars-

i got into the habit of not pouring the yeast in, unless the bottle specifically said to do it, from drinking various belgian and belgian style ales. i guess that will make things easier though whenever i finally get around to doing this damn tasting..the beers have been in my fridge for a while now hah. i just usually have other stuff to drink, so i just say "ehh, i'll do that whole thing later."

right now i'm celebrating canada day with some unibroue brews. :P

uh ive been drinking alot of busch recently. haha

i think im gonna do multiple bombers of stone runiation / ipa on the 4th tho. :onfire:

csigi_chili_sauce said:
Ever have a Delirium Tremens?!? Excellent example of what a really great top-fermented blond beer should be like. Not to mention the killer buzz this stuff will give you after 2 pints!

To each his own. -Lars-

Lars, D.T. is one of my faves....not only because it's good, but also because i'm basically an alky and i occasionally get the "D.T."s.

i know i know!!!!! ;)

its a Coors product :rolleyes:

but it took 3 tries for me to decide that i like BLUE MOON!!! am i weird or what
i have 2 Guinness extra stouts sipping one right at this writing i wasn't adventurous enough yet to mix the Blue moon with a Guinness and have a BLACK AND BLUE but i will eventually

am i messed up some may think so but as i have said repeatedly i love Belgian beers and this one up there but Weyerbacher Merry Monks hit the nail on the head!!
thanks your friend Joe

I think Blue Moon sucks as do most Belgian wheat beers, but that's just my opinion.
blue moon isn't bad considering it come from a Macro brewery
however you can always do better i did, i just had a RUCKUS EUPHORIA and it was excellent!!
it has a subtle hint of Tangerine and a berry undertone i cant quite place, very smooth not too hoppy bitter
9 percent ABV cant taste the alcohol at all, i cant wait Ruckus bought the old brewery in my area and it seems they make a quality product
you should give this one a try, its a very good Belgian Style Triple ,actually the best one i have had so far

also tried Dogfish head 90 minute IPA and surprisingly i like this one somewhat, considering i dont like IPA
it wasn't to bitter!!

thanks your friend Joe

blue moon isn't bad considering it come from a Macro brewery

True! I would take it over any of the crap Anheuser-Busch produces.
Two macro brews I like are Samual Adams Boston Lager and Fat Tire Amber Ale.

I would agree, were it not for the fact that if you actually go to Belgium - they rock!

I bet! That seems to be a common thing with beers that are not good here.
I have had Mexican friends tell me that Corona in Mexico is actually good as well.
The Corona here tastes like Miller or one of the other low grade yellow water beers.

With all this beer talk I am going to have to take a run to the Fresh and Easy supermarket three blocks away and get me a couple of 22 oz. Arrogant Bastards. :cheers:

True! I would take it over any of the crap Anheuser-Busch produces.
Two macro brews I like are Samual Adams Boston Lager and Fat Tire Amber Ale.

I bet! That seems to be a common thing with beers that are not good here.
I have had Mexican friends tell me that Corona in Mexico is actually good as well.
The Corona here tastes like Miller or one of the other low grade yellow water beers.

With all this beer talk I am going to have to take a run to the Fresh and Easy supermarket three blocks away and get me a couple of 22 oz. Arrogant Bastards. :cheers:

yes this is true for the most part when it comes to beers that are good from there home countries but not here

i was told from an Aussie that Foster Lager is terrible in there country and most true Aussies wont thouch the stuff, i do suppose there are a few exceptions

thanks your friend Joe

Joe, it sounds like Fosters is the exception to the rule. It sucks here in US as well. lol
i used to like and in fact it was one of my favs years back when it was made in Australia and then Canada when the Aussie brewery couldn't keep up with the demand, but now its being brewed Texas?
i have not had it in about 20 years so i couldn't tell you if it sucks or not, but i will take your word for it, had a friend tell me it was just alright, there is a premium green label version that's supposed to be a bit better, never had that one
my taste has defiantly has changed since i was younger, i used to hate Guinness extra stout now i love it!!
used to hate Hienaken now i Love it!!
used to like Miller High Life now its not so good since i drink better stuff

thanks your friend Joe

Back