vendor Crazy Hot Seeds

https://www.crazyhotseeds.com/

logo.png

This should be interesting, as I bought three Reaper and 3x "Chocolate Bhutlah" plants from this vendor the other night, having clicked through AJDrew's website ...

They had a (727) area code for a phone number, and the pictures on their Facebook page seemed "nice" ...

Basically they have to be St. Pete/Clearwater, FL or so, so they can't be too far away ...

The site says they are certified by the state ...
https://www.crazyhotseeds.com/us/

The return policy is acceptable ...
https://www.crazyhotseeds.com/return-policy/

Their policies seem appropriate ...
https://www.crazyhotseeds.com/privacy-policy/

I don't think I'm aware of them as being a THP member, but it looks like there's some drama elsewhere on the net, where they might not be selling legit chocolate bhutlah - we'll see about that soon enough, I guess.

I'm starting some seeds myself, anyways, but I was happy to pick up a couple of plugs to have fresh pods sooner than later since I haven't been able to source any yet, still ...

I bought their Top 10 seed bundle w/ the half-dozen plants, because I only had the TS and Reaper seeds from that list already, so it'll be interesting to see how this one pans out ...

I usually do eat a ring of it when I slice it, just to pay my respects ... usually it blows my palette out, and my meal ends up spicier than I wanted, which really shows it ugly head in the leftovers, which are usually further intensified ...

But, I do blow my mouth out w/ super hot pepper pretty regularly, I've just evolved to choose to spare my lower GI and ass the full experience ...

Trouble in paradise for the Reaper plugs. I was suspicious when I purchased them, having noted on a picture on FB that they were all missing their lower leaves, but I just did it anyways to get a head start on having pods sooner than later ...

I bleached my containers and made sure to use fresh promix instead of planting into the root pouches I originally intended that had some pre-amended soil, but had sat unoccupied for some months ...

I was suspicious upon ordering, so I'm not surprised really ...

I kept the sets of three mostly distinct by bottom-feeding w/ moats to keep the choc. bhutlah (which looked healthy) away from the reaper's, which were less healthy as sent ...

I'll post infestation pics a little bit later on, but yeah, there was a critter population explosion over the weekend in those three ...

I stumped the Reaper's and mechanically cleaned the couple of leaves I left intact, and then put them outside, as I don't get down w/ having infested shit in my house ...

Thumbs-down on shipping infested plugs ... but all of the commercial folks have done it (CCN, Piedmont, and now CHS too) in my experience ...

I have feeling this whole experience will just turn into yet another example of why it's best to just work with active members of THP ...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425963641.295362.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425963649.645610.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425963657.349318.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425963671.898036.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425963679.935941.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425963688.234157.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425963697.215129.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425963708.264092.jpg

stumped and mechanically de-critter'd ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425963717.616003.jpg

and kicked out.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425963733.565682.jpg

Not the real Chocolate Bhutlah's
Trust me I know  :)

They were using other peoples pic's on their website. Took Ted's photo and then used Paul Tonkin's(which was not even a choc.bhutlah) We asked them to not use and all they did was block anyone that said anything about it. In my op, they are using the name to make a quick buck. BUYER BEWARE

Yeah, just sent a PM ... tried to give him/them the benefit of the doubt, but it's pretty clearly shady business at this point ...

Again, though ... CCN and Piedmont ALSO sent me infested plants, each.

But, unfortunately, I can no longer have faith in the seeds either, so I'll be returning those ...

Glad I put the plants in moats, the critters don't seem to be able to walk on water ... the 3x fake bhutlah's are clean as far as I can tell.

Bah ... so much bullshit in this game.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Well one thing I can promise...mine are mystery :)

So, there's that ...

I ordered a 4x pack of 1 ea from Juanitos to check out, and I'll just order two more of each of those 4x after inspection, and keep starting seeds ;)
standbyandfire said:
Not the real Chocolate Bhutlah's
Trust me I know  :)

They were using other peoples pic's on their website. Took Ted's photo and then used Paul Tonkin's(which was not even a choc.bhutlah) We asked them to not use and all they did was block anyone that said anything about it. In my op, they are using the name to make a quick buck. BUYER BEWARE

Don't have to worry about me ;)

IMG_1298.JPG

In my opinion, Crazy Hot Seeds is doing business all wrong ...

I PM'd about making things "right" and got the whole "come use my contact form on my site" routine ...

Here's the thing about sites that don't provide their email, but want you to use a contact form, they are *ALWAYS* shady ...

If I don't get a response to my suggestion that I shouldn't be charged for infested plugs, I'm going to contact PayPal and handle it as a fraudulent seller, since what they are doing w/ the Choc. Bhutlah is clearly deceptive ...

I'd consider this a signal not to do any business w/ this vendor - sorry, El Camino ...

chocolatebhutlahisahoax.com is available ... I might have to do a series of posts here on SEO practices, for the lulz ...

Our nursery is inspected several times a year and we would not be able to ship live plants nationwide like we do if we had any pest problems. All plants are also inspected by hand before shipment.

I have refunded the reaper plants

You don't know anything, but what you will find out is that I'd rather drag you through the mud and steal $100 from your time and energy than have it back ... because I despise people like you.

We'll be handling this via a PayPal dispute, and whatever else is necessary ...

I stumped your plants because it would take me longer to deal w/ them than they are worth, at my hourly rate of work (and I can work as many hours as I'm willing) ...

And just so we're clear, every vendor who has sent out infested plants apologized and refunded them ...

Crazy Hot Seeds said:
I have offered a refund as well, but you are refusing and would rather attack us.

It is clear from the beginning of this thread that you had no intention of paying for the merchandise. Just like all of the other companies you have taken advantage of, you are trying to take advantage of us.

Ship everything back and you will receive a refund.

I have to laugh at you. You don't know Grant, he'll pay Big Bucks to get stuff, be it plants, meat or gagdets. He's not looking to get anything for free, from you or anyone else, he doesn't have to. Get it? . I suggest you revisit your business model, it sure isn't working here, oh and perhaps, your future business plan. It appears your customer service is lacking.

This seems to be another Baker's in the works!

I want the fake chocolate bhutlah's, like I've always said, I bought some plugs to have some plants producing earlier, to get back into the game ...

Sending you back the 3x bhutlah's would make the experience for me, worse yet - in truth ...

But, the whole thing of using their name, and not differentiating it - is pretty lame, and you should correct it. Why not put "CHS's Chocolate Bhutlah"? ... then you can still fool the sheeple, while signaling the serious folks ...

You could have done a zillion things ... you could have said, "you'll want to continue treating the Reaper's w/ neem oil" ... that would be responsible ... I would have thanked you. That's how you do it, dude ...

And the issues w/ stealing people's photos is ridiculous ...

I want your shit to be right, and to have a local supply ...

I'm trying to help you do it right, so I can take advantage of it.

Do you maintain that the seeds are legit? ... if so, I'll keep them, and plant them. The downside is that if I grow them out for months, and they aren't, I'll be a whole lot MORE pissed off than I am right now ...

If you maintain the seeds are legit, and change the wording on the Chocolate Bhutlah to differentiate from what is going to be THE chocolate bhutlah, I only need to be refunded the cost of the Reaper's that you sent infested ...

That's significantly better for you.

I'm a totally different animal - right now fixing you is like a little side project to me ...

NOTE: Just received an partial refund.

I have refunded the reaper plants.

Nothing I say or do will convince you of the legitimacy of our seeds. We wouldn't have the loyal customers we have or stayed in business for 3 years if we sold fake seeds. If you would still like a refund on the seeds, ship them back and I'll issue a refund for those as well.

Continuing to treat plants indoors and outdoors for pests should always be done (organically or inorganically). I will update our planting instructions to include those steps.

People these days want and require faster and quicker feedback, especially when they have a problem.  Further, I've found the quicker the initial response to feedback the better the whole situation for all involved.  

It's not out of the realm of possibility that something laid eggs on the plants at or prior to shipping, and I'd suspect of anything that sprouted bugs in the days after arriving too - anyone would.  Weeks after?  That doesn't always mean that's on you, but ultimately what does it really cost?  

One thing I will say is this:  It is way better to refund a few transactions immediately with no questions asked rather than treat a customer as a suspect in a place that serves as a conduit to the type of things you do.  Sure ya lose a few bones on some stuff - but the people who seek out your type of product will admire and respect the immediate attention/rectification of the issue.  Stuff like that makes em believe they too will be taken care of.  So they are inclined to choose you over someone else.  You feelin me?

I read a book not long ago titled Every Complaint Is A Gift.  I really believe in the wisdom espoused therein, and you can buy it for a penny

Back