• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Curry????

Today I tried my first curry ever and it was so good! It was extra hot green curry from a Thai restraint. The heat was ok.(I put super hot powder on everything, so tolerance is higher than an average joe) What curry's do you eat? Which curry should I try next?

buddy said:
Thanks. Cannot load anymore pictures.  Error message saying that file size is too big . . . not sure why as I haven't had this problem before tonight.

This happened to me once.  Pm the boss.

The rest of the rendang beef pictures.  I don't have a picture of it plated.  I finished about 11:00 at night.  Ate it the next day - maybe just a bit over cooked.

DSC_0312.JPG

DSC_0320.JPG

DSC_0321.JPG

Beef (short ribs)
Salt
Coriander
Turmeric
Ginger
Garlic
Shallots
Crushed red pepper
Lemongrass
Kaffir lime leaves
Galangal
Coconut milk
Brown sugar

That looks awesome man!

That's how it is supposed to look, like a reduced caramelized curry.

So you overcooked it though? But did you like it?

The Hot Pepper said:
That looks awesome man!

That's how it is supposed to look, like a reduced caramelized curry.

So you overcooked it though? But did you like it?
Thanks.  Liked it a lot - lots of layers in the flavor.  Started with taste of the lemon grass, then the beef, then the heat.  It was the 1st time I'd made it so I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be so dark. The meat was really tender and didn't taste burned so I guess I got it cooked correctly :)

buddy said:
Thanks.  Liked it a lot - lots of layers in the flavor.  Started with taste of the lemon grass, then the beef, then the heat.  It was the 1st time I'd made it so I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be so dark.

Yes dark brown. I saw the earlier pics and was surprised so light lol that's cuz I've never made it only eaten it.

Try toasted coconut sprinkled on top when it's plated too.

Looks great! I love the depth of flavors in that dish, and the fact it is slow cooked beef that falls apart, as most curries are cooked fast, or faster.

Had to come back and look. Nope, def not overcooked! Supposed to be that color and cling to the meat like a paste like that. Man that looks good! k bye.

Plate shot from last night... my favorite vegetarian curry, Rajma! With rice, curried broccolini, roasted eggplant raita and apple chutney. I love the way the beans get all soft and creamy when you cook them all day in the slow cooker. I put 8 green Pusa Jwala pods and a tsp of chile flakes in it, and the heat level was just perfect.
SANY0163_zpstnm0lics.jpg

Back