food D3monic "Can" Cook but Allergies Suck!

One thing I did that will be hard to keep up on is make a list of all our ingredients on hand, what meats and veggies are in fridge and what's in the freezers that way I can meal plan better and less likely to eat bad knowing we have that stuff. All too often something will get buried in a drawer and go bad because I forgot we even had it. Hopefully if we can add/remove things as we go it will help us waste less and plan meals better.

Made Taco salad tonight continuing the theme of eating "healthier"  Lost 7lbs so far this week. 

Chopped zucchini, yellow squash, onion and a few yellow bonnets. Toasted cumin and a lb of Grass Fed beef we got on sale for 3.49lb

added in some roasted pablanos, garlic, ancho modelo, and fresh ground smoked pequin. After this pic added a packet of la preferda taco seasoning. 

Served on a bed of lettuce with cilantro lime rice, avocado, lime and not pictured some salsa verde I made other day from ajis and stuff. 

Looks great!

My two thoughts..

Any time you can add veggies or beans do it. I love true Texas chillie, but often add beans and all the veggies I have on hand. Makes it stretch and healthier. Same for spinach or chard in lasagna.

On weekends I cook big and freeze. Right now I have meatballs, marinara, chicken curry, chicken stock and beef stew in the freezer. I get home tired and think of ordering greasy takeout and realize I have something tastier and healthier that I just have to thaw.

Your food always looks great and good for you!

What kinda title is THAT?!

Looks good.

12108993_426783640849754_1513897122914322375_n.jpg

The Hot Pepper said:
Cheer up D3monic.

Not sure how you guys know i've been battling depression but thanks. 

Made some hickory smoked pulled pork yesterday. it finished really late so today was the first day anyone really got to eat any of it. 

Fresh buns made with some beer

Made a berry reduction bbq sauce with frozen mixed berries in water, apple cider vinegar and rice vinegar. Reduced it for a while, strained and added brown sugar, molasses, ketchup, ginger and a few other seasonings. 

slapped together a half ass apple slaw, this afternoon, no time to hit the grocery store so just used what I had on hand, apples, sauerkraut (close enough to cabbage dispite the wifeys arguments) red serranos ,bolsa de dulce, onion, rice vinegar, olive oil, salt , pepper and alder/cherry smoked MOA bonnet and bahamian goat blend. 

Here's the left overs I had at work tonight

all my plants died to frost the other day. I got some going in the basement though. 2 month break before starting next years seedlings lol. 

as for the depression, it's something that i've dealt with since I was little. Far back as I can remember. It comes and goes, IRS sending me letters that they are going to levy all my assets for the 13k I owe and child support taking 78% my paychecks has me in the dumps right now. I'm doing better today. A few days ago I was suicidal again, I got too many that depend on me now to go through with it but doesn't stop the flood of thoughts.

I've been in contact with a probono lawyer service about the IRS. Just have to wait a week or so to hear back on wether they will take my case.

As for the child support it's a slow process. I tried to modify it back when my unemployment ran out last september 2014, they drug it out till feb 2015 then denied the modification stating no significant change even though i went from $31hr to 0. I started working again this april and since June I've been working on a modification again and they just mailed me back some more paper work for statement of assets so within a few months it should be adjusted to the $21hr I make now.. which between the two cases one gets 20% my check and the other gets 28% of the remaining.

which is still a lot, but much better than the one getting 50% of my check for one kid ($622 every two weeks) while the other only gets $200 every two weeks for two kids because that's all I have left. It's hardly fair for her... let alone me. 

Sorry to hear about all that real life bullshit.  Keep your chin up. 

Did you taste the beer in your buns?  I am asking because when I made my beer bread I used a heavy stout and it was definitely noticeable.  Curious if you got the flavor when you used a lighter beer. 

Hey! Hang in there fucker. You know we love you here.  Don't do anything brash just cause they try to dash wit yo cash, bro. Don't let the winter blues get you down either, dammit.
Have you thought about buying a Mercury?

https://youtu.be/zVHsIqx2TxE

Sorry to hear about the bad news D. This time of year doesn't help either. I've down the bad thought road before. Just keep turning off of it. Once those thoughts start spiraling it's hard to change course. Things will work out one way or the other, they always do.

Ozzy2001 said:
Sorry to hear about the bad news D. This time of year doesn't help either. I've down the bad thought road before. Just keep turning off of it. Once those thoughts start spiraling it's hard to change course. Things will work out one way or the other, they always do.

+2 ...What he said. 

Back