food D3monic "Can" Cook but Allergies Suck!

I have shellfish allergies so I gotta avoid a lot of seafoods thus the plain ole sushi ingredients and random strangeness. I'd love to have some crab in there... trust me maybe some unagi

FreeportBum said:
My mother and grandmother both born in Germany.....I love liverwurst.  I like to fry up slices of coarse liverwurst and make a sandwich with sliced red onion with homemade spicy beer mustard on rye. looks great d3 id hit it

Might explain your mom's country fried steak rockage ... the schnitzel is strong in that one, or what not ...

Making a ass load of tamales tonight

IMG_3745.JPG

Picked some fresh peppers for it. From Top left to right
Champion , criolla sella, Xalapas jalapeno, Aji omni color, super tiny white fataliis, Australian Lantern and aji Limon

IMG_3744.JPG

Lots of left over smoked pork- added some water and beef broth

IMG_3747.JPG

Added the onion and peppers

IMG_3748.JPG

Two cans of chipotle sauce and some fresh ground cumin

IMG_3749.JPG

Letting it simmer for an hour or so before starting the masa

Oh, and I scored these quail eggs at the grocer for $2.99 not sure what i'm going to do with them but thinking a smoked burger with some fried quail eggs would be good. 

IMG_3746.JPG

Champion quickly made its way up into the top 10 favorite peppers right next to bolsa de dulce. Really good sweet pods. 

I posted some dude's Instagram page in the BarBQ thread the other night, and one of those burgers had a hard boiled egg cross section in the center ...

If nothing else, it photographed well! =)

PS - I realize you probably mean soft boiled or poached, just sayin' ...

Tamales got drug out later than I wanted, exwife was having a baby today and insisted on keeping the boys there until it was born. She texted late a fck and half way into the tamales to come pick them up. 

Made the mistake of taking the dog with, her dumb ass husband came all the way down from hospital room to trade off the kids, doesn't bring the car keys to give me their stuff and has to go all the way back up, takes like 20 mins to get back down. Finally go to leave and on the road 5 mins and the dog just looks me in the eye and starts pissing on my passenger seat... lil bastard. I slapped him upside the head and he just kept pissing. Rolled all down between the seats. Ugh, talk about ruining the leather. Car going to smell so bad tomorrow.

Needless to say it's now midnight and I just finished making the tamales. 

Still had a good amount of meat left over

IMG_3754.JPG

IMG_3753.JPG

IMG_3755.JPG

Made about 30 of them

IMG_3756.JPG

IMG_3757.JPG

grantmichaels said:
Helluva night!

Leave the window cracked? ...

Ozium!

We got that natures miracle spray, takes the smell out the diddle. Hopefully it didn't jack up my leather though. 

Steaming the tamales tomorrow and taking a baggie to my dads house to leave for him. 

Ozzy2001 said:
Damn. I must eat tamales now.

My exwife texted me and said the kids where fighting over the last tamale I sent home with them. 

My oldest son Atreyu said they was like angels came down from heaven and where dancing on his taste buds... lmao. This is from a kid whos diet is 75% gluten free chicken nuggets. 

I got a fairly decent idea on what i'm going to do for the throwdown. was thinking of doing beef shortrib tacos smoked over cherry with poppers from the garden and smoking some carnitas baked beans. Baking up some bread bowls from bolsa de dulce Cornbread and serving the beans in them. 

maybe do a mop of red wine and some kind of mexi spices for the ribs. sounds good in my head, just need to come up with a good sauce for the tacos I haven't done yet, something creamy and spicey. Maybe a avocado cream or something. 

grantmichaels said:
Yum ... sounds good.

Hopefully it turns out good, I got something pictured in my head but how it looks and turns out can be totally different things... Hopefully someone does something with a Mole. I don't know or never had Mole so i'm too scared to ever go there. 

Back