food D3monic "Can" Cook but Allergies Suck!

Dinner all done and eaten. 

Marsala was really good, shells turned out pretty much how I expected.. yuk. 

Here's the filling, cottage cheese, spinach, mozz, shredded parm

French bread

Sauted mushrooms , scallions and garlic, 3 t flour

Pork chops cooking in the pan

all bathing together

All putting garlic butter pre cook did was keep the rolls seperate. Can't even taste it. Meh Wifes plate

mine

The marsala turned out really well. Step daughter said she wanted that for her birthday dinner lol. I'd probably stuff chicken breasts with mozz/parm spinach and do the marsala over it. 

Meat?....Cottage cheese? ...in stuffed shells?

Grandma just rolled over in her grave. While you can put whatever you like in the shells and probably will taste good, I cannot say I have ever seen that. I have seen it in raviolis, just not shells.
Pork chops look great D3. Shells look fine as well. Hopefully she appreciated it.

Haha.. I hear ya. My wife makes the chicken rollatini with a marsala sauce. If you have some salami, prosciutto or anything like that it works well the cheeses.

Had several pounds of pork loin defrosted and only thing that came to mind was carnitas. Decided to try something different and knock the dust off our new dutch oven. 

Cut it into very large cubes,
cumin, chile ancho modelo, garlic, onion, oregano, can diced chilies, 1 dried goatsweed, 1/4cup frontera Chipotle salsa (few that doesn't have lime or cilantro in it).

I'd rather use a can of chipotle sauce but don't have any in the pantry and don't feel like running to the store. Would liked to of used a beef or chicken broth but all I have are bouillon cubes and they have stuff my boys are allergic to in them. There's a thick fat cap on the loin so hoping that will add enough juices. 

I'll do like usual and pan fry the meat to light crispy before serving. 

Shredded nice and easy

Wifes in a hurry to eat so no frying it up in a pan. Will fry some tonight when I have it for dinner. 

Ozzy2001 said:
Nice. I love carnitas. Carnitas are usually how I judge a Mexican restaurant.

I usually judge it on their salsa and quality of their al pastor if they even have it. 

So we was grocery shopping and I had the sudden idea to try my hand at a pho or ramen. Now that I have ramen I looked up a recipe and it seems really easy to make from scratch. 

I was short on some ingredients and the wife really fought against ox tail (probably a good thing since it was $10 for 2) 

I got the lil sirloins thinking I could cut them up thin but after I got home I had the idea to use my left over carnita meat. Maybe fry it up in some bacon grease tomorrow night with a little bit soy and garlic chili sauce. 

simmer the store bought broth with some ginger, soy sauce and maybe a handful of the pork for a little flavor. 

I got bean sprouts, those thin mushrooms, green onion, spinach ,ginger... not sure what else I could use in it. I forgot bok choy though :( 

ok running back to store tomorrow for some mirin and sake

I bought broth but i have boullion if I  really want to make a imitation stock.. I think broth would be fine. simmer it with the ginger, nice handful of the pork, garlic and scallions then strain for the soup base. 

Soy sauce tare with soy sauce, sake, mirin , ginger , garlic and scallion. 

I might even do the soft boiled egg for them. Marinaded in a soy marinade

Back