food D3monic "Can" Cook but Allergies Suck!

D3monic said:
I wish that was it but my lips swell , itchy hives and I get the poops. I took a benedryl
Sounds a lot like my reaction. My lips don't swell, but I hands and feet get itchy first. Then the hives come along with stabbing pain in my stomach then I spew from every orifice. First time it happened I thought I might be dying. It's pretty excruciating. Benadryl works for me too fortunately.

D3monic said:

It was nice and crunchy all the way to the center

i like the flavors that come from browning ... in everything ... food, beer, etc ...

my rapper name would have to be maillard maven, or melanoidin mastah ...

one of the beers i've got in the queue coming up is marmalade and biscuit/victory ale ...

Pizza looks good. I like pesto on pizza but have never made it. The only time I have had that issue with the dough is when I tried to stretch while still cold.

And red jalapenos right? You said peno pesto.

D3monic said:
It was still pretty cold for having been on counter for 3 hours. Since all my allergies mu pesto is pretty simple. Just basil, parm, pepper, olive oil. Should have lemon juice too but I'm still iffy on it

If you try it again..let it sit longer.  Now that the ambient temps are cooler in the houses it might need some more time.  I believe the science behind it is that as it warms back up it relaxes the gluten strands.  

Seeds arrived today.  Thank you.  Yours should be on their way as well.

Welcome! I got enough dough left to make two more pies tomorrow. I'll give it a few more hours sitting out. Maybe start the oven for 30 seconds and throw it in there to rest.

D3monic said:
Welcome! I got enough dough left to make two more pies tomorrow. I'll give it a few more hours sitting out. Maybe start the oven for 30 seconds and throw it in there to rest.

While your oven is preheating, place your dough ball on top.  It will be warmest spot in room and will help getting it to room temp.  I would not stick it in the oven.  

Yea, my house is 68f in the winter so when i'm rising dough I usually start the oven and let it run for less than a minute to get it just a little warmer than ambient temp and then place my dough in there to rise. Oven tends to retain the warmth for a while. 

Isn't it bad to run a microwave empty? I thought it said somewhere on ours not to do that. 

Food journal entry:

Plain white rice
plain steamed veggies (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower)
Chicken sauted in olive oil, onions, aji amarillo. 
Seasoned with cumin, garlic, chili ancho modelo

Yesterday was just plain burgers no bun, no condiments... lame sadness served on a bed of baby spinach. 

Back