food D3monic "Can" Cook but Allergies Suck!

Tomorrow is my wifes birthday but I work so i'm making her dinner tonight. Going to bake up a few loaves of garlic bread (reminds me I should start now)

She really wants stuffed shells... I hate pasta but am going to wing it for. Getting ready to head to the store and pick up the ingredients. Never made them but assuming riccotta and maybe some mozz and I still got some shreaded parm I can use. Just going to use canned sauce. 

I also have some pork chops defrosted so was thinking about pan frying them and doing a mushroom marsala sauce. Maybe some kind of veggie on the side. Squash sounds good but don't think it's in season. 

If you want a little bit of parsley or a tinier bit of basil, or some spinach, in that ricotta ... go for it =) ...

Don't overcook the pasta before you stuff, they need to be mostly uncooked, but flexible ... and if I remember, you oil them lightly and let them cool ... possibly even flashing them with cold water like when you do cold pasta salad ...

Fuck ... don't go by me, I barely remember, I guess =( ...

Love 'em ...

yea I looked up a few recipes. 

going to brown garlic and shallots, simmer the sauce in it. 

Boil the noodles al dente (still undercooked in middle) I probably will run them under cold water just so i don't have to wait on it to cool

mix the ricotta, mozz, parm and some parsley/basil stuff the shells. 

pour sauce in bottom of baking dish, place shells seam down, dump rest of sauce and some cheese over them and broil in oven till all the cheese is melty 

for the marsala I was going to saute some mushrooms, shallots, garlic, flour for a min then deglaze with wine. add some beefstock and simmer until reduced to desired consistency. 

She wants it like her grandma makes, i'm like "then have your grandma make it" don't matter to me though any how since I don't do pasta. I'll just have the marsala pork chops and garlic bread. Less upset stomach that way

Do it... I like manicotti and shells cheesy inside but meaty on top is all good... I bet short rib ragu would be killer as well...

Try the cottage cheese yourself, it's not much different anyway...

I'll pass on the shells, I don't dig pasta to begin with. If I do it's gotta be a cream sauce. Too much dairy for my stomach anyhow. I'm still paying for the pizza.

you think if I brush on the garlic butter prior to rolling up my french bread and baking it that it would turn out too mushy in middle? Debating on if I want to do that or just bake then slice down middle, garlic butter and bake a little more. 

Let me leave this here, buy out no cooking...

12208647_1517085768613515_2022061539499330576_n.jpg

Back