food D3monic "Can" Cook but Allergies Suck!

D3monic said:
So we was grocery shopping and I had the sudden idea to try my hand at a pho or ramen. Now that I have ramen I looked up a recipe and it seems really easy to make from scratch. 

I was short on some ingredients and the wife really fought against ox tail (probably a good thing since it was $10 for 2) 

I got the lil sirloins thinking I could cut them up thin but after I got home I had the idea to use my left over carnita meat. Maybe fry it up in some bacon grease tomorrow night with a little bit soy and garlic chili sauce. 

simmer the store bought broth with some ginger, soy sauce and maybe a handful of the pork for a little flavor. 

I got bean sprouts, those thin mushrooms, green onion, spinach ,ginger... not sure what else I could use in it. I forgot bok choy though :(

Looking forward to seeing this!!.... all the ingredients for a killer bowl of noodles!!

Soy tare

1 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sake
1 T Mirin
1/2oz ginger crushed
1 scallion chopped
1 clove garlic peeled and crushed

Heat to boil then remove from heat, strain. 

Some marinade incase I make soft boiled eggs or for meats

1 cup water
1cup soy
1/2 cup sake
1/4 cup mirin
2 cloves garlic
2 scallions
1oz ginger

heat to boil then remove from heat. 

Soup base

I should of used stock not broth. 

1qt chicken broth
1qt beef broth
1qt water
2 scallions chopped
3 cloves garlic crushed
1oz ginger crushed
1/2 lb pork (pre cooked from carnitas)

boiled for an hour

Marinaded some pork in marinade for 20 min

1/4cup of the tare in each bowl

2 cups broth over that

Ramen boiled for 4 minutes and strained (next time I will make the noodles from scratch)

Divided ramen between bowls, topped with blanched spinach and bean sprouts, enoki mushrooms, shitake mushrooms, pork, and scallions. 

Serve and enjoy!

I got enough of everything to make it again this week. I'll make fresh noodles next time and maybe add a few chicken bouillons to give the broth just a little more flavor. I was expecting it to be over powering but was a little on the week side. 

Tinnie said:

Looking forward to seeing this!!.... all the ingredients for a killer bowl of noodles!!

Thanks, I made a few changes but it turned out well  for my first time. I know what to change next time though. 

Jennifer made chili n cornbread for dinner

image.jpg

Left over chili = chili cheese tater tots

Topped with chili, cheddar, provolone, green onions and pepperchini sprinkled with louisiana habanero sauce and smoked ghost powder (yellow and BOC)

[URL=http://s194.photobucket.com/user/amplexus67/media/4ABB6464-53CD-40CB-9D13-BE24A4E40D16.jpg.html][/URL]

I picked up a 2.5lb flank steak at the market, going to make some philly cheese steaks for dinner tomorrow. Thinking roasted pablano, green bell, carmelized onions, hoagie rolls, and not sure if going to use straight provolone and parmesan or do a creamy cheese sauce

Making some Philly cheese steaks right now. 

My green pepper was moldy inside so it's pablanos I guess. Only had 2

IMG_5676.JPG

IMG_5678.JPG

IMG_5679.JPG

I don't use worstershire because the anchovies so I gently brushed the meat with pepper, garlic, Made a marinade some the soy tare from ramen and a little bit of McCormicks mesquit seasoning 

IMG_5680.JPG

Starting the cook now, pics when done. Not a fan of the sub rolls I bought but I was limited on selections. 

Making a cheese sauce from butter, flower, milk, provolone, mozz and parm. 

Onion , pablano and mushrooms

IMG_5681.JPG

Everything cooking

IMG_5683.JPG

Cheese sauce is runnier than I'd like (thanks bobby flay...) But damn look at that

IMG_5685.JPG

I mean LOOK AT THAT

IMG_5687.JPG

Nom nom nom

IMG_5686.JPG

Oh noes almost gone!

IMG_5688.JPG

I think i'm having another one... maybe with some pepperoni on it. 

Back