food D3monic "Can" Cook but Allergies Suck!

Change the title of this thread or i keeel u

Digging the meals and Smoked Thai Blend placement :) I agree, that heat is made for the family during cooking and after meal is ready time to pour on more for our tastes! 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Digging the meals and Smoked Thai Blend placement :) I agree, that heat is made for the family during cooking and after meal is ready time to pour on more for our tastes! 

The Mystery Wine has a good taste and a little more heat to it, haven't tried the screaming banshee yet but I can assume that's a few notches up on the heat scale. 

10407262.jpg

That's cool. It's kinda like a twist on the classic prosciutto and melon, with cucumber instead of melon. As sushi. Very cool.

Sure, nothing special to it, I make 2 cups jasmine rice per directions, with some extra lime juice (though next batch will probably not be cilantro lime rice) once it's done (15 min) I leave lid on and let it rest for 10 min, mix 3tbs of rice wine vinegar and 2 tbs of sugar until sugar dissolves, slowly pour into rice while gently folding it and allow rice to cool while folding everyone once in a while. Then coat seaweed with it. I'll see if I can find the info link that I picked it up off of but I think it was a compilation of links. 

Here's the links from my history tab on what I looked at to figure it out

http://www.pbs.org/food/fresh-tastes/how-to-make-sushi-with-step-by-step-breakdown/
http://minimalistbaker.com/how-to-make-sushi-without-a-mat/

tctenten said:
Nice work D3. I have been holding off on showing this to the wife, otherwise she will have me doing this. Really nice looking plate.

Give it a try one day to surprise her. It's pretty easy, hardest part is dealing with the plastic wrap and towel but that will be solved once I get a bamboo mat. Really irritated about that because i've seen them a 1000 times at a various grocery stores around here and the one time I needed them none of the store I checked had them... not even the ones I verified online before stopping, tried 3 local groceries and Walmart. One of the grocery stores have their own in house "sushi" chefs making rolls all day and they still didn't have any. I'm like, where the fck did you get your mat then???

Back