food D3monic "Can" Cook but Allergies Suck!

tctenten said:
Very nice D3, love the onions and serranos. Amoeba shaped tortillas...took me awhile to get my pizzas close to round. No matter what the shape, I will take a couple.

I had a few half round ones. I just happened to take the ugliest of them... yep that's my story and i'm sticking to it.. lol. One these days I'll pick up a tortilla press. Now that I know how easy the dough is to make. I just used 3 cups flour, 1tsp salt, 1tsp baking powder, 1/3 cup oil and 1 cup warm water and mixed in the mixer with the dough hook for like a min. Next time there will be much more serranos. Frying them really cooked the heat out. 

Nice, walmart has tortilla presses for pretty damn cheap http://www.walmart.com/ip/23624926?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227017173919&wl0&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=52289636775&wl4&wl5=pla&wl6=79374136695&veh=sem

I might have to pick one up soon. 

D3monic said:
Mine produced better than the green peppers for me last year. I picked them as they ripened so didn't ever let them build up to see how  many it would grow at a time but on average I was picking 3-4 a week. I always left a few for pablano pete to have a place to sleep. Always found him sleeping in the top of a pablano last summer

pablano pete !     :rofl:
D3monic said:
Well thanks to a power outage meatloaf for dinner turned into burgers on the grill

Got them seasoned with some garlic, eggs, LDHS red label, a dash of A1, pepper, pequin powder and a pack of grill mates applewood seasoning

Big one has some bahamian goat powder on it for me. 

Mmm good stuff, over cooked the burgers a little unfortunately. Was dryer than I expected. 
looks good to me pal ! 

Mmm ate the rest the rice on one the fresh tortillas for a snack. I'm so picking up a tortilla press. 

D3monic said:
Practicing some new techniques for the throwdown Friday night. 

Homemade tortillas for the first time

Never buying them again. Was so quick and easy to make and they taste so freakign good. Wifey was double fisting the extras and eating them plain. All warm and just a hint of salty. mmmm 

Also french fried some onions and serrano chips. - So worth it

Bacon getting sacrificed for some love juice to heat the carnitas up in. 

BAM Happy belly

D3monic said:
Yea That one's ugly, here this is a little better. Sorry used my phone. Just trying a few different things in prep for the throw down. 

Yay, wifey let me pick up a few things for the throwdown... no tortilla press though :( 

I wish Carnitas meat photographed better. Needs more color to it or something. I got some sheit in store for Saturday. Probably wont be as fancy as some yalls but i'm excited about it. I'm not going to french fry the onions and peppers though. Too much brown sheit. That wont win any votes. Needs color, all bright and fancy pants like a gay pride parade threw up on it. 

sicman said:
Bacon makes everything better.

That's the first and last passage in the Dude Bible. 

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429049093.125168.jpg

D3monic said:
Yay, wifey let me pick up a few things for the throwdown... no tortilla press though :(

I wish Carnitas meat photographed better. Needs more color to it or something. I got some sheit in store for Saturday. Probably wont be as fancy as some yalls but i'm excited about it. I'm not going to french fry the onions and peppers though. Too much brown sheit. That wont win any votes. Needs color, all bright and fancy pants like a gay pride parade threw up on it. 

That's the first and last passage in the Dude Bible. 
Needs cilanto at the end and it sets it off with maybe a lime off to the side. :) I'd repost my picture but that is just silly. I said it elsewhere but sometimes ugly picture food taste the best! 

chocolatescotchbonnet said:
i guess my 5 poblanos won't be enough either...damn it!
Edit: Guess i'll plant more seeds

Depends on how often you eat them but they are a staple around here. 

Wifey sold one our spare lawnmowers. To celebrate me finally getting a job and working 2 weeks we hit the butcher shop and picked up some burgers and steak. 

Nice big ribeye for me and some Daves hot sauce. I got the ghost not the insanity. Holy shit is this stuff hot. I wasn't expecting that based on the smell. I poured way too much on a chip and burned the shit our of my arse. 

Letting it marinade for an hour before tossing it on the grill.  Might make a quick smoke pouch with foil and wood to add to the grill as well. 

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy hhhhhaaaaaaaaaa oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!
Sorry really hungry! :)

oldsalty said:
Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy hhhhhaaaaaaaaaa oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!
Sorry really hungry! :)

First steak I will of had in like 6 months , correction 8.  Moneys been tight with me being unemployed. I'm looking forward to this. Going to make some balsamic onions and mushrooms for it as well. 

D3monic said:
First steak I will of had in like 6 months , correction 8.  Moneys been tight with me being unemployed. I'm looking forward to this. Going to make some balsamic onions and mushrooms for it as well.
Ooohhhh great now your just torturing me!

Smoked some pork cutlets and country boneless ribs for some lunches at work this week. I'm going to be on nights for next two weeks so won't have time to cook anything really. 

Made a bbq sauce from reduced mixed berries, brown sugar, water, seasonings, ketchup , Worcestershire and soy sauce. Turned out pretty good. 

D3, I like the way you smoke leaner types of meats.  About how long for those pork cutlets?  Are they dry if you do not have BBQ sauce with them?  That is something I would like to try.

Back