• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D3's 2016 Growlog

Well 2016 is already fast approaching and it's time to start thinking about what to grow this coming year. Last year I started seeds in mid Dec and was running out of room for plants by the time plant out finally came. I think this year I will start the majority in January. 

I was going through my seeds to send to a few and figured it was time to start formulating a list of what I want to grow. 
There was a lot that I grew 2015 that while ok, I didn't see myself growing again and a few that definitaly made the grow list again. a few off the top my head being paper lantern, baha goats and moa bonnets. Just the right heat levels and great as smoked powders. 

Here is my non official ever changing list. (so much for having a smaller grow this year...) Edited 1-6 to reflect actual current list. 

Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-4   Mystery Wine - Joyner
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-6   Moa Bonnet Yellow- mine
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Moa Bonnet Red- Jcw10tc
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Aji Mango- Ozzy
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-7   Bahamian Goat (pheno from last year with nice tail) mine
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Mako Kokoo - jcw10tc
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Habanero Hot Lemon - Semillas
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-3   Cor De Laranja - Semillas
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Murupi Amarela- Scorched
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-4   Cream Fatalii - Cone9
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-4   7pot Peach - jcw10tc
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Ice scream scorp - jcw10tc
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-3   Habanero Laranjada Grande - Semillas
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-3   Peach Bhut - jcw10tc
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-6   BG7 Chocolate - Jcw10tc
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-18 Mystery Citrus- Grant
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-13 Pimente De Breese- smileyguy697
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:        Pimenta bode loranja- smileyguy697
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-13 Goatsweed - Hogleg
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:        Douglah X Butch T f4- Hogleg
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-15Trinidad Scorpion CARDI Yellow - Cone9
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:        SB7J Yellow - Ozzy2001
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-12 Beni Highlands - Jcw10tc
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-18 7pot Burgundy- mine
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-13 Carolina Yellow Hab - Jcw10tc
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-15 Aji Omni Color- Ajijoe
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-15 Bolsa de Ducle- mine
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-15 Queen Laurie - Cone9
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-15 Aji ahuachapau - Jcw10tc
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-16 Red Primo- Jcw10tc
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-13 Carbonero- Tony Sherwood
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-18 Devils Brain - Jcw10tc

Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Sugar rush peach- Scorched
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Sugar rush cream- Scorched
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Aji Dulce Rosita- Cheri
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Hot Rod Serrano X Maui Purple f1- Freeportbum
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        7pod orange x Cbbg7 f1- Freeportbum
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Aji Dulce Jobito - Cheri
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Aji Fantasy White- PeterS
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:1-20 Paper Lantern Hab
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Cherry Bomb- grocery store
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Big Jim- Santis
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Mata frade- 
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Yellow Jalapeno- 
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Aji Pineapple
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:1-20 Yellow Tepin
                    Sprout:1-30 P. Dreadie Select Bonnet

My Crosses- See Crossing Thread

Flowering/producing      Aji Pineapple x Butch T yellow f1   maybe f2 if lucky already flowering
Flowering/producing      Butch T yellow x Bahaminan goat f1  maybe f2 if lucky already frowering
Flowering/producing      Paper Lantern X Butch T yellow f1  maybe f2 if lucky already flowering
Flowering/producing      Not a 7pot y X Butch T yellow f1  maybe f2 of lucky already flowering
Flowering/producing      Carbonero X Butch T yellow f1  maybe f2 if lucky already flowering
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-6    7pot Burgundy X Mystery (I crossed it and forgot to write it down. I think it's CGN 21500 )
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5    Lemon drop X Inca Berry f1 
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-6    Aji amarillo X Caribbean red hab f1

Student of Spice said:
Man that is a nice looking garden area as a whole :clap:

Thanks, I really need to stain the fencing. Maybe Next spring if it's not too late by then. 

OCD Chilehead said:
That's a great garden you have. Awesome setup. Lots of stress relief going on there.

How do you like the drip irrigation? Looks nice and neat.

Good luck with your grow and keep up the cross breeding.

It's nice, I don't need it really with the peppers though. Last year I kicked it on manually like 3-4 times all season. My first year I had it going off twice a day for 10 minutes a pop. I also have lines going to the flower beds by the pond and grill area. I'll probably work it into the greenhouse as well so I can do drip emitters on the pots. 

FreeportBum said:
HR x MP is a winner ! love those pods and flowers. Hopefully they taste really good.  Everything looks great, keep up the good work. 

:cheers:

Thanks, they look good so far. Pods are getting pretty big, i'd expect them to ripen in a few weeks. 

I realized I forgot to post pics from the bed with my Chinense. 

hnQQotm.jpg

7 pot burgundy

sB86uBl.jpg

Peach Bhut

ez0c0fS.jpg

7 pot peach

fxM8e8L.jpg

cream fatalii

x5KiNna.jpg

your 7pot orange x cbbg7

9aqP8Bb.jpg

7 pot burgundy

sB86uBl.jpg

I also potted up one the omni color to keep in the greenhouse for crosses this year. 

XmmI1ph.jpg

Damn D garden looks great! I realize how far behind some of my plants are when I see how big yours are.

You'll be fine to stain that fence whenever. Just rent/borrow a power washer then stain away.

Ozzy2001 said:
Damn D garden looks great! I realize how far behind some of my plants are when I see how big yours are.

You'll be fine to stain that fence whenever. Just rent/borrow a power washer then stain away.

Only problem is I have the raised beds along its perimeter so I will be trying to shove plants to the side in order to paint. .. that and I probably need to take all the rabbit fencing off.. or I can just paint over it lol. 

I see that little frost did nothing. Now those beasts are built to last for sure... And today was the last cold day we will have all year, at least up where I'm at. I know it's usually a little warmer in your area. Mine have been outside the last two days with no issues taking in the sun, let's get it goin

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
i got a bit of sunscald on a few leaves yesterday too :mope:

confident the plants will bounce back quickly though
garden is looking good man

:cheers:
GIP

Yea i'm sure they will, could use some this rain in the forecast. Also need to invest in a shade cloth for the greenhouse to cool it down a bit. Averaging 120f during the day. Not sure how well plants will produce pods at those temps. 

Devv said:
They'll shake the sunburn off and rock from there. It's a rare deal not to get some here and there no matter how hard you try to harden them off. Unless you don't work and just like to haul them around all day.... :rolleyes:

It was pretty handy when I wasn't working because I could do just that. This year the plants have been pretty neglected. 

I woke up way too early considering i'm on night shifts so I did some work in the garden. Planted out the rest of my Aji's that I got from duffy and my aji jobitos. Potted up a few plants I plan on keeping isolated in the greenhouse if weather and temps will permit. 

uju6Qcq.jpg

DT4syyK.jpg

Also potted up The P. Dreadie bonnet into a 2 or 3 gallon pot

SlrjBxB.jpg

Here's the rest in pots

7pot burgundy X CGN-21500

ub0wHyW.jpg

GfRClaM.jpg

zLQ5e7g.jpg

Aji Amarillo X Caribbean red habanero going to be a big one. 

OwWWFmd.jpg

Peter S said:
Those look nice! I really like the Orange Wild Brazil and P. Dreadie Scotch Bonnet.

Thanks, I still need to start some Regular Wild brazil seeds and some the CGN 24360  and maybe some pequins to keep in the greenhouse or maybe hydro unit. Wouldn't mind doing a few pequin crosses. 
Ordered some shade cloth last night to cover the greenhouse, hopefully bring it down a few degrees. 

Back