• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D3's 2016 Growlog

Well 2016 is already fast approaching and it's time to start thinking about what to grow this coming year. Last year I started seeds in mid Dec and was running out of room for plants by the time plant out finally came. I think this year I will start the majority in January. 

I was going through my seeds to send to a few and figured it was time to start formulating a list of what I want to grow. 
There was a lot that I grew 2015 that while ok, I didn't see myself growing again and a few that definitaly made the grow list again. a few off the top my head being paper lantern, baha goats and moa bonnets. Just the right heat levels and great as smoked powders. 

Here is my non official ever changing list. (so much for having a smaller grow this year...) Edited 1-6 to reflect actual current list. 

Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-4   Mystery Wine - Joyner
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-6   Moa Bonnet Yellow- mine
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Moa Bonnet Red- Jcw10tc
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Aji Mango- Ozzy
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-7   Bahamian Goat (pheno from last year with nice tail) mine
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Mako Kokoo - jcw10tc
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Habanero Hot Lemon - Semillas
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-3   Cor De Laranja - Semillas
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Murupi Amarela- Scorched
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-4   Cream Fatalii - Cone9
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-4   7pot Peach - jcw10tc
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Ice scream scorp - jcw10tc
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-3   Habanero Laranjada Grande - Semillas
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-3   Peach Bhut - jcw10tc
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-6   BG7 Chocolate - Jcw10tc
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-18 Mystery Citrus- Grant
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-13 Pimente De Breese- smileyguy697
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:        Pimenta bode loranja- smileyguy697
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-13 Goatsweed - Hogleg
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:        Douglah X Butch T f4- Hogleg
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-15Trinidad Scorpion CARDI Yellow - Cone9
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:        SB7J Yellow - Ozzy2001
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-12 Beni Highlands - Jcw10tc
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-18 7pot Burgundy- mine
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-13 Carolina Yellow Hab - Jcw10tc
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-15 Aji Omni Color- Ajijoe
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-15 Bolsa de Ducle- mine
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-15 Queen Laurie - Cone9
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-15 Aji ahuachapau - Jcw10tc
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-16 Red Primo- Jcw10tc
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-13 Carbonero- Tony Sherwood
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-18 Devils Brain - Jcw10tc

Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Sugar rush peach- Scorched
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Sugar rush cream- Scorched
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Aji Dulce Rosita- Cheri
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Hot Rod Serrano X Maui Purple f1- Freeportbum
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        7pod orange x Cbbg7 f1- Freeportbum
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Aji Dulce Jobito - Cheri
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Aji Fantasy White- PeterS
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:1-20 Paper Lantern Hab
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Cherry Bomb- grocery store
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Big Jim- Santis
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Mata frade- 
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Yellow Jalapeno- 
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Aji Pineapple
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:1-20 Yellow Tepin
                    Sprout:1-30 P. Dreadie Select Bonnet

My Crosses- See Crossing Thread

Flowering/producing      Aji Pineapple x Butch T yellow f1   maybe f2 if lucky already flowering
Flowering/producing      Butch T yellow x Bahaminan goat f1  maybe f2 if lucky already frowering
Flowering/producing      Paper Lantern X Butch T yellow f1  maybe f2 if lucky already flowering
Flowering/producing      Not a 7pot y X Butch T yellow f1  maybe f2 of lucky already flowering
Flowering/producing      Carbonero X Butch T yellow f1  maybe f2 if lucky already flowering
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-6    7pot Burgundy X Mystery (I crossed it and forgot to write it down. I think it's CGN 21500 )
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5    Lemon drop X Inca Berry f1 
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-6    Aji amarillo X Caribbean red hab f1

I was going through my seeds and found some Wild Brazil x Habanero.

Last year I grew some Tabanaga (Tabasco X Dorset Naga)

They were great. Wish I grew them this year. I think next year will be the year of the crosses. This is a pic from Hippy Seed Company

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 55
OCD Chilehead said:
I was going through my seeds and found some Wild Brazil x Habanero.

Last year I grew some Tabanaga (Tabasco X Dorset Naga)

They were great. Wish I grew them this year. I think next year will be the year of the crosses. This is a pic from Hippy Seed Company

Ooo you should totally grow the wild brazil x habs... I'd love to see what they look/taste like. 

Looking good Mike! Nice cross-section of varieties too. I'll have to keep an eye here to see how the Queen Laurie does for you... I've been interested in that variety but never grown it. Cheers!

stickman said:
Looking good Mike! Nice cross-section of varieties too. I'll have to keep an eye here to see how the Queen Laurie does for you... I've been interested in that variety but never grown it. Cheers!
Thanks, it's a first for me as well. So far it is growing like a weed. I'll send you some pods to try this summer if you remind me. I tend to be rather forgetful.

D3monic said:
Thanks, it's a first for me as well. So far it is growing like a weed. I'll send you some pods to try this summer if you remind me. I tend to be rather forgetful.

I hear ya on the "forgetful" part bro... when you have as many irons in the fire as we have, it's tough to remember everything. Lol! When the time comes, maybe we could do a swap... I'm planting 40 Gochu plants so it shouldn't be a problem... ;)

Shade cloth arrived for the greenhouse today, just waiting on the bungee cords. 

I'm seeing lots of signs of spider mites all over the plants, little micro webs between all the flowers and stuff. Same as last year. I'll hit it with some azamax here in the next few days. 

Got a couple more seeds soaking that i'm going to over winter or put in the hydro

UGoMzwV.jpg

I'm curious, what percent did you buy? and from where?

I use 30% shade cloth over 1,600 square feet of the garden here. If I don't I get sun scald on the peppers and tomatoes. It goes up in May and stays as long as I grow, latest is September. I've been using the greenhouse mega store.

It sure makes a huge difference!

Devv said:
I'm curious, what percent did you buy? and from where?

I use 30% shade cloth over 1,600 square feet of the garden here. If I don't I get sun scald on the peppers and tomatoes. It goes up in May and stays as long as I grow, latest is September. I've been using the greenhouse mega store.

It sure makes a huge difference!

I ordered it off amazon, it's just a 8 x12' section of 40% agfabric the name http://www.amazon.com/Agfabric-Prefabricated-Sunblock-Gromments-Greenhouse/dp/B01EW8YTOI?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

OCD Chilehead said:
Nice to see some seed's soaking.

Maybe, just maybe I should..............

Nevermind, I better stop while I'm ahead.

hahaha there's always room for a few more mwhahahahaha

I told myself I wasn't going to grow those this year but kept feeling like I was missing something. 

So now i'll have a handful of similar peppers to overwinter. 

Grants mystery citrus
cumari do para (hopefully, only had two seeds left)
wild brazil
orange wild brazil
piquin - I always said I wouldn't grow these since I can get dried at the market but changed my mind. Co worker has some his dad grows from mexico and after having some fresh ones I couldn't resist. That and I want to try them in a cross or two. 

Back