• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D3's 2016 Growlog

Well 2016 is already fast approaching and it's time to start thinking about what to grow this coming year. Last year I started seeds in mid Dec and was running out of room for plants by the time plant out finally came. I think this year I will start the majority in January. 

I was going through my seeds to send to a few and figured it was time to start formulating a list of what I want to grow. 
There was a lot that I grew 2015 that while ok, I didn't see myself growing again and a few that definitaly made the grow list again. a few off the top my head being paper lantern, baha goats and moa bonnets. Just the right heat levels and great as smoked powders. 

Here is my non official ever changing list. (so much for having a smaller grow this year...) Edited 1-6 to reflect actual current list. 

Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-4   Mystery Wine - Joyner
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-6   Moa Bonnet Yellow- mine
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Moa Bonnet Red- Jcw10tc
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Aji Mango- Ozzy
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-7   Bahamian Goat (pheno from last year with nice tail) mine
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Mako Kokoo - jcw10tc
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Habanero Hot Lemon - Semillas
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-3   Cor De Laranja - Semillas
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Murupi Amarela- Scorched
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-4   Cream Fatalii - Cone9
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-4   7pot Peach - jcw10tc
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Ice scream scorp - jcw10tc
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-3   Habanero Laranjada Grande - Semillas
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-3   Peach Bhut - jcw10tc
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-6   BG7 Chocolate - Jcw10tc
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-18 Mystery Citrus- Grant
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-13 Pimente De Breese- smileyguy697
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:        Pimenta bode loranja- smileyguy697
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-13 Goatsweed - Hogleg
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:        Douglah X Butch T f4- Hogleg
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-15Trinidad Scorpion CARDI Yellow - Cone9
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:        SB7J Yellow - Ozzy2001
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-12 Beni Highlands - Jcw10tc
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-18 7pot Burgundy- mine
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-13 Carolina Yellow Hab - Jcw10tc
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-15 Aji Omni Color- Ajijoe
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-15 Bolsa de Ducle- mine
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-15 Queen Laurie - Cone9
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-15 Aji ahuachapau - Jcw10tc
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-16 Red Primo- Jcw10tc
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-13 Carbonero- Tony Sherwood
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-18 Devils Brain - Jcw10tc

Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Sugar rush peach- Scorched
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Sugar rush cream- Scorched
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Aji Dulce Rosita- Cheri
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Hot Rod Serrano X Maui Purple f1- Freeportbum
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        7pod orange x Cbbg7 f1- Freeportbum
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Aji Dulce Jobito - Cheri
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Aji Fantasy White- PeterS
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:1-20 Paper Lantern Hab
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Cherry Bomb- grocery store
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Big Jim- Santis
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Mata frade- 
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Yellow Jalapeno- 
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Aji Pineapple
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:1-20 Yellow Tepin
                    Sprout:1-30 P. Dreadie Select Bonnet

My Crosses- See Crossing Thread

Flowering/producing      Aji Pineapple x Butch T yellow f1   maybe f2 if lucky already flowering
Flowering/producing      Butch T yellow x Bahaminan goat f1  maybe f2 if lucky already frowering
Flowering/producing      Paper Lantern X Butch T yellow f1  maybe f2 if lucky already flowering
Flowering/producing      Not a 7pot y X Butch T yellow f1  maybe f2 of lucky already flowering
Flowering/producing      Carbonero X Butch T yellow f1  maybe f2 if lucky already flowering
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-6    7pot Burgundy X Mystery (I crossed it and forgot to write it down. I think it's CGN 21500 )
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5    Lemon drop X Inca Berry f1 
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-6    Aji amarillo X Caribbean red hab f1

grantmichaels said:
Go MC, go ...

I think it's going to stay rather small this year. I will overwinter it though and hopefully next year it will be a nice bush. Going to container and overwinter wild brazil, orange wild brazil and mystery citrus. Maybe even cumari do para again. 

D3monic said:

I think it's going to stay rather small this year. I will overwinter it though and hopefully next year it will be a nice bush. Going to container and overwinter wild brazil, orange wild brazil and mystery citrus. Maybe even cumari do para again. 

Cool. It was sooooo long ago now that I had an MC pod, and so close to the beginning of hot peppers for me, that I really just hope they are as tasty as I remember - for me, and for everyone else ...

D3monic said:
I'll send you a sfrb this summer of all the tiny pods and some the crosses to try out. 

I can't even imagine trying to free those skins from their immense seed cargo to make a sauce, but I'd give it hell, anyways ...

Think I'd make a single bottle in the Magic Bullet and a pyrex flask over a butane burner or some shit, LOL ...

grantmichaels said:

I can't even imagine trying to free those skins from their immense seed cargo to make a sauce, but I'd give it hell, anyways ...

Think I'd make a single bottle in the Magic Bullet and a pyrex flask over a butane burner or some shit, LOL ...

mash and strain? It would take a small army of plants to make a sauce lol

Damn you Saturday ruining my plant out. Supposed to be 15-25mph winds and low of 36f. Too iffy for me. 

ju7bgRA.png

D3monic said:

mash and strain? It would take a small army of plants to make a sauce lol

I'd just make it using lab equipment ...

I have burners, stands, and glassware etc ...

I use it for coffee on the regular ...

We use to have a crazy amount of toads here. You could here them trilling all night, not sure what happened but not a one to be found anymore here.

FreeportBum said:
We use to have a crazy amount of toads here. You could here them trilling all night, not sure what happened but not a one to be found anymore here.

development and yard treatments mostly I assume. Also hard for them to burrow in sod. I've tried to create small sanctuary for them. I've seen similar issues before in previous subdivisions. They was prolific until the sub was fully developed and then they just go extinct. 

It's pretty light in my area, does it look like you've got leaf damage? If you do, I'm sure your roots are fine so they may just take a little bit to bounce back. Ughh

Genetikx said:
It's pretty light in my area, does it look like you've got leaf damage? If you do, I'm sure your roots are fine so they may just take a little bit to bounce back. Ughh

Yea it's pretty light here too, I was running late for work so didn't get much a chance to inspect them but from what I seen looking out the window it didn't appear that many leaves where droopy or anything. Most the frost seemed to be on hard surfaces like my greenhouse..... which doesn't insulate heat very well. It was 37f inside the greenhouse according to my sensor. 

Ok, i'm at a computer and able to post the pics. 

1ZWJw8e.jpg

r4bgLC9.jpg

Baccatums: Aji Mango, Aji pineapple, Bolsa de dulce, sugar rush cream, sugar rush peach, aji auachapa (spelling) 

hPFZcZY.jpg

Annums: Jalapeno, yellow jalapeno, big jim, cherry bomb, cayenne , pablano, hot rod serrano X maui purple

ziE5kAz.jpg

Devils brain, aji omni color, twig of a Cbbg7, 7pot burgundy X CGN-21500, Cor de laranga

kTMHpHP.jpg

Moa bonnet yellow, moa bonnet red, P dreadie bonnet, bahamian goat forgot what two in back are

EONEQ5p.jpg

3 paper lantern X butch t yellow on left. Front right is Lemon drop X inca berry and behind it the Not 7pot ybs X butch T yellow. 

KccTaDn.jpg

3 Carbonero X Butch T yellow. 

8kl5JOq.jpg

Paper lantern hab, habanero hot lemon, ummm... I forgot.... lol.. it's the habs. 

s4ck6i2.jpg

Hot rod serrano X maui purple

vYZLYvu.jpg

MjmhYGt.jpg

I picked up 3 bags of that soil ozzy recommended at Walmart. Color looks good, I need some perlite and maybe pine fines to mix in. 

That's a great garden you have. Awesome setup. Lots of stress relief going on there.

How do you like the drip irrigation? Looks nice and neat.

Good luck with your grow and keep up the cross breeding.

Back