beer D3's Newb Brew

Nope that's all malt no nuts. I actually got to sit next to the brew master at a lunch I had there at Schneider when I was in Germany.

And RM, that's the Aventinus eisbock, not the regular Aventinus.

Yeah, that was the picture that was posted, anyways here's the Unser Aventinus

Unser%20Aventinus_zpsp6wpz22u.png

Hum, looks like the same bill :)

D3monic said:
When I get paid i'll see if I can find that aventinus, sounds good but having nut allergies I hate descriptions that indicate a nuttiness. Rationally I know there's not actually nuts in it but i'm not very rational and get scared lol. 

warsteiner is ok, i'm still craving the salty banana bread taste of the weizenbock I had. 
I get loads of boozy apricots and brown sugar from the aventinus

Two bottles of the kickass wheat I brewed chilling in fridge, stopped at local grocery and grabbed a folly pack. 

Two Crooked tree which I really like and some hopalicious to try new

I really liked Moonglow by victory so picked up two of their other brews to try (haven't seen moonglow since I fell for it)
Winter Cheers, Hop devil and some chainbreaker white ipa that has an absurd amount of floaties I didn't notice in the store. 

In the meantime i'm drinking a bomber of gumball head before I head off to bed. 

Baking a ham (raining all day don't feel like smoking) and making some sweet potato rolls later. YUM!

D3monic said:
Victory seems to get better scores on beer advocate. Will see when I try these this afternoon. They very well could creep into favorite brand range

I haven't loved the couple of Victory brews I've had, but it's only been a couple of them, and they came from the grocery store so who knows about their care ...

wheebz said:
one of my favorite breweries

their prima pils when its fresh is in the top 25 for me. My second favorite pilsner

Yeah, I've seen you and JayT talk about it, which is why I was cautious ...

I have some bottles in my keezer of their Storm King Stout and it's not all that good, but again, I bought it from Publix ...

Publix manages to make Negra Modelo taste like ass sometimes, so I'm comfy blaming them ...

yea these was at the local grocery as well, they keep the folleys warm and sitting out isle style. They do have a big walk in fridge but mostly cases in there. 

Cap poppin time. 

TAZETEE

I'll post a pic in the craft beer thread, I think ...

Nice, though ... real nice.

The Gumballhead's another game-changer for my increasing acceptance of hoppy beers ...

Cracked a home brew, the color is ok and carbonation... but sniff test produced hints of hot garbage can on a sunny day. Acrid metallic taste. Didn't swallow and drain poured. ... I must of fcked up at one or more points.  :(   Going forward I will wait until I have a good SS pot and not the crappy tamale aluminum pot. 

Victories winter cheer. Not a big step up... don't really care for it. Hard to name any flavors... of course I started drinking with a IPA so it's going to be hard to like any other beers for the night. 

grantmichaels said:
They get better and better ...

I'm assuming at some point there was contamination adding to the hot garbage odor. I sanitized the hell out of everything. The metallic taste i'm sure is from cheap aluminum pot. 

I feel bad it didn't turn out well since 1010 spent so much on it but I mean, it got me a lot of necessary equipment parts and interested in it so there's that I guess. I assume by summer i'll have it nailed down and a proper burner and pots.
Did I mention I enjoyed hop devil? Not any more or less than any the other IPA's i've had but it wasn't bad. I think I like crooked tree more and 3 floyds zombie dust on the top of that list... hell even alpha king the APA ranks higher. 

Back