beer D3's Newb Brew

D3monic said:

I'm assuming at some point there was contamination adding to the hot garbage odor. I sanitized the hell out of everything. The metallic taste i'm sure is from cheap aluminum pot. 

I feel bad it didn't turn out well since 1010 spent so much on it but I mean, it got me a lot of necessary equipment parts and interested in it so there's that I guess. I assume by summer i'll have it nailed down and a proper burner and pots.

Did I mention I enjoyed hop devil? Not any more or less than any the other IPA's i've had but it wasn't bad. I think I like crooked tree more and 3 floyds zombie dust on the top of that list... hell even alpha king the APA ranks higher. 

I'm going to send you the two remaining BBS Blueberry Red Ale's or whatever the fuck they were ...

If nothing else you can use them to go through the motions ...

1010 didn't love the beer, I will never brew them as single gallons, and I'm not going to send them to JHP since 1010 didn't like them and I told JHP I'd send him a grain bag/kit for something along the lines of my Red-Eye ...

The wifey loves blueberry. Maybe she would get into that. 

Poured a glass of chain breaker, not to bad overall. Coriander really comes through in the taste. Lot's of floaties though

Zero lacing

wheebz said:
only beer that I should have floaties in is a hefe or bottle conditioned whatever, and if you pour it right, you shouldnt have floaties in your bottle conditioned stuff

If Wayne wasn't kind of a dick, I'd ask more questions ...

The Funky Buddha Nib Smuggler is a tasty beer, but it's riddled w/ the shit too ...

wheebz said:
yea wayne is kind of a dick unless you get to know him

the guys at CCB are pretty cocky about their stuff

yup ... but only the small batch stuff is that good ...

and i can tell he's ok in truth, from FB, but kind of rocks that Rockstar ego ...

it's Okay, i know it cause I rock it myself when i can ...

i don't hate, i just am cautious about interacting too much with him, and giving him the chance to upset me and deprive me of being able to enjoy some of his beer ...

most all of their canned stuff is crap, and i mean that truthfully - not that good ...

I brewed the Brooklyn Brew Shop Summer Wheat a while back ...

43b1ce0e8e3946405d72aea20566062d.jpg

It's seriously quaffable ... which is good, because I need to drink a gallon or more tomorrow night while I brew ...

Got any blends for wheats?

Back