• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Damn, I think I've been Bit By A Brown Recluse

Pam said:
Stop picking at it!

Keep taking your medicine and putting compresses on it.
At this point, I'm not picking at it. After I lift the compress it's leaking out. I clean that up and more appears. Then I add a little pressure and it finishes up. I stop once the liquid becomes clear.

A half an hour later comes another compress which pulls more stuff out. I'm thinking this is a good thing because it looks like the lumps going down a little since this started a few hours ago. All that toxic stuff has been festering and now my bodies going, "Out, damn spot, out!".

Tomarrow will be an interesting day and I know I'm going to get at least 100 people at work on Monday going, "What happened to your face dude?"

On a seperate note, I went down to the grocery store earlier today....boy did I get staired at and double taked left and right. This must be what midgets feel like when they go out. "They're all stairing at me"

: puts on phantom of the opera mask and walks away to take some of his "medication" :

Intensity Academy said:
But still no beer...I feel for ya'!
No beer until THURSDAY!!! For a alcoholic like me, this is tough. The first day was REAAAAAALLY rough. Today I still want one but not as bad as yesturday. Sunday's a brewery football day for me and will be extra hard.

Ouch man. One of my good friends got bitten by a brown recluse recently on his bicep - said it was terrible. I'm a severe arachnophobe myself, so at the first sign of a single spiderweb I whip out matches and bugspray. Nothing like a quick flamethrower to get rid of pests...

Also, from what you just described it was DEFINATELY a brown recluse. If someone wants to see somewhat what he described (warning, very graphic!) google "Spider Bite" in the videos section. You've got the right one if it's a guy draining a bite on his chin.

Thanks all for the speculation, kind words, hopes, posative thoughts, and words of advice.

Work up with a 99.8 temp (so it's still very high) and was dizzy and nausiated. I htink that's because I have no food in me, but we'll see. I'm contimplating a trip to the emergency room (which is horrible because I have no money and insurance. I do have my mom's credit card number and if they call and verify it with her maybe they can bill me using the cc as collateral).

chilliman64 said:
it sounds like a boil... if it is it's ok to drink beer

I think it's the antibiotic, not the bite that makes drinking a beer a no no. I got a very resistant cellulites around a scrape on my elbow once, and was put on a very powerful antibiotic with the same kind of restrictions that imaguitargod is on.

IGG, check the side effects on that antibiotic, the dizziness and nausea might be from it and not the bite infection. Are you taking it with food?

Situation Update: Less dizzy now that I got some food in me. About to take my next dose of pills. My neck is tender to the touch and my jaw still isn't opening all the way.

Image updates: Taken 2 minutes ago. Notice how it's all moved into that one section (first pic)

facebite2oy4.jpg

facebite3vv9.jpg

Damn, this really hurts.

Pam said:
I think it's the antibiotic, not the bite that makes drinking a beer a no no. I got a very resistant cellulites around a scrape on my elbow once, and was put on a very powerful antibiotic with the same kind of restrictions that imaguitargod is on.
Pam is correct. Alcohol basically negates the effects of the anti-biotic. Beleive me, if that wern't he case, I'd be drunk right now to kill the pain.

Pam said:
IGG, check the side effects on that antibiotic, the dizziness and nausea might be from it and not the bite infection. Are you taking it with food?
Yes, those are two of the side-effects of the anti-biotic (Levaquin, 500 MG, once a day for 10 days). I am taking it with food (because it's too hard on my stomich if it's empty...I don't think I've ever mentioned my stomach problems before have I? I have both over active acid production and when combined with all the RX drugs I took throughout my childhood has eaten away alot of my stomach lining).

But then again (I'm pritty confident to say this is a brown recluse bite with a bacterial infection) it could be the poisin waking it's way out of my system. I've never been poisined before...now I know it sucks.

DISCLAIMER: I hope I'm not annoying anyone with the constant updates on my condition. This is giving me a place to vent the VERY LARGE amount of anxiaty I am having and all your comments are calming me down and giving me something to read (besides my books and interet reading). I've been through some very tough things in my life and this is starting to work it's way up into the top 8 worst things that's happened to me. Plus it's on my freakin' face! Not to be vain or anything, but that's MY FACE! And everyone's looking at me! I can't hide it and I have to go to work tomarrow. :onfire:

Of course we don't mind! Or, if anyone does, send them to me and I shall chastise them soundly. If it's draining, though, that's good, it's progress. If it wouldn't drain, they would have to lance it. Big, big Ow!

What you need to do for the staring masses make up a good story. Drool a little bit and stagger in to work moaning "Run, run, the pod people sucked out my brain!"

Or, if people ask what's wrong with your face, look puzzled and say "What do you mean? Is there something wrong with my face?"

C'mon, you're an actor, you can come up with something.

Man, that's looking pretty bad. I wouldn't go to the emergency room just yet, but if it gets much worse I'd say definately go. As for being worried about the updates, don't sweat it! It's good that you're updating, that way we won't have that precarious wait for answers or status updates that some people that are sick tend to have.

As for the face problem, I agree with Pam - find a humorous way to cover it up, but make sure to tell them what it actually is. I see your co-workers (though I don't know them and won't pretend to) as being more worried about your bite than amused by it. >.>

Trexxen said:
Man, that's looking pretty bad. I wouldn't go to the emergency room just yet, but if it gets much worse I'd say definately go. As for being worried about the updates, don't sweat it! It's good that you're updating, that way we won't have that precarious wait for answers or status updates that some people that are sick tend to have.

As for the face problem, I agree with Pam - find a humorous way to cover it up, but make sure to tell them what it actually is. I see your co-workers (though I don't know them and won't pretend to) as being more worried about your bite than amused by it. >.>

Come tomarrow I'll be at work and won't update much, so don't be worried that I died :onfire:

Ya, my coworkers are quite fun loving guys but when it comes down to something serious they put on their "Oh shoot dude! That sucks! I hope you are going to be ok" faces.

I am probably going to pick up some qause and paper tape to cover it up as to not gross anyone out.

Word to the wise, don't buy a $2.99 digital thermomitor. They don't work. Well, at least mine doesn't work. It says I've got a temp of 101.5. BS! I had my roommate do the "hand test" and he said I didn't feel hot at all. Besides, I would be going into cold sweats by then and I'm not....piece of junk.

I ate again, got hydrated, and let my system start attaking the food. Now I just did my compress and gentully pushed the crap out of my face until it was 95% blood that came out. Then hydrogen peroxide on the area. It looks remarkably smaller now. But boy did that get me dizzy.

It's akin to the feeling where you are just about to drift off to sleep under anastezia. That's how I feel right now.

imaguitargod said:
I ate again, got hydrated, and let my system start attaking the food. Now I just did my compress and gentully pushed the crap out of my face until it was 95% blood that came out. Then hydrogen peroxide on the area. It looks remarkably smaller now. But boy did that get me dizzy.

It's akin to the feeling where you are just about to drift off to sleep under anastezia. That's how I feel right now.
About a half an hour after sapping the wound I took a little nap, and by nap I mean lay on my left side, close my eyes a lay feeling dizzy.

I noticed my cheak felt wet and got up an hour later. Blood had dribbled down from the wound, over the side of my face and into my beard. God damn I looked like a horror show. Well, at least we know the fluid sac is draining on it's own.

My face is feeling less painful now too but I'm really dizzy. Must need more food.

I didn't mean that a possible insect bite would react with alcohol, rather he may be able to cease the antibiotic treatment and get drunk instead. funny how posts read exactly what you mean to yourself but others can read them differently. I wonder how long before someone invents a forum where you post sound bytes instead of the written word...

chilliman64 said:
I didn't mean that a possible insect bite would react with alcohol, rather he may be able to cease the antibiotic treatment and get drunk instead. funny how posts read exactly what you mean to yourself but others can read them differently. I wonder how long before someone invents a forum where you post sound bytes instead of the written word...
Wow, how cool would that be. I would join that forum.

Back