• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Damn, I think I've been Bit By A Brown Recluse

imaguitargod said:
Situation Update: Well, it's been a little over 4 months and the thing still gives me problems. It's sore from time to time and slightly red in color. I now have a nice little scar there too.

It's going to bother you for the rest of your life, bro. Your body can never get rid of the venom(and it doesnt), and just like having shingles it will make appearances from time to time. The bite may flare up now and then, or it could even be something like having hives for a bit.

Awwwwwwww! hon!!!!! get well soon!
You got aloe vera growing in your garden? Its an amazing plant for curing skin problems, If not cure it will cool the swelling down! I can send you a plant If you want................

Sickmont said:
It's going to bother you for the rest of your life, bro. Your body can never get rid of the venom(and it doesnt), and just like having shingles it will make appearances from time to time. The bite may flare up now and then, or it could even be something like having hives for a bit.
REALLY?!?!?! I didn't know that, I thought the vemon works it's way out of your body after a while. Do you have a link to an article one that? That would explain the senitivity in that area.

Biscombe said:
Awwwwwwww! hon!!!!! get well soon!
You got aloe vera growing in your garden? Its an amazing plant for curing skin problems, If not cure it will cool the swelling down! I can send you a plant If you want................
Thank you. It's an on and off thing so, if past instances are correct, I'll et better. It hurt last night and it's sore tonight. I'm looking foward to it not hurting tomarrow (cross my fingers).

As for the aloe plant, I had one in LA but do not have one here in Cleveland. I'm going to hit up the local nurseries and see if I can't locate one. Thanks for offering to send me one ;)

Biscombe said:
Mind you, I live in Spain it could take a while to get to you......

I actually might be traveling through Spain in a few months, you must pm me some good spicey places to visit!

texas blues said:
IGG...where have you been bro...yeah I know Ohio...and then on to the Queens Island...
We need an update!
Cheers, TB.
I've been here the whole time. I've been posting too, keep a look out for me!

imaguitargod said:
REALLY?!?!?! I didn't know that, I thought the vemon works it's way out of your body after a while. Do you have a link to an article one that? That would explain the senitivity in that area.

I don't have a link per se, but rather i have a dear friend who got nailed in the face by one about 2 or so months ago. She's been doing all the research on 'em and what happens. If youwant, PM me and i'll give you her e-mail address.

Here's one of her myspace blogs about the hives and what else is going on with her:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=44418838&blogID=350458157

I have a bite on my back. It doesn't hurt at all, but it is like having a small bb or something buried under the skin. There has been just a slight bump and discoloration for about 6 years now. Small and unnoticeable unless i run my hand over it.

Everyone's is different depending on how sensetive you are. The initial bite was about quarter size.

cheezydemon said:
I have a bite on my back. It doesn't hurt at all, but it is like having a small bb or something buried under the skin. There has been just a slight bump and discoloration for about 6 years now. Small and unnoticeable unless i run my hand over it.

Everyone's is different depending on how sensetive you are. The initial bite was about quarter size.
That actually sounds like a cyst.

cheezydemon said:
It's not. It is where I was bit.
OH! Sorry, I miss read the post.

stillmanz said:
IGG I was lookin at your page what were you on Jerry Springer for? lol

Great page by the way.
They hired me on as a guest (read: actor). My mom went on with me.....funny stuff.

cheezydemon said:
Since we are on the subject (but off topic, Oh who cares?)

Did you really do Resident Evil 2 as a theatrical play?
We always go off topic here, it's almost expected ;)

I played a zopmbie for the Resident Evil Presentation at the E3 convention in Los Angeles about 4 years ago. They dressed us up (make up and all) and released us out onto the floor. We proceeded to stumble about (sometimes crawl) and mess with people. I even played some video game demos with people in a zombie like fassion. The head guy who owns Activision ended up playing me in a video game and then took a picture of me with him (he got a kick out of it). While it wasn't an actual theatrical play, it was a big acting gig so up onto the resume it went.

The make up they used on me also had a "slit throat" which was perfect because I have complete controll of my adam's apple (which is unusally huge....you know what they say about guys with big adam's apples right? Good, please fill me in because I don't know the answer to that question...heheh). I would walk infront of people and make this gasping, gurgling sound and wiggle my adams apple causing the make up to move and flap open and closed. REALLY grossed people out. HA!

That is actually pretty cool. I must admit I had envisioned you renting a local playhouse and acting out Mila Jojovich's lines for 5 or 6 morbidly curious attendees lol.

That would be cool too in it's own way.

cheezydemon said:
That is actually pretty cool. I must admit I had envisioned you renting a local playhouse and acting out Mila Jojovich's lines for 5 or 6 morbidly curious attendees lol.

That would be cool too in it's own way.
Bwahahaha! Now that would be classic!

Back