contest December Throwdown Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am amazed at how many people don't understand Cajun......

....but DO seem to know 900 ways to make a curry. :crazy:

I think because every time you see it on a travel or cooking show the locals pound it into the audience that it is IMPOSSIBLE (allegedly) for it to be cooked outside the region, in fact I have seen shows were the locals fight over whos is more authentic depending on what part of town your from. Not to mention the "Authentic Ingredients" aren't available here.

But hell I am keen to improvise.

Cajun and Creole style cooking is one of the main reasons we want to head to the US for a visit, it just looks so YUMMY.

I think because every time you see it on a travel or cooking show the locals pound it into the audience that it is IMPOSSIBLE (allegedly) for it to be cooked outside the region, in fact I have seen shows were the locals fight over whos is more authentic depending on what part of town your from. Not to mention the "Authentic Ingredients" aren't available here.

But hell I am keen to improvise.

Cajun and Creole style cooking is one of the main reasons we want to head to the US for a visit, it just looks so YUMMY.

It's not impossible to be cooked outside the region, just improbable. I rarely eat anything called cajun north of Alexandria, LA. I always ask does the cooks name rhyme with O? Is his first name at least Pierre or Jean?

It's not impossible to be cooked outside the region, just improbable. I rarely eat anything called cajun north of Alexandria, LA. I always ask does the cooks name rhyme with O? Is his first name at least Pierre or Jean?

Is that saying that a person living in Iowa, New Zealand or Malaysia can't cook authentic cajun just because they don't live in that region at the moment?

We're not talking about finding an authentic creole restaurant to eat at, we're talking about home cooking.

Hot Stuff, this ain't a competition to compete with any chef in LA, it's all about folks having fun cookin, doing a good presentation and the THP members gettin to vote on what they like. If it is a cajun TD, jump in ,love to see great dishes.

Hope everybody has a great Thanksgiving with family and friends here in the US or where ever you're gathering and Happy Thursday 11/25 to everybody else.

Hell yeah I am looking forward to it too.

Ps I am gonna bake me a pumpkin pie this weekend too. Last year April made one but put way too much clover in it.

Are we still discussing cajun/creole options?

We've been looking at recipes and ideas, and have some pretty good ideas to work with. Would like to see the meat list not limited to the 5 choices The Boss suggested. Would like to see it open to any meat. jmho-

Happy Turkeyday Everyone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back