contest December Throwdown Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, dog-gone-it, RocketLady just said ain't no stinkin Armadillo getting cooked in her house. SOOOoooooooooo, I guess it's back to chicken or oysters.

Is that saying that a person living in Iowa, New Zealand or Malaysia can't cook authentic cajun just because they don't live in that region at the moment?

We're not talking about finding an authentic creole restaurant to eat at, we're talking about home cooking.

I thought I said it's not impossible, just improbable.

Anyone who can cook decently can probably cook Cajun.

Hot Stuff, this ain't a competition to compete with any chef in LA, it's all about folks having fun cookin, doing a good presentation and the THP members gettin to vote on what they like. If it is a cajun TD, jump in ,love to see great dishes.
. . . .

Yeah and??

Yeah, anyone can cook better that LA chefs. Louisiana chefs on the other hand is a completely different matter.

I offer my humble opinion...... Cajun cooking is not difficult but on the other hand the devil is in the details as we all know. Same with BBQ and making beer. Hello.

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and may the traditions prevail.

Our tradition is to make turkey sausage gumbo with the leftovers and I humbly show images of mine below. I did have the advantage of graduating for LSU and also marrying into a Louisiana family.

Here is the gumbo I made tonight along with the "basics" which I consider the absolute building blocks along with the Holy Trinity not shown (onion, celery, and bell pepper). Garlic is of course also basic. The wife doesn't like it real "hot" but I usually fix that on the side with Tabasco, pepper powder, etc.

Happy Holidays!

012.jpg

011-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

Justin, yes. Emeril, Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back