• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Defcon haters? WTF?

Don't know what to tell you man. We process a number of e-checks on a regular basis. Money orders are fine, and I do apologize for you having to use one. I'm not a very computer-savvy person, so I'm kind of at a loss why you're getting the above screen.

Blister said:
On a side note, my dad REALLY liked defcon1. He also liked defcon2 but because he's not initiated to the pepper world, he couldn't really take the heat.

Thats kind of odd because Defcon 1 is wwwwaaaaayyyy hotter than Defcon 2.

Sickmont said:

Beware! We are working on a little something for a small batch release. Just think, "The Dark Side".... :hell:

Stay tuned........

Sickmont said:

:oops: I meant to say Defcon 3 NOT 1. I had a brain fart.

defconwings.jpg

I had the wings last night. I made up a small sampler batch of each - 1, 2, and 3 - as well as a couple with a novelty sauce called Dumb Ass Hot Sauce in our little turbo oven. It's a convection oven that does a great job of cooking evenly as well as keep the juices in.

I was kinda hoping that the Defcon sauces would be the most god awful, gut wrenching crap I've ever tasted (because I have to special order it from a few provinces away :( ), but it was really good. Like I meant to say in my messed up post above, dad really liked the Defcon 3. My girlfriend liked DC2 the best while I'm kinda torn between #2 and #1. I didn't find #1 as hot as I thought it was going to be, but it did provide a pretty sweet burn and gave me the sweats.

I wish I could buy this stuff locally. We used to have a few shops that sold all kinds of different hot sauces, but they were just selling them on the side and went out of business quite awhile ago. I guess my small supply of Defcon 1-3 will have to be "Special Occasion" sauces :(

DEFCON Creator said:
Beware! We are working on a little something for a small batch release. Just think, "The Dark Side".... :hell:

Stay tuned........
Great, more stuff that I have to buy. :rolleyes: :lol:

I'm saving up for buy stuff from you at the WOF this year. Need some smokey dust.

I saw a program called 'How the Best Was Done' the other day and it featured a whack of hot sauces and their creators, but was mainly focused on the Tabasco line and history. I saw a couple of people with Defcon shirts shooting the shit and testing hot sauces with a few other people and was wondering if that happened to be you.

Pretty interesting show even if you don't care for the Tabasco sauce lineup.

Cool. I thought it was pretty funny when you busted out the really hot stuff. I assume that it was Defcon 0. Either way that poor girl at the end of the table looked like she wanted to cry :lol:

Blister said:
Cool. I thought it was pretty funny when you busted out the really hot stuff. I assume that it was Defcon 0. Either way that poor girl at the end of the table looked like she wanted to cry :lol:

Yeah, that was the ZERO. It pretty much took care of everyone at the table. It was fun to watch as well. :cool:

DEFCON Creator said:
Yeah, that was the ZERO. It pretty much took care of everyone at the table. It was fun to watch as well. :cool:

Zero is great. I just got a little bottle off of eBay and have been keeping it at my desk here at work. I've been challenging co-workers to take a little off the end of a wooden coffee stir. So far it's been pretty popular... especially compared to the uglier extracts out there.

Yesterday we took it to a Vietnamese restaurant and mixed up a big batch of sriracha (Rooster Sauce) with the Defcon Zero and I had probably the most transcendental vietnamese food experience of my life. The Zero didn't change the taste of the sriracha (which is arguably the best tasting hot sauce ever created, and arguably not even hot sauce but actually FOOD) but only drove the heat levels through the roof.

I'm tempted to buy a bottle of Sriracha and spike it with Defcon Zero and stick it in the fridge with a big "WARNING: SUPER HOT" to ward off the kiddies.

Highly recommended use of Defcon Zero!

smariotti said:
Yesterday we took it to a Vietnamese restaurant and mixed up a big batch of sriracha (Rooster Sauce) with the Defcon Zero and I had probably the most transcendental vietnamese food experience of my life.

Wow, now THAT is an endorsement. :cool:

After a lot of thought i have deemed it to be the honest way to approach a rather delicate subject, the subject being Defcon sauces.

A little while ago i posted my thoughts on Defcon MKII and was met by both people that disagreed and also people that disagreed :P They suggested that i try his other sauces because his MKII was an additive so tonight i tried his Defcon 1 and Defcon 2 from fresh unopened bottles and they both proved to be as crappy tasting as the other additive one.

All i can say is that anyone that actually eats this stuff on a regular basis should try other sauces because in my opinion this sauce is crap and can taste like sour milk.

Disclaimer: I for no way discourage people to try these sauces. These thoughts are my own opinion. These sauces will not try and abduct your mother in law, (unfortunantly).

Novacastrian said:
After a lot of thought i have deemed it to be the honest way to approach a rather delicate subject, the subject being Defcon sauces.

A little while ago i posted my thoughts on Defcon MKII and was met by both people that disagreed and also people that disagreed :P They suggested that i try his other sauces because his MKII was an additive so tonight i tried his Defcon 1 and Defcon 2 from fresh unopened bottles and they both proved to be as crappy tasting as the other additive one.

All i can say is that anyone that actually eats this stuff on a regular basis should try other sauces because in my opinion this sauce is crap and can taste like sour milk.

Disclaimer: I for no way discourage people to try these sauces. These thoughts are my own opinion. These sauces will not try and abduct your mother in law, (unfortunantly).
: grabs pitchfork and torches :

I'll agree with you on the MKII but Defcon 1 and 2 is where I draw the line.

I have just put a stick coated in Defcon 1 on the gate outside the office to keep away evil spirits, seems to be working! :hell:

Back