• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Devv's Dirt Grow-Almost done..

Weekend March 2-3:
I’ve been working on the garden for years; it was dormant for a few years (like 10) while I changed careers. The base soil if you want to call it that is sand. I added heavy black dirt to the upper 2/3 years ago; I’ve since added heavy red dirt (clay ) to half of the lower 1/3. For two years straight I’ve added 4”s of compost to the upper 2/3 and this year 4”s to the bottom 1/3. I clean horse pens for the free manure; kitchen waste is added to the compost. Our property is on a slope and heavy rains cause erosion problems. Above the garden the land is heavily terraced to divert water runoff.
Finished concreting the base of the fence, used 22 80lb bags, the Waskily Wabbits should be done, until they find another way in. They have been a real menace! I tried a hot wire system, it was not too effective and killed birds and squirrels; I didn’t like that.

5.jpg

Planted the Onions January 15th, Garlic was planted September 15th. They took a beating with the 30mph winds, 55 mph gusts last Monday.

6.jpg

Tilled and my wife planted corn, cukes, watermelons, bush beans and cantelope.

17.jpg

Bush Beans above

11.jpg

Cukes, and Melons behind the Rosemary above.

Corn below.

14.jpg

I started these the first week of January; I think I got carried away.

1.jpg

The Potatoes, planted February 15th are coming up. I planted then 8”s deep and I keep covering them up, and will do so until the ground is level where planted.

7.jpg

Never ending mulch pile.

9.jpg

Hmmm.. too many images...

Devv said:
So do you really want some Bells and pobs?

I had these promised to Mom in Az. and a coworker. Next week I should have the same pull....
Send dem to mom, I'm good and was pulling your leg ... but I do thank you for the offer ^_^

Smoke em and sauce em. 
Makes great Christmas presents.

Looks you got ever thing under control here, Scott. Great looking shaded pepper forest. I have a few plants in a row of container, not near as bushy as the in ground peppers which are planted close and shade each other, and I'm getting some sun scald even up here in the rainy mountains on  some of the container fruit. 

I'm a new Poblano fan, but not having much success with the Pobs (can't believe we have to pay  $5 a lb for em at the store) or sweet bells (maybe later).  Last year I didn't have much in peppers, so I bought a half bushel of big red hybrid bells. I smoked em, ice bathed, peeled em and stored em in vinegar in the fridge -better than a winter tomato on a hamburger.

JJJessee said:
Smoke em and sauce em. 
Makes great Christmas presents.

Looks you got ever thing under control here, Scott. Great looking shaded pepper forest. I have a few plants in a row of container, not near as bushy as the in ground peppers which are planted close and shade each other, and I'm getting some sun scald even up here in the rainy mountains on  some of the container fruit. 

I'm a new Poblano fan, but not having much success with the Pobs (can't believe we have to pay  $5 a lb for em at the store) or sweet bells (maybe later).  Last year I didn't have much in peppers, so I bought a half bushel of big red hybrid bells. I smoked em, ice bathed, peeled em and stored em in vinegar in the fridge -better than a winter tomato on a hamburger.
Thanks JJJ!

The pobs are slow to get going, but once they take hold they really produce well. I hit them pretty hard with nutes. Mix a full strength 2.5 gal container of 6-12-6 along with seaweed extract and pour it into the row. It flows all the way down to the end.

Bodeen said:
very  nice pull.
Thanks Jeff!

Hoping the supers do something soon...

Devv said:
Something about making it, dying to eat it, bam it's gone...oh well:)
I've gone as far as taking some pics and when it gets to plating I eat it all up and remeber half way thru it, lolz

Dude....you're garden is bitchin'..

My true reaper is a weak producer as well. It has three pods on it....

Love your setup Devv.

Scott glad to see you're stiil picking peppers with the high temps down south.

"Bottle Up" some sauce is a great way to process the harvest......"Smoke'm If You Got'em"

Send some of dat rain my way...it's been too dry too long here

Devv said:
Pulled a few today, now what to do with them...LOL guess sauces tomorrow:)

690.jpg

Yep, Scott! This is just screaming "Smoked sauce! I wanna be smoked sauce next life!" Prepare, hon: when it cools down, you gonna be slammed! :party:

Been a while since I've looked in on ya Scott and things are looking really good. That's a killer pull you had there and I have to say that I agree with everyone else, smoke em and let the Sauce flow.

Man, I sure like the way you do things, Scott! That's a really good-looking garden...

How's the weather been down there? We just had 10 days or so of niceness, but now it's back to the blast furnace.....

Back