• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Devv's Dirt Grow-Almost done..

Weekend March 2-3:
I’ve been working on the garden for years; it was dormant for a few years (like 10) while I changed careers. The base soil if you want to call it that is sand. I added heavy black dirt to the upper 2/3 years ago; I’ve since added heavy red dirt (clay ) to half of the lower 1/3. For two years straight I’ve added 4”s of compost to the upper 2/3 and this year 4”s to the bottom 1/3. I clean horse pens for the free manure; kitchen waste is added to the compost. Our property is on a slope and heavy rains cause erosion problems. Above the garden the land is heavily terraced to divert water runoff.
Finished concreting the base of the fence, used 22 80lb bags, the Waskily Wabbits should be done, until they find another way in. They have been a real menace! I tried a hot wire system, it was not too effective and killed birds and squirrels; I didn’t like that.

5.jpg

Planted the Onions January 15th, Garlic was planted September 15th. They took a beating with the 30mph winds, 55 mph gusts last Monday.

6.jpg

Tilled and my wife planted corn, cukes, watermelons, bush beans and cantelope.

17.jpg

Bush Beans above

11.jpg

Cukes, and Melons behind the Rosemary above.

Corn below.

14.jpg

I started these the first week of January; I think I got carried away.

1.jpg

The Potatoes, planted February 15th are coming up. I planted then 8”s deep and I keep covering them up, and will do so until the ground is level where planted.

7.jpg

Never ending mulch pile.

9.jpg

Hmmm.. too many images...

koskorgul said:
Plants lloking great as usual Scott, nice harvest.

I keep looking at everyones plants on here and the harvests everyone is getting, makes it harder to wait on mine LOL.
 Don't worry Rob, your time is coming. I've been in the ground since March.

A few pics of the container plants, which seem to be over the mites.

324.jpg

This Primo is starting to kick.

325.jpg

First buds on it...

326.jpg

Brain just starting to look normal after mites topped it.

327.jpg

Red bhut, topped by the mites, getting bushy. the side shoots have passed the center up.

328.jpg

Reaper, ex helmet head that somehow is coming back after having it's azz kicked a few times...maybe this one will have true pods...

329.jpg

First buds for this Reaper..

330.jpg

Red Caribbean hab has first pod..

331.jpg

Orange hab coming back strong, the gal looked real bad Sunday..was thirsty!

That's it...thanks for stopping by!

Thanks Scott, everything is looking good.

I have some flowers on my Thai Fires and what looks like the start of my first pod on the one. have some flowers starting to bud up on a bunch of other plants so..... it is only a matter of time LOL

Enthusiasm !...That's what I have to say. For me, it's a "natural high" stopping by here or Shane's, Ramons, Jamie's and others that have established pod producing pepper plants...

Now I have something to look forward to in my own garden, plants are in now its just a waiting game.
Looking at the harvest photos can really hype it up. I can see a "southwest salsa/relish thing happening with the Jalapenos/Banana peppers, corn....Scott whatelse is ready for harvest....

Glad to see some rain and cooler temps in your area. Plants look great !

Scott, so happy to see that the mite issues are behind you.  I have to address my Naga Morich, which seems to have fallen prey.  The plants look like they are coming back with a vengeance!  Awesome!

Devv said:
… This Primo is starting to kickFirst buds on it ... Brain just starting to look normal after mites topped it … Red bhut, topped by the mites, getting bushy. the side shoots have passed the center upFirst buds for this Reaper … Red Caribbean hab has first pod
Great to hear you are over the mites … you’ve been hiding the good stuff in containers ;) Bam out comes the truth; flower buds, almost ripened pods, da secret stash, they look great and soon to be da mother mama load of excellent heat! Every ting looking marvelous \o/

stickman said:
Yee Haw! Nice pics and harvest Scott...  I'd say you've got enough Jals for a few poppers. Chinense pods kicking in too are a bonus!

Thanks, I'm way ready for things to rock and roll in pepper alley!

StupidJerk said:
Wow! Your plants are getting huge! So many pods already too! You are going to have an awesome year.

Thanks, by next week they should be everywhere. all the plants are kicking in nicely.

koskorgul said:
Thanks Scott, everything is looking good.

I have some flowers on my Thai Fires and what looks like the start of my first pod on the one. have some flowers starting to bud up on a bunch of other plants so..... it is only a matter of time LOL

Thanks, can't wait to see some pods at your place!

PIC 1 said:
Enthusiasm !...That's what I have to say. For me, it's a "natural high" stopping by here or Shane's, Ramons, Jamie's and others that have established pod producing pepper plants...

Now I have something to look forward to in my own garden, plants are in now its just a waiting game.
Looking at the harvest photos can really hype it up. I can see a "southwest salsa/relish thing happening with the Jalapenos/Banana peppers, corn....Scott whatelse is ready for harvest....

Glad to see some rain and cooler temps in your area. Plants look great !

Thanks! I appreciate the compliments. But you guys that have to start indoors and fight that cold and frost are the real growers.

I can't wait to see you pulling later on!

We're down to finishing the tomatoes (@ 42 qt.s canned), some onions and garlic.

DocNrock said:
Scott, so happy to see that the mite issues are behind you.  I have to address my Naga Morich, which seems to have fallen prey.  The plants look like they are coming back with a vengeance!  Awesome!

Thanks, They're finally coming around, still figuring out the water  with the potted ones. With mites? I hope not. How are you going to treat it. PM me if you want to try some of the untested Rosemary!

romy6 said:
 Looking very good scotty. Beam me up !!!!  :rofl:

Thanks Captain!

stc3248 said:
Freakin kickin at Scott's place!!! Love to see the plants lookin so happy and mite free!

Thanks, Finally they're coming back, one hates to show the ugly ones so they haven't gotten much air time.

WalkGood said:
Great to hear you are over the mites … you’ve been hiding the good stuff in containers ;) Bam out comes the truth; flower buds, almost ripened pods, da secret stash, they look great and soon to be da mother mama load of excellent heat! Every ting looking marvelous \o/

Thanks! Haha I wasn't hiding them, they just looked too crappy to post LOL

Sorry for brief answers wifey wants pool time.

Thought I'd post this of what I found on Reaper #4 today.

332.jpg

Tiny but has the look!

Thanks for coming by!

Have a great week!

WalkGood said:
Finally a reaperish looking pod \o/ congrats!!! Maybe after they pump out a few and grow some the others will stabalize and pump out true shapes too :)
 Really! I was expecting #1 to be the gnarly one... I know the others will be hot, but the #1 IMHO will always produce the Bhut look. Now the Hab looking one? Not sure, It's putting pods on closer to the top and they look the same.

DocNrock said:
Cool, man!  That little Reaper pod definitely has the phenotype, right down to the little stinger. 

I was stoked when I saw that yesterday, now it just needs to set a bunch more!

Dot Com said:
nice in-ground Glog. I like how you pulled out all the stops when it came to prepping the soil.

Thanks! It's an every year job to keep it going with sand as a base....this winter I plan on adding some more black gumbo down low to help with moisture retention. Thanks  for stopping by!

GA Growhead said:
Lucky #4! Coming along nicely Scott!

Thanks, That pod made my day! I was really getting frustrated seeing the pods on the other two. But I'm seeing others are having similar results...unfortunately!

You have awesome everything man! I agree on the plant out in March, at that time I gave a friend of mine a few seedlings and now they have pods! I don't know what I'm doing, but it seems like my oldest plants don't want to pod up. It's my first year so no need to stress out I know there's too many peeps on here that can help the brotha with the heat.

Keel doing what you do man everything is just awesome, I can see you swimming in peppers not long from now.

, Walter

Vegas_Chili said:
You have awesome everything man! I agree on the plant out in March, at that time I gave a friend of mine a few seedlings and now they have pods! I don't know what I'm doing, but it seems like my oldest plants don't want to pod up. It's my first year so no need to stress out I know there's too many peeps on here that can help the brotha with the heat.

Keel doing what you do man everything is just awesome, I can see you swimming in peppers not long from now.

, Walter

Thanks!

This year ma nature helped with cooler weather and some rain. I'm ready for things to wind down and just have to take care of the peppers.

I know very little about container growing. But my question would be how much light do they get each day?

Got a surprise, especially for June, 1" of rain and still out there, light rain and lightning :dance:

Back