• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

DICKT POLL GLOBAL WARMING

Is human activity melting polar ice

• Believe

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Don't Believe

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
I would like to do a poll on this subject, and please no debating, I will do a follow up post with information I'm putting together for a Maryland politician. I'm not talking about local or seasonal climate change.

Here is the question. Do you Believe, not believe or aren't sure that human activity is responsible for ice melting in the arctic circles.

Put me down for yes because I just feel really Californian today. Maybe it's wishful thinking. Some of my family moved to South Dakota awhile back and visiting in the winter is god awful.

Probably shoulda said not sure, but then there's no controversy. And I haven't discounted that it is a possibility for us to do so yet. Interested in seeing your findings at the end.

Glaciers included too or just the poles?

Clarified Boutros!

Do you Believe, not believe or aren't sure that human activity is responsible for ice melting in the arctic circles.

boutros said:
No sweat! I ain't gonna hate on ya for that man.

Wait a minute! I'm not making the notwinometer now am I?

Don't trust that meter anyway......I went to 2 for no reason cause Nova can't count!!!!!! :P

boutros said:
Voted yes on the poll.

Honestly not sure at the present time though.

I think it's a possibility.

boutros said:
No sweat! I ain't gonna hate on ya for that man.

Wait a minute! I'm not making the notwinometer now am I?

I foresee an adjustment to the meter....

Salute', TB.

DickT said:
Here is the question. Do you Believe, not believe or aren't sure that human activity is responsible for ice melting in the arctic circles.

I'm not really sure if I understand the question. There is only one arctic circle for starters.

But living north of it and technically in the Arctic I have no choise but answering yes - the temperatures are rising, "ice is melting" and I "believe" human activity is the main reason why these changes are happening so fast.

Hope I interpreted the question correctly.

MrArboc, seconded!

Also, the term global warming is not really valid, the current term is climate change. Things will become more extreme, not merely hotter.

MrArboc said:
I'm not really sure if I understand the question. There is only one arctic circle for starters.

But living north of it and technically in the Arctic I have no choise but answering yes - the temperatures are rising, "ice is melting" and I "believe" human activity is the main reason why these changes are happening so fast.

Hope I interpreted the question correctly.

Lets not get so technical, I was to lazy to put the ANT before arctica.........

Back