• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

do you have a EDC (every day carry)

as in knife/pocket knife

mine is a gerber STL 2.0 that i wear around my neck.

its the little black one with the lanyard on it.
001.jpg

show pics of yours

i will soon be getting a larger carry like the big blue bastard in the pic just of better quality something like a spyderco tenacious. this guy below.
C122GP.jpg

Not every day, that is illegal here. I often have a Swiss army knife just because I have it, but if I think I'll need a knife I have a handmade one:

3908988441_f613c0feee_o.jpg

Still technically illegal in public places, but we have more real weapons here than people in DickT's part of the US so who cares about a knife? I believe I'm the legal owner of 3 or 4 rifles. I'm not sure...

chillilover said:
I don't carry them on me but here's mine. Two gerbers and a smith and wesson boot knife in the middle.
001-11.jpg

what do you think of the little gerber stl thats my edc as shown in the OP

and rambo 3 isent that like a K-bar knock off?

and yea the UK is retarded. banning knives wont do crap for crime because criminals dont care about the law.. all it dose is deprive law abiding citizens of being able to defend themselves and also deprives them of a usefull tool.

The bottom one is a schrade (old timer) as is the skinning knife in the middle...the old timer is my EDC...the skinner is in my truck in the pocket of the drivers door 24/7...matter of fact this is the first time it has been out of that pocket in about 3 years...it is a "shaver"....

the top one is an Uncle Henry and was my fathers...he carried it for about 40 years before he passed and mom gave it to me...

I have carried the old timer EDC for about 40 years...

092509e001.jpg

N_FF said:
and yea the UK is retarded. banning knives wont do crap for crime because criminals dont care about the law.. all it dose is deprive law abiding citizens of being able to defend themselves and also deprives them of a usefull tool.

Most people in the UK, and Australia for that matter, don't live in constant fear of murderous criminals, thus do not feel the need to carry weapons. When people are angered they generally act before thinking and can quite easily do something out of character, simply because a useful tool was at hand. I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, just that mine is different. :)

SeeYouJimmy said:
Most people in the UK, and Australia for that matter, don't live in constant fear of murderous criminals, thus do not feel the need to carry weapons. When people are angered they generally act before thinking and can quite easily do something out of character, simply because a useful tool was at hand. I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, just that mine is different. :)

I second that, I carry one for hunting is about it ! lol

SeeYouJimmy said:

I don't think he carries it for criminals since it's worn around his neck and he lives where I do, in Canada. In Canada, a hardcore criminal is a guy who steals a coffee and doughnut from a Tim Hortons.:lol:

I don't carry mine for self defense, thats what the S&W 686 .357 is for...the old timer is in my pocket all the time and it is a very useful too..

AlabamaJack said:
I don't carry mine for self defense, thats what the S&W 686 .357 is for...the old timer is in my pocket all the time and it is a very useful too..

+1

It really is amazing when working in the field how often a knife really comes in handy.

SeeYouJimmy said:
Most people in the UK, and Australia for that matter, don't live in constant fear of murderous criminals, thus do not feel the need to carry weapons. When people are angered they generally act before thinking and can quite easily do something out of character, simply because a useful tool was at hand. I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, just that mine is different.

I don't think you legally carry a knife in public in Qld. I could no doubt be under the wrong impression though.

When I out bow hunting I got a two pack deal

this

113468_113498.jpg

and this
106854_106882.jpg

Also have one of these in case I make a pig angry instead of dead. :lol:

M16Bayonet.jpg

chillilover said:
I like it. I was wondering whats the best way to sharpen knives? I never can do it good.:(

If you are bad with a stone there are several "clamp" systems. I used my Lansky for my 8" kitchen knife but I wouldn't use it for a blade larger than that.

Examples:
Gatco Edgemate
Lansky system
Link to a video of the Lansky

Then there are the "crockstick" type setups that also work fine.

Here's a video of the Lansky Crocksticks so you can get an idea how to use it.

The best system of this kind is probably the Spyderco Sharpmaker.

They work fine unless you want to reprofile your edge. You can still do it, but it will take forever.

If you have stones already you can buy guides (I have never used these but they are supposed to be good) to clamp onto your knife to keep the angle steady.

My favorite way is with sandpaper followed by a strop. Here are a few videos to the technique (it is easier than stones for me) but it will change your V edge to a convex edge.

Also here is a link to a better version of what I said.

Back