• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

do you have a EDC (every day carry)

It's not really legal here, but used to carry a Wave for everyday use. I kinda broke it. thinking of getting a Skeletool.

LordViykor said:
106854_106882.jpg

That is exactly what I use for hunting. :)

chillilover said:
I like it. I was wondering whats the best way to sharpen knives? I never can do it good.:(

buy yourself some 2 stones the course/medium combo stone and a x-fine stone and then a handfull of those little knives they have in the buckets at the gas station and practice away. its much more rewarding when you can sharpen your own knife without relying on a wizzbang gizmo with clamps and things that stick up like a porcupine.
i tought myself when i was like 11 or something with an old stone and knife i found in the basement. im now 20 and i can put a decently wicked edge on things. plus it will keep you busy for a while. (no it shouldent take that long to get good)

but anyways anybody own an Opinel?
opinelknives.jpg

I hate the turn lock on the opinels, I almost cut my finger off with one.
I'm a bushman and always like to carry a good blade, usually a shrade or a buck but I have a lot of knives to chose from. I've given up sharpening all my knives with a stone and now use a simple sharpener I purchased at a hunting show. I'll have to check the name of it, it works better than I'd ever imagine.

heres what I have at hand, though I dont really carry them on me for everyday use, some are just kept in my truck, but they are for everyday use or I do carry some of them for hunting purposes.
couple need a good cleaning & resharping.

top to bottom
ka-bar, CRKT polkowski kasper (wished it was serrated), CRKT stiff k.i.s.s., gerber bone cutter, remington folding blade & gutting hook/bone cutter.
I like what CRKT offers for the sheath & of course the knife.

DSCF3591.jpg

MrArboc said:
I believe I'm the legal owner of 3 or 4 rifles. I'm not sure...

how can you not know ?

chillilover said:
I don't carry them on me but here's mine. Two gerbers and a smith and wesson boot knife in the middle.
001-11.jpg

I had a little gerber gator (like your bottom knife but had a serrated part)
I liked it, nice rubber grip & worked good for gutting game. though I lost it years ago.

SeeYouJimmy said:
Most people in the UK, and Australia for that matter, don't live in constant fear of murderous criminals, thus do not feel the need to carry weapons. When people are angered they generally act before thinking and can quite easily do something out of character, simply because a useful tool was at hand. I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, just that mine is different. :)

awww thats right you guys live in a special eutopia where theres ZERO crime, no assaults or murders or robberys etc.....hows that working for ya ? you guys have ZERO crime/murders right ?

as for a useful tool....do you mean along the lines as a baseball bat, hammer, kitchen knives, vehicles, rope, etc...

then your govt wont even allow you to have non-lethal devices to protect yourself or family. no wonder why the brits were protesting for their rights back to own certain guns! (in a video I saw)

chillilover said:
I like it. I was wondering whats the best way to sharpen knives? I never can do it good.:(

I've never tried an electric sharpener, but so far I think the best way is nothing more than some time on a stone or a diamond incrusted stone like (DMT) I've used the pull through types (non-electric) & they dont put a nice sharp edge on the blade.

beandip said:
If you are bad with a stone there are several "clamp" systems. I used my Lansky for my 8" kitchen knife but I wouldn't use it for a blade larger than that.

I've bought a clamp system that you speak of, I couldnt get used of using that system, I prefer a stone or DMT & time but if someone is willing to backup a electronic sharpener that'll put a great edge on the blade & reduce time, I'm all ears.

unless your talking about a belt sander/papper wheel then i dont know of any electric sharperners that will alow you to put the exact edge you want on it. i agree with using a stone/diamond hone. but some people cant keep a steady angle worth crap.

chilehunter said:
how can you not know ?

Because they are on a permanent loan to my brother who also keeps the paperwork in the safe and I'm to lazy to call him and ask;) I just sign the papers if/when they need to be renewed. There is a 6 gun limit here, and some people want more. I don't need or want any gun so I'm just the legal owner even though my brother is the actuall owner.

arboc - oh, I see.

noshow - call it whatever ya want...bone cutter or bone saw, for field use, it makes short work cutting through bone & cartalige vs serrated knives, & far superior to non-serrated blades.

N_FF said:
and yea the UK is retarded. banning knives wont do crap for crime because criminals dont care about the law.. all it dose is deprive law abiding citizens of being able to defend themselves and also deprives them of a usefull tool.

Calling an entire nation retarded coz you don't agree with one of their laws is a bit OTT don't you think?
As for the law here you can carry a blade up to 3" long, but you have to prove you need it for your job. You can kill someone whilst defending yourself with a 3" blade very easily. If someone is in fear of their safety they will carry an illegal weapon no matter what the law says, but when you carry a close quarter weapon, unless you are highly skilled in it's use it can be taken off you, leaving your opponent with two weapons and you with none. If all knives were allowed to be carried here the death rate would soar, and it wouldn't matter who was defending themselves or who was being attacked. We keep these things in check and as a result we've got one of the lowest murder rates in the world. Giving everyone the right to carry weapons in the US hasn't stopped people killing each other - quite the reverse, the US has the highest murder rate in the world.

Badger said:
Calling an entire nation retarded coz you don't agree with one of their laws is a bit OTT don't you think?

The funny thing is that he was responding to me, and I've never even been in the UK;)

MrArboc said:
The funny thing is that he was responding to me, and I've never even been in the UK;)

I wondered who that remark was aimed at. Maybe he thinks that Sweden and the UK are the same thing? There's a scary thought for you!:scared:

Badger said:
I wondered who that remark was aimed at. Maybe he thinks that Sweden and the UK are the same thing? There's a scary thought for you!:scared:

I'm assuming it was aimed at me as I was the only poster not from north america that it could be aimed at.

These are my babies.

IMG_1010.jpg

The red handled knife was my first ever.

Wooden handle knife is my everyday hunting knife.

Black handle knife is my pigging knife.

The fixed blade at the top of the pic is an original Bowie knife.....

Back