• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Dorset Nova Strain World Wide Environmental Evaluation Thread

You guys rock! Thanks for the pic joe :)
Hey Boutros those stems you have are truly superb, about as fat as Rosie Odonnel after a trip to Mcdonalds!!

Keep up the great growing!

Those are some fantastic looking plants Boutros. Seem to be growing really good for you.

Did you go to Comicon at all this year? Coulda got some backup for Boba Fett

Novacastrian said:
You guys rock! Thanks for the pic joe :)
Hey Boutros those stems you have are truly superb, about as fat as Rosie Odonnel after a trip to Mcdonalds!!

Keep up the great growing!

Thanks- I hope the pods will be on the same level!

Blister said:
Those are some fantastic looking plants Boutros. Seem to be growing really good for you.

Did you go to Comicon at all this year? Coulda got some backup for Boba Fett

Thanks. Never been to Comiccon yet, was fishing and stuff. Boba works alone, lol...

your plants are looking like they're off to a damn good start too.

Hey. Sorry I didn't update earlier. My plants were stunted from the heat and really just looked like my first pics for over a month. I took them inside and they are doing much better. They aren't as big as the other plants in this thread, but they are starting to grow and look kinda healthy. I need to find a shadier area for them outdoors. This is my biggest plant:
nagaaug11.jpg

naga2aug11.jpg

That looks very lush Beandip, good going!

BTW love your sig, i had to touch it a couple of times. I hope the bar didn't go "up"! :lol:

Cool Beandip. How's the fall and winter for growing outdoors in your area of TX?

Got a couple small pods startin on my two in containers with Ocean Forest Mix! Very excited cause the next couple months will should be peak growing times here.

IMG_3721.jpg

IMG_3722.jpg

Any info or a guess on how many weeks to expect somethin'? I'm real damn happy to have these all the more after a recent bhut plant debacle I had a bit ago. My first homegrown nagas!

Not really anything concrete Boutros. You see when i grew may naga plant it was the last of about six of them because my dog kept on digging them up! Bloody fish fertilizer!

Anyway i think nagas are 160 days, soooo calculate how long you have had them in for and BINGO you should have a rough idea on when to expect ripe pods. I am going to have to adjust the meter in your favour too as you got the very first Nova Naga Pods happening as far as i am aware!

ROCK ON!!

They are all germed around June 1st. Maybe mid Octoberish then. Lol, I knew Ihad to be quick for a meter adjust, I'll bet Shameal's got some some though!

boutros: I don't think they will survive the winter here. It gets pretty cold in January so I will need to bring the containers in. They should be fine until then, though.

Nice pods. My plants started taking off. The small one is about the same size as the one in my last picture now.

Nova: I don't know how I feel about you touching my bar. If nobody was looking I guess we can pretend it never happened.

I think I need to move mine to face a different direction. The Aji Lemons are doing well, about 6-7 inches for all of them. The Nagas aren't doing so well. They haven't grown. They are all only abour 2 inches tall. I'm gonna move 'em today.

Mine are going very slowly compared to everyone's photos here.

They haven't changed much since I posted the photos earlier in this thread.

Sadly the aphids have taken their toll on my plants. They are pretty sickly looking right now, but I'm still hopeful. I managed to get both my orange hab plants to recover from aphids so these should be ok. They're a bit ugly right now, but they should be ok.

Bummer on the aphid front dude hopefully you will still get some heat from it! :)

@Boutros i await your piccies. :hell:

Well, if they don't make it I can always start them again. I've got plenty of time before the next growing season. Pretty much all winter ;). I was just hoping to get a few going so that they would really shoot out the pods next year.

Well, Nova and everybody else- pods are going good. Many are. Some aren't though. I was still in denial yesterday. One Of my plants has displayed some signs of blight. Trying to reign it in as I have with some plants already w/ copper soap and Serenade. It is possible to beat but still some fruit is lost and is a hard kick in the nuts.

septsecond09024.jpg

I hate looking at that pic, but got to go full disclosure... This has been a jacked year for diseases here in SD for my neighbors and I.

Need to get better daylight pics of the three. Got caught up in a bunch of crap tonight, will get proper ones tomorrow or at the latest the day after- Saturday for me. Took a night shot of my hydro one,can't get any good close ones tonight in the dark. It's kinda roughed up from the lame ass support cage I rigged around it, but better than snappin off at the base in the wind! Looks like thisplant might have another issue,but I'mgonna wait and see what happens before I get into it-

IMG_3839.jpg

Given all the adversity these plants are dealin with, any unblighted ripe pods will be that much better and a real victory.

I suppose that it is true about any pods that survive being hardier, i hadn't thought about it like that.

Its still great seeing other people plants grow even through adversity!

Back