• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Dorset Nova Strain World Wide Environmental Evaluation Thread

I just have 1 question...does the Naga have the same flavor as the Buht Jolokia? Am I mistaken to assume that they are the same pepper, just from different regions?

I know, I know, this probably has been discussed already but thought I'd ask.

To me the Dorset has fruity undertones with a heat that slowly builds. The Bhut on the other hand has a more "spicy" flavor that just slaps me stupid straight off the bat!

The Dorset was cultivated in Dorset England and the Bhut comes from India so there are some pretty big differences in regard to the climates involved.

Novacastrian said:
To me the Dorset has fruity undertones with a heat that slowly builds. The Bhut on the other hand has a more "spicy" flavor that just slaps me stupid straight off the bat!

The Dorset was cultivated in Dorset England and the Bhut comes from India so there are some pretty big differences in regard to the climates involved.

Hey, thanks for clearing that up for me Nova. Now, I'm thinking of growing both next year to see which one I like better (you never know unless you try).

I know it's not that exciting without pictures, but there are at least 1.5 billion flower buds on the larger plant.

edit: Even though you can see what a brilliant photographer I am, I doubt I could get a picture of the buds anyway.

Here's a quick pic of one of the first pods to ripen on the possible cross. Or more like definite cross. Kinda small, clearly not a Naga or Aji Limon. 100% positive it came out of the Naga bag o' seed.

IMG_4038.jpg

Will pick some this weekend and post a pic to give an idea of scale. Pods are pretty small- smaller than an average sized tabasco pod. Haven't tasted yet but will report after I pick some.

Will do. And I'll save a batch of seeds from each pickin' for you. Will have to send some soon w/ those purp artichoke seeds too.

Thanks mate, be sure to go covert. I just got an empty package from South Africa today and lost like 12 varieties of tomatoes, basil, eggplant. I could so kill those sob's.

:rofl: Great artwork you have there Boutros! That plant looks awesomely big and healthy, what are you feeding it?

General Hydroponics MaxiBloom right now. Started off on GH Triflora for the vegetative stage. The plant drains the reservoir if left on its own in like three days.

Will pull seed out tonight or tomorrow, will dry for a few at least, then it's on!

They're hot. Not like a superhot, but worth while. Sorta have a perfume-y sorta start up taste like my Aji Limons. Not sure if that's normal, or due to hydro fertilizers... Nothing foul in the taste though or anything like that. Something I'd use for sure.

I have a suspicion my plant has kinda over bloomed though, and resulted in alot of quantity, but overall smaller fruit size. I think I'm gonna clone it and try some in the ground or a Ocean Forest kinda soil.

Guessing an Aji Limon in Nova's yard last year. This plant came out of a big bag of his Dorset Naga seeds. I'll drop a line to let you know when they're on the way.

I'll send more out to whoever's interested, of course depending on how many I get that appear to be viable, etc. Just send a PM w/your address. Will be ready to send in round about a week.

Sweet Jebus that's a big plant boutros! My biggest last year was only 2.5' tall. Excellent work. You figured out a name for that nagan-lemon?

Thanks Blister. Wouldn't have been possible w/o Nova kickin' it all off though! Lookin' forward to seeing who's got the next NN pods comin' up...

Back