• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Dorset Nova Strain World Wide Environmental Evaluation Thread

They look awesome Trinny, nice and healthy.

Scarpetti i haven't planted the Lucento's yet as it is still too cold. I am still blown away with the germination rates with most of you guys, you really know what you are doing!

@srin, yay!!

Novacastrian said:
They look awesome Trinny, nice and healthy.

Scarpetti i haven't planted the Lucento's yet as it is still too cold. I am still blown away with the germination rates with most of you guys, you really know what you are doing!

@srin, yay!!

Mine just started it first true leaves. I planted them into yogurt containers.;)

Its finally OUT! part 1

p10001971.jpg
3/7/09 7:23am
p10001981.jpg
4/7/09 8:19am
p10002071.jpg

11:23am
p10002081.jpg
1:32pm

Its finally OUT! part 2

p10002091.jpg
2:14pm
p10002101.jpg
5:24pm
p10002111.jpg
5/7/09 7:31am

it came out quite fast. it took a day to pull itself out and up :)
Nova your seeds are good. i bought bhut jolokia seeds and until now no germination yet.

Here are the two Naga's I've got on the go. One is a little smaller than the other because it was in coir while the other was in soil. Both are starting to sprout their second set of true leaves. Unfortunately the seeds I tried to germinate in Coir didn't work. Oh well, I'll just stick with the peat pellets.

We're also getting a heavy rain warning right now so my plants may slow down a bit. Cooler weather is really killing me this year. At least I can bring them in and put them under the floro's for a bit. They are receiving 24 hours light right now. I'm surprised at how much that helps them along.

DorsetnagaJune609.jpg

DorsetNagaJune609plant2.jpg

Looking at my seed tray yesterday afternoon I see I now have some germination happening.

So far I have around 5 Aji's and 3 Nagas showing hooks. :)

So I have three going in soil- all looking decent a bit yellow maybe, they're gonna get a step up re potting tonight or somethin'.

IMG_3273.jpg

And I have a later date planted one in a GH powergrower indoor under a couple of flouro's. It will eventually go outside. Maybe. OG Boba Fett action figure for scale.

IMG_3272.jpg

IMG_3271.jpg

Some of my buddies got the others I germinated. I can get pics of one sometime later on. The other is in an undisclosed location in an indoor grow room. It's just too funny to not mention.

Amazing that your "buddy" would take the room out of his "room" to grow a chilli plant along with all his Himalayan Tomato's :P :lol:

Novacastrian said:
Amazing that your "buddy" would take the room out of his "room" to grow a chilli plant along with all his Himalayan Tomato's :P :lol:

Not all rooms are created equal, lol. Spacious yes, high tea
ch, nah... Just an experiment, got him all pumped up on Nagas.

Wow, those are some fantastic looking plants there boutros. Mine aren't much further along than the pictures I posted about a week ago. We've been having so much crappy weather here that they've really slowed down. Luckily I can still bring them in and put them under floro's. Too bad that they're nowhere close to what the sun puts out :(.

joeknowsjolokia said:
Well my Nova's are on their 3rd set of leaves! So far so good:onfire:

hi joe

Between your first set of leaves to second and third , how long did it take ? did you use peat pellets ? i want to know when to do the first transplant.

Blister said:
Wow, those are some fantastic looking plants there boutros. Mine aren't much further along than the pictures I posted about a week ago. We've been having so much crappy weather here that they've really slowed down. Luckily I can still bring them in and put them under floro's. Too bad that they're nowhere close to what the sun puts out :(.

Thanks. Hopefully they keep doing well. And I hear ya on the light, I only use flouros at the moment. I plan on getting a good grow light for the winter for sure though.

Back