• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dot Com's 2012 Grow Log

Start off w/ my habs that weren't far enough along to produce before Fall set-in so I decided to put them in this 2012 Grow Log

Peach on the left, Chocolate in the middle, and Unknown on the right:

6200717245_ffe4852d02_z.jpg

Thats my "3 way daylight, natural color, 6500 K" fluorescent bulb box in the lower right corner.

yes the bees can cross most chilis

you are growing some that "will not" cross

with your supers. please understand you can keep

growing some plants past the slow down

i have some that are from before last year still growing

and they may still be growing next spring

( we just smiled and waved goodbye, sittin' there on that sack of seeds)

:hell:
My Rocoto peppers (2) are plumping up nicely. Just waiting for them to turn then I'll prune it down a little for next season. Am I right, in that I read, that Rocoto's can grow for many years/more years than your avg. pepper plant?

12/4 update. First the Piquin forest sprouted from seeds obtained from a jar of off the shelf, edible (for consumption), dried pods :rofl:

6454399007_715625f90a_z.jpg

Now the Datil seedling. It had an older cousin that perished the other day because of a seedcap prob :( . I made the rooky mistake of taking this one out of the pot to add more dirt beneath it because the sunlight couldn't reach it. Don't know if it'll survive. I made the same mistake last season & didn't learn my lesson. Oh well. Only time will tell.

6454398891_c6bc2f7efc_z.jpg

Keeps me occupied/focused. I think I remember being able to grow a few plants in the winter. Guess it depends on the variety. Some do alright, some don't.

Time to harvest this 2nd- year thai plant. The pics a little blurry. The plant has started dropping its leaves as it was quite lush during the summer. It's over 5 1/2 ft tall. I cut it down to an nub last season and it grew right back like a weed :)

6474352813_a2b98a8293_z.jpg

The other thai 2nd- year plant (different variety) looks like it might not produce anymore this season. I prolly got 50- 60+ pods off of this plant all season. Best pod producer yet for me. It has plenty of flowers and a few small pods forming but it seems to be slowing down too. Cut the last 3 off of it for dinner tonight:

6474352529_9b56ee3931_z.jpg

bhut jolokia indian carbon (3 pods), yellow 7-Pot (2 ripe [ate 1/2 of one] and 6 green pods), and in the background my choc habanero (6 ripe pods and 5 green) :woohoo:

6474352463_bdb8b3b5cd_z.jpg

Rocoto. Only two pods but they are growing nicely. Haven't harvested any off of this one yet and I planted it early spring. Pruned it back significantly to direct all the resources to the pods. During the summer this plant was enormous growing out 2-3 feet laterally. I think the pods will start ripening soon. Can you see them?

6474362885_5ed508b8b4_z.jpg

Naga Dorset :) that seemed to go dormant in the main trunk and drop all new growth as I mentioned earlier. Pruned the trunk back because there wasn't anything growing there anyway & now the offshoots seem to be doing ok. Maybe I'll get some pods off of this one? Should I try to train it to grow upwards w/ a string & a stick? :?:

6474352593_32e823715c_z.jpg

Naga morich (1st time growing these) & choc bhut:

6474475551_5ab301e5cd_z.jpg

good looking yummies there dot dude

patience for the orange ones they look nearly there

the guy from michoacan in mexico told me those plants grow up into the avocados

like vines almost and often live for more than ten years

seedlings (top- left going anti- clockwise): morich, datil, douglah, dorset, & piquins

6533358453_a905475139_z.jpg

Pic at eye- level w/ my Valentina Mexican Hot Sauce, Dried piquin pods, & Texas Hotter Hot Sauce :)
6533361097_2e3dce9050_z.jpg

Finally potted- up the 7- Pod, Yellow as it was leaning too much (you can see how the stem was growing at an angle at dirt- level) and the pot was a little small. To the left of it is my bountiful choc hab :) :

6533358563_161ed5492a_z.jpg

yes,
dot dude i think by springtime the whole patio will be covered
next you might get growspace from university?

:clap: :crazy: :party:

good looking yummies there dot dude

patience for the orange ones they look nearly there

the guy from michoacan in mexico told me those plants grow up into the avocados

like vines almost and often live for more than ten years
The Orange started ripening ystrdy :) I believe they germinated @ Jan or Feb too. Can't wait to try them. They're as big @ as a silver dollar :eek: :

6550727095_2609566272_z.jpg

The Orange started ripening ystrdy :) I believe they germinated @ Jan or Feb too. Can't wait to try them. They're as big @ as a silver dollar :eek: :

6550727095_2609566272_z.jpg
Final harvest of my 2011 plants. The Orange Rocoto :) :party: Thanks nitwit!!! :cheers: :

Can't wait to try one of them tomorrow and harvest the black seeds. These are some of the only, if not the only, peppers w/ black seeds right?

yes,
dot dude i think by springtime the whole patio will be covered
next you might get growspace from university?

:clap: :crazy: :party:

the University did have a garden but I graduated this past September :) Here's a link to their endeavor:
http://spirit.gmu.ed...den-that-could/

make sure to eat the area between the stem and the seeds that is the best part

we all have to try to find some surrogates at some point

the red head looks like she might go for a little ' chili pepper '
only one way to find out

Just got home from work and ate half of the orange (smaller one) & harvested the seeds. The pepper definitely had a bite to it but the taste was not overpowering like a jalapeno, chipoltle, or piquin. It had a very fresh taste like, I want to say, an apple. I'm using whats left in a stir fry tonight ;)

6603301577_d3e193acb2_z.jpg

Just curious, did you ever get any pods on the Fresno that you had propped up with a stick? I've only grown them once, but mine was a much more compact plant, probably not more than 15" - 18" tall.

Just curious, did you ever get any pods on the Fresno that you had propped up with a stick? I've only grown them once, but mine was a much more compact plant, probably not more than 15" - 18" tall.
Either my roommate over-watered it, when I went away for a week a couple of months ago, or it went dormant for the winter. When I returned from the trip the dirt in the pot was water-logged and weighed a ton. I cut it down/pruned & re-potted it but it never seemed to recover :( so I freed-up the pot for another seedling. I was quite sad as it had grown to be @ 1 1/2 ft tall and was putting-out flower pods BEFORE I went on vacation.

Before trip (green/vibrant, & producing flowers):​

6237447037_04842ba974_z.jpg

Upon returning from trip (leaves yellowing & flowers dropping-off, over-watering/crown-rot/going dormant for fall/winter (?) :( :​

6291420043_25c4480c02_z.jpg

Back