• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Douglah Cappy 2010

I left these in the seed tray much longer because they were just growing slowly. Good weather today so did the first pot up to solo cups and put them under my 400 watt MH light. Used a new soil and first impressions were really good, we'll see how they grow. I have two more seed trays that are a couple weeks behind these so trying to time another set of plants under the HID. I am going to feed them hydro nutes and hoping for quick results. Got about 85 planted up today.:)

This is what they looked like this morning;
IMG_3816.jpg

IMG_3817.jpg

And this evening under the halide;
IMG_3821.jpg

Looking very nice there mate. You will have Douglahs coming out of your ears with all those plants!
Do you plan to keep them all for yourself of are you going to be selling some?

Man, that is a sight to behold! Beautiful.

Those flats are packin' a lot of heat.

I have about 7 weeks before I can even start to think about planting outstide...

PRF those plants are gorgeous. They're almost all exactly the same size. How in the world did you manage that?

So far it looks like you're going to have a good crop of Douglah pods this year.

Alan

Looks like you had great germination there. Hope the medium works better than promix for you. More porosity sound better. Thanks for the view.

Good lord PRF!!! I think you have a serious Douglah problem, you should seek some help. LOL Looking good though, excellent germination rate.

Noah it's about the same as Pro-Mix but thought I'd try something new just to change things up a bit. Very similiar, seems to have more perlite and is a lighter mix when wet. I am going to be feeding Flora Nova grow 7-4-10 one part hydro while inside this year and hope to be able to water regularly. Mister_Al I sow more than one seed per cell and cull the weaklings early on, use natural sunlight as much as possible. Nova I am considering selling Douglah pods on our marketplace later this year instead of the seeds. All the rest will go in to making a brown Douglah mash for next years line of sauces. Thanks.

That's a LOT of Douglahs PRF. Impressive. I've always wondered what it would be like to actually grow a lot of one thing instead of a few of everything. :)

Chris half of all my seedlings are Douglah, I still have two more cell trays full of my other starts for the year. I am a big fan of all the chocolate variety peppers, just decided to grow a lot of Douglah instead. My list is shortened over last year by about 20 varieties;

Bhut Jolokia
Fatalii
7 Pod Brain Strain
7 Pot Primo
7 Pot Jonahs
7 Pod Yellow
7 Pod Orange
Douglah
Trinidad Scorpion
Scorpion Yellow CARDI
T. Scorpion Chocolate
Peach Habanero
Orange Habanero
Bonda Ma Jaques
Chocolate Big Bang Naga
Naga Morich
Tobago Scotch Bonnet "Faria"
Big Sun Scotch Bonnet
Morado
Guadeloupe Black
Bishop's Hat
Cumari
Pequin

This may sound crazy but the hardest seeds for me to save and germinate each year are my Jalapenos. I have saved seed two years in a row now and cannot get them to germinate. I know I need to leave them on the plant longer until they are red ripe. Good thing I can buy seedlings at Lowe's in a couple weeks.:rolleyes:

Very nice plants, and nice varieties, thats a whole lot of heat. Like Chris said, I sure wish I could be discipline enough to grow out so many of 1 variety, you could likely help improve on desired pod qualities when growing so many.
Chocolate bigbang naga? Sounds like one of my unintentional creations, let me know how they turn out. I'm growing out a few of my 2008 saved bigbang naga(?hybrid) seeds, I just hope I get a nice chocolate cross too

Yeah I figured it was from your stable of seeds when I read big bang naga Potawie. The chocolate BBN seeds(6) were gifted from Chris last year and all germinated and growing well, will keep you up on their progress. No real progress with the Douglah, just perked up a bit, getting their first real feeding tomorrow.

Looking like it's gonna be a great year for ya, mate.
Douglah pepper mash for sauce? sounds good enough to eat as is!

Planted in cups 5 days ago and finally seeing real growth. Douglah are the by far the slowest peppers I have ever had the pleasure of growing, thought I was doing something wrong at first. I have finished potting up my first two trays and have 118 Douglah planted total. Other seed trays are getting big fast and need to be moved under the light in two weeks. Attempting around 280 pepper starts with just one shop light and one HID light, a real juggling act. This is the most labor intensive time of the year for me until the plants get outside in 5 more weeks.:pray:

Sunday night;
IMG_3823.jpg

Friday afternoon;
IMG_3829.jpg

IMG_3826.jpg

They are looking good Cappy. I am kind of shocked that you gave up the Pro Mix this year but I understand why, change is necessary if you want to improve things. Best of luck to you this season.

Back