• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

EarthQuake in Virginia

seems to be reports are coming in - People in my state in high rise buildings were being evacuated - it felt like someone was pushing my desk chair back and forth and when I saw no one I thought I was concentrating to closely to my pc screeen :crazy:

Felt it here, the whole place shook.

Felt all the way south to Clemson, SC where my daughter goes to school. Must have been deep in the earth's crust to be felt so far away from the epicenter up and down the east coast. Also have hurricane Irene that is expected to hit the east coast Saturday morning close home. Fingers crossed all will be fine.

Felt all the way south to Clemson, SC where my daughter goes to school. Must have been deep in the earth's crust to be felt so far away from the epicenter up and down the east coast. Also have hurricane Irene that is expected to hit the east coast Saturday morning close home. Fingers crossed all will be fine.

Hoping for the best weather for everyone. Hoping the hurricane season it light and easy on the coast. :pray:

hope you all are ok! as that is what we here on the west coast deal with! i actually do not min them, i did not feel the 5.8 one we had back on easter!

I just woke up and found out about it. My boys said it moved our couch, but I kept on sleeping in my bed. I missed it, dang it.

Quite the opposite. I heard it was only 6 km deep, which is why it was felt all up and down the coast. Coincidentally I just called my brother in Clemson and he said he couldn't feel it. He was swimming at the time though so it makes sense.

It rattled my house pretty good and I'm about 10 miles east of D.C.. Had a few books fall off of the shelves, but no damage.

Felt it here in North Carolina, and it shook the whole apartment building. I didn't even consider the possibility of an earthquake until a friend called and asked if I felt it. I thought it was probably just really heavy machinery doing road construction nearby :crazy:

Had no idea in Eastern NC. My buddy called and asked if I felt it, I told him he was crazy. I was driving, maybe I thought it was a bump? Anyways, the good news is my babies are all still safe in the garden. :woohoo:

i was just waking up < i work night and thought my wife was home early and messing with me by shaking the bed, she does that from time to time but she wasn't there, didn't really know what to make of it and found out later from my wife when she called from work that we had it :crazy:

the last time i remembered we had anything like this was in 1993 winter, we had had alot of snow and work was called out because of it, i was in bed with my girlfriend at the time we decided to sleep in and it shook the house enough that the ice sheet on the roof slid down making a loud rumble and smashing on the ground,doubly scared the dump out of my girlfriend, she asked did we just have what i think we just had??, and i just said yup

this one was the biggest on record in our part of the county

thanks God it wasnt worse

your friend AJIJOE

My supers never moved thank you super!2nd quake here and I missed both by being at wintergreen working.I was about 200 ft in the air working on a tower and never felt a thing.I would love help from everyone here to help with. You might might be a quakeneck if?I`ll start the thread and would love some help.The people here are so --! I won`t go there bring on the top 12 guys and gals.This place ought to be good! :)

Back