• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Eating AJ's Superhots

Well, I am about 4/5 through my chili and I still have a little baggie of AJ's pepper halves left that need to be eaten soon. So far, I ate the Red Savina whole last week, and I just ate the half of the Dorset Naga. Wow. I forgot what to expect there. It is very similar to the Naga Morich, but I think it hit me a little differently. Still had the great fruity flavor, but it hit my tongue rather quickly. In fact I seriously saw stars for a minute. The heat never really hurt my throat like I thought it would though. It hit much quicker than the Morich, but has the same lasting burn. I think the next one will be one of the 7-Pots or maybe the Choc Hab and then the 7-Pot we'll see. I think I am going to be in for a rough night tonight.:hell:

I actually have two 7-Pots yellow and red. Also have a Scorpion, Fatalii, Orange Hab (which I have had a bunch of so I'll just use them in a quesadilla or something) the Chocolate Hab, and that little chicken liver pepper or whatever AJ called it. I don't know if I can eat all these tonight or not, but I'm going to try. I have some nice meaty Country Style ribs in the oven that I had marinated for the past two days in a chipotle lime marinade to keep my belly full.

you will enjoy the flavour of the choc hab and the heat can be deceiving....

EDIT: I don't envy your exit zone tomorrow morning....:hell:

me either, I just hope it waits until then. I have had chocolate habs before so I pretty much know what to expect with that one. It's the 7-Pots and the Scorpion that have me a little nervous. The Dorset half was pretty small in comparison to these babies. BIG! Well, I guess it's time **off to the fridge for the next one**

moyboy said:
you will enjoy the flavour of the choc hab and the heat can be deceiving....

Oh, yeah. I can vouch for that. Nice and smoky and hot. I made chocolate habanero corn bread once it i used 6 of them in the batter and they blistered my face off. It was great! But, i could've gotten into some serious trouble because everyone who saw them thought i was eating homemade chocolate chip cornbread and wanted to try some.

Oh MAN!!! I ate the 7-Pot Red. I had Heather pick one out of the bag and inevitably she picked that one. No heat at first then sweet. Then it started on my tongue. Now its in my throat. Holy hell. I think it's hotter than the nagas. More of a piercing pain.

JayT said:
me either, I just hope it waits until then. I have had chocolate habs before so I pretty much know what to expect with that one. It's the 7-Pots and the Scorpion that have me a little nervous. The Dorset half was pretty small in comparison to these babies. BIG! Well, I guess it's time **off to the fridge for the next one**

I admire you my friend taking on all the superhots prepare for the Smokey goodness of the choc hab..Great pepper :lol:

I had every intention of eating the Choc hab next, but I thought it would be fun to play AJ's Superhot roulette. Thank God I didn't hand her a gun with one bullet... Man that thing was/is hot. It's settling down now a little. The highpoint came pretty quick and I seriously believe it was hotter than the naga morich and the dorset naga that I have eaten. Now if I eat the yellow 7-Pot and the Scorpion next it's all downhill from there.

Keep at it...

You are a trooper....

Mind over matter.....

Not that mind over matter works for me. At this stage after a 7 pot i would be half way finished a gallon of milk...hehe

truth, I did have a chug of milk out of the bottle and a small three musketeers bar about 5 mins after I ate the 7. It's a long night and I still have a lot of Superhots left. I think the Choc is next. I am dying to try the Scorpion though.

I agree JayT that the 7 Pot is the by far the hottest pepper. Glad you got to try so many different peppers and give reviews after eating each one. Try the Yellow Scorpion next it should be hotter than the Chocolate Habanero. Scorpions light me on fire.:lol:

Txclosetgrower said:
PICS!!!!!

See AJ's latest harvest pics these are all his.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
I agree JayT that the 7 Pot is the by far the hottest pepper. Glad you got to try so many different peppers and give reviews after eating each one. Try the Yellow Scorpion next it should be hotter than the Chocolate Habanero. Scorpions light me on fire.:lol:

I don't know PPF I may save that one for last. I am dying to try the Scorpion and the Choc hab looks so meaty. It has an amazing amount of placenta. Sorry I don't have pics and don't feel like dealing with the camera tonight. It's all about peppers and beer tonight. I'll share with you here though.

Ok went for the Chocolate Hab. This one has the smoky taste that others have mentioned. I was not surprised by the fairly quick hit of the heat, but this one hit me square on the tip of the tongue. No heat on the back of the mouth to speak of and none on the throat. Not as hot as the others but the tip of tongue heat is fairly lasting. Nice taste. Oh God my poor stomach!

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
I agree JayT that the 7 Pot is the by far the hottest pepper.

Seconded...I was lucky enough to receive the same exact care package. The 7 pod was the worst. I did however eat that one before I ate the others and as a result tested smaller pieces of the others. The 7 pod really hit my stomach. I felt discomfort until I fell asleep that night.

JayT you are a brave man taking all those peppers on in one night. Good luck.

he is a ROCK....thats how we roll around these parts....Go Jay...................

oh oh

it's your birthday.............

go Jay.....it's your birthday...

gonna party like it's yo birthday.....

good luck tomorrow morning bro:hell::D;)

I'm sitting here with a rather familiar feeling in my upper stomach. It is very warm and telling me "do NOT send any more of that stuff down here!" I am trying to silence it with a Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale (thought it appropriate for the moment) and am going to try to continue my quest. I have two more superhots in my fridge that I have never eaten. The 7-Pot Yellow and the Scorpion. I should leave them for tomorrow and eat them along with the remaining orange hab and fatalii, but I think I may still have one more in me if the pain subsides a bit. I think this would be like boot camp for an aspiring chilehead. I have always tried every new hot pepper I have encountered, but never so many hot ones in one night. This is like capsaicin overdose I am attempting.

JayT said:
I'm sitting here with a rather familiar feeling in my upper stomach. It is very warm and telling me "do NOT send any more of that stuff down here!" I am trying to silence it with a Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale (thought it appropriate for the moment) and am going to try to continue my quest. I have two more superhots in my fridge that I have never eaten. The 7-Pot Yellow and the Scorpion. I should leave them for tomorrow and eat them along with the remaining orange hab and fatalii, but I think I may still have one more in me if the pain subsides a bit. I think this would be like boot camp for an aspiring chilehead. I have always tried every new hot pepper I have encountered, but never so many hot ones in one night. This is like capsaicin overdose I am attempting.

Think your stomach needs a 24 hr Vacation now my friend ;)

Back