3) Baekseju (France) 

4) MarcV (Belgium) 

5) b3rnd (the Netherlands) 

6) scotsbonnet (Scotland)

7) spicefreak (UK)

8) Mitzi (UK)

9) Sonka (Hungary)

back to LuckyLuke

Recieved and picked out a few things but no last-ofs. Adding Pink Tiger, Fish Pepper, Puerto Rican Yellow, 7-Pot Bubblegum White, California Reaper, Fatalii Seeds' "Turkish Pepper" and some NuMex Lemon Spice Jalapeños.
Will send on to Mitzi tomorrow.

Thanks.

1) LuckyLuke (Czech Republic) 

2) nice.chili (France) 

3) Baekseju (France) 

4) MarcV (Belgium) 

7) spicefreak (UK)

8) Mitzi (UK)

9) Sonka (Hungary)

back to LuckyLuke

The train has pulled in to this station!

So, question:

I am going to Hungary this coming weekend.  Is it better to bring the box with me and post it local post once I get there OR post it in England before I leave?

I'm tending towards post it here before I leave because I'm scared it might cause problems at customs (don't see why it should but I would feel so guilty if it got taken off me.)

I have taken the last seeds of Manzano Orange.  Assuming I get them to germinate, I will return some seeds to the train next year.

There are some 7 Pot Burgundy seeds on the train (someone questioned it earlier I think.)

I have added the following:

1. Nebru 7 (Chinense) 2018 - ISO
2. Rocoto La Paz Rojo (Pubescens) 2018 - OP
3. Cap 334 Aji Champion (Baccatum) 2018 - OP - I took the last seeds last year so have grown it out and returning some.  Unfortunately I didn't manage to isolate any flowers so there is a chance of a cross.
4. Korean Hong Gochu (Annuum) 2017 as received by me and mine came true.
5. Ivory Coast 1 (Chinense) 2017 - seeds from pods I bought in Abidjan, Ivory Coast.  Pods were all red but I grew two plants this year and one had yellow/orange pods.  The seeds I have put in are the originals from Ivory Coast.  They are a hab type with smooth slim pointed fruits and a nice heat level.  Plants were taller than IC2 below with pods more spread out on the branches.
6. Ivory Coast 2 (Chinense) 2017 - seeds from pods bought in Man, Ivory Coast.  Both plants I grew were compact and bushy but absolutely covered with pods.  Pods are hab/bonnet type, with grooves, late season pods on one plant were kind of Trinidad Scorpion shaped.

I can't get to the Post Office today so will send it tomorrow.

The train arrived to Budapest, and the package is with me now. Huge load of seeds, really nice! Gonna ship it monday or tuesday...

Thanks.

1) LuckyLuke (Czech Republic) 

2) nice.chili (France) 

3) Baekseju (France) 

4) MarcV (Belgium) 

7) spicefreak (UK)

8) Mitzi (UK)

9) Sonka (Hungary)

back to LuckyLuke

It looks like the past year i didn't store my seeds in a really proper way, and signifcant amount of my stash got moldy... inside the ziplock bags. So i got really mad when i opened my boxes and saw the situation... Gonna try to disinfect some, see if they are still viable, and try to save the most precious ones. Lesson learned.

Anyway, i managed to add a few varieties to the train, couple of PepperLover's varieties, original seeds, guess they are isolated:

Trinidad beans red
Dwarf tepin
Aji cereza
Peach scorpion
Berry amarillo (really recommend this if you want excellent baccatum flavor with not that high, but nice heat. one of my favs from this year)

Kathumby black (ISO)
Rocoto La Merced (OP)
Rocoto Arequipa giant (OP)
Rocoto mini amarillo (OP)
Peru - from a local market in Hungary, the seller told me, he got the seeds from Peru. It's a chinense, the plant grows tall, it needs support or the stems break easily. Pods are realatively small (bit smaller than a cherry bomb), round, slightly elongated. When overripened, they get soft and mushy like a frutescens, very strange. And it's pretty hot!
Original Pimento de Padrón - original seeds i bought in Padrón, Spain, really recommend these if you haven't tried Padrón peppers, best fried peppers ever

And something different, grew giant sunflowers this year, it was really fun. Seeds from Baker Creek

Titan - this was the taller, more than 2,5 meters or so, with huge flower, very impressive!
Mammoth grey striped - bit smaller but still a giant, also big flower, and these produced bigger seeds for me

Lucky Luke - count me early, count me thinking of possibilities, but regardless count me in for the European Seed Train 2019.

Anyone keen for a growdown throwdown? A plant from the seed train? Start from 01 Jan 2020 (we'll finally be able to call it the twenties again)?

I'd love to see people's feedback on what they have grown from the seed train.  I've had a few problems this year with things not coming true.  Can't remember off the top of my head which of them were from the seed train but a couple definitely were.  So it might be useful to add that information in case anyone else gets the same problem.

Not a bad idea, it would be good to know whether one gets what's advertised or it's a surprise. This year I didn't grow any of the seeds from last year, because I already had my seedlings going (I'm limited for how many total I can practically grow). However I was going to try some of them for the coming year...

Back